The Campaign

Gareth was finally smiling

Gareth was finally smiling. He finished another joint with Eddie then let us both know he was heading out. I could tell he was trying to get some space; he was still weary or maybe it was just insecure about this new friendship with Mattie. The talk went in a different direction now that he was able to talk with another person. When the reality set in that he was possibly losing you and Eddie it must have been hard on him.

As Gareth walked away, I had the thought that I owed Mattie more than I ever thought I could. Later tonight I would have to thank her personally.

You started to think, what did Eddie mean to you. The two of you spent the day together, you liked touching him. It was like he was reading your mind, he jumped up on the bench next to you, hands rubbing together and arms on his knees, "Well that went better than expected, right sweetheart?"

"I was just thinking I owe Mattie... not sure what she did." I shook my head slowly. Thinking about the quiet girl with Gareth brought a warmth to you.

Eddie just laughed, "I may owe her one as well, Gareth said he spoke with her for a while. I think it's nice they have each other to talk to."

"Oh really? And do you think the same applies to you and me pretty boy?" I looked over at him and he smiled, it was the brightest smile yet. Reaching over he touched your cheek and then leaned over to kiss you, his mouth connected with yours briefly and you smiled in return, "I'll take that as a yes."

Eddie just smiled and then jumped down as the last bell sounded for the end of school, "Another day conquered m'lady."

"Well, we didn't even really go to school Eddie." I just smirked, "You going to be okay, need to grab make up work?"

"I'll figure it out, I need to graduate so I'll have to do something, not like I would trade our afternoon together for school on any day." He smirked, "You're mine now beautiful."

I found myself blushing at this statement, there it was, as simple as anyone could make it. You were Eddie's person. That made you feel warm, safe, and special. A feeling you had not felt since your grandmother was around, since that grape flavored kiss, and from the day you connected your first successful punch.

Oh. You had a fight tonight.

Remember that you were going to have to be there at 7:15pm to set up and get prepared. You had already asked Mattie to come, it was not really the scene for everyone. Would Eddie be, okay? You know Gareth was going to flip his lid. Maybe just the girls should come, maybe you would just wait till the next one.

"Did I lose you Ellie?" Eddie's words were slow, the look on your face must have been confusing. I shook my head, "nope, just thinking about work later."

"We all good?" Eddie looked concerned for a second then waited for your response.

"Yes, we are all good." I smiled and hopped off the bench, it was my turn to give him a quick kiss, I missed his lips and caught his jaw line which made him grin.