Chapter 14

Peyton woke up, smiling. Their relationship was now out in the open and she was so happy. Part of her felt bad for the photos being leaked but if that didn't happen, she wouldn't be with Tom. They would have to be sneaking around and that wasn't fair to either of them. She rolled over finding the bed empty. Sitting up and rubbing her eyes, she searched the room for any sign of Tom. It was empty save for his suitcase near her closet. She breathed a sigh of relief thinking she dreamed him being here. Pulling off the covers, she was naked, so she really wasn't dreaming. Hopping out of bed, she went into the bathroom and found a note from him.

Good morning my darling,

I had some errands to run but I left a surprise for you in your spare room. I'm taking you out for our first official date. I'll have a driver pick you up at 6pm. See you then. I love you.

Tom

She quickly freshened up and ran to her spare room to find a white box on the bed. She walked over to it and smiled. Whatever it was, she would love it because he bought it for her. When she opened it, she found a beautiful sparkly light blue dress, silver shoes and a silver choker and matching earrings. She felt like Cinderella. Looking at the time, it was only 10am. Peyton decided to call her hairdresser, Arlene, to see if she could squeeze her in. Her appointment was for noon so she had plenty of time to have a quick breakfast. She texted Tom to see where he was. He answered it was a surprise and sent her a heart emoji.

She drove herself to the hair salon. Arlene greeted her with a hug and escorted her to her chair.

"What's the occasion?" Arlene asked.

"My boyfriend is taking me out on our first official date." Peyton couldn't contain her joy.

"I don't want to be nosey but I've read the news articles," Arlene said as she brushed her hair.

Peyton explained the situation since she's known Arlene since high school. They talked about upcoming events and Peyton's new book.

"I just started it. I haven't even told my agent yet. So much has been happening in my life," Peyton explained.

"I bet." Arlene finished putting more pins in her hair. "Are you ready for the reveal?"

Peyton nodded as Arlene turned her around. "Oh wow!" Peyton looked closer in the mirror. "I love it." It was a "messy" bun but it looked so elegant. Tom was going to love it. "Thank you." Peyton hugged her.

Peyton was applying her lipstick when the doorbell rang. Taking a quick look in the floor length mirror, she approved of the outfit. Grabbing her purse, she opened the door to find a limousine waiting for her.

"Good evening Miss Richards, I'm Theodore," he said as he escorted her to the limo and opened the door for her. She gave him a warm smile.

"Where are we going?" she asked.

"I was told it was a surprise. We should be there in half an hour so sit back and relax."

Peyton couldn't stop smiling. This has got to be one of the most romantic things she's even had in her life. Something she would write about. They arrived at The Vue in DC. Theodore opened the door for her and escorted her to the front door. The maître d opened the door for her.

"Miss Richards, it is a pleasure." He bowed over her hand and placed a kiss on her knuckles. "My youngest daughter is a huge fan. My name is Marco."

"Thank you, Marco."

He escorted her to the elevator. "Mr. Hiddleston is waiting for you on the rooftop." He bowed again as the doors closed.

Peyton was holding her breath. She had no idea what awaited her. When the elevator doors opened, Tom was waiting there wearing a tuxedo. She gasped at the handsome sight he made.