𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 || 17

"What are you doing outside?" George asked, placing his blazer over Elizabeth's shoulder, he couldn't find her inside and decided to check out outside only to see her sitting on the ground and looking up at the sky with a troubled look. He sat down beside her.

"I just needed some air and I decided why not and count the stars to clear my head" Elizabeth said, turning her head to look at him but he was already looking at her with soft eyes.

"Were you really counting the stars out here?" George asked, not really believing that she was counting the stars but she sighed softly and looked back at the stars.

"Well at first I wasn't, but halfway being out here I started counting them and I lost count after getting in the two hundredths " Elizabeth replied, not wanting to tell him the real reason why she was out there in the first place "Do you feel better being out here?" George asked, she nodded her head before she felt him place his hand over hers with the gesture making her feel better.

"I'm surprised you're not asking me why I'm really out here " Elizabeth said, turning to look at him and he gave her a soft smile "I've learned my lesson with Ginny, she usually tells us when she's ready to talk about it then having to push it out of her. So I'll wait for you when you want to talk about it" George said, smiling softly at her and her eyes softened.

"I think my mom knows who my father might be and she's might be in contact with him, for who knows how long" Elizabeth said and George looked at her with wide eyes since she has told him that her biological just left without a word, she obviously didn't know the full story on how she was made.

"Your mom hasn't said anything about it?" George asked and Elizabeth shook her head, having a feeling her mom doesn't plan on telling her who her father is "I don't even think she plans on telling me who he is and it makes me upset because I have the right to know who my dad is. I don't know if she's doing this to keep me safe or not to hurt my feelings, but if she really knows who my dad is and is also keeping in contact with him, I don't think I can forgive her" Elizabeth said and George didn't say anything until she was done talking which she appreciated. She liked that George always listened to her.

"What are you going to do when you find out who your dad is?" George asked, she didn't say anything for a few seconds because she truly didn't know what she would do if she found her father. Would he even be happy to find out that he has a daughter? Does he even want to be part of her life? So many questions were filling up her head and George saw that trouble look on her face again.

"I-i don't even know George, what if my dad doesn't even want anything with me? I mean he did just leave without telling my mom anything" Elizabeth said, looking down at the grass and George frowned a little, wishing he could say something to make her feel better "Then at least you tried Elizabeth. If he truly doesn't want to be part of your life and make an effort to bond with you, it's his loss really Elizabeth. Don't overthink that pretty head of yours" George said, she chuckled softly and looked back at him.

"When the time does come when you find out who your dad is, you'll have all your friends by your side throughout the whole. I'll be by your side too" George said and she smiled at him, making her like him even more "You'll stay by my side George? Really?" Elizabeth asked with him nodding, she looked at his eyes before glancing down at his lips.

"Can I kiss you?" Elizabeth asked, looking back at his eyes and he nodded with a smile on his face, looking at her with so much love in his eyes and she leaned in to press her lips against his softly. Without hesitation, he lifted his hand to cup her face and deepened the kiss more.

Elizabeth melted in his touch and forgot the real reason why she was out there in the first place. The kiss was soft and sweet, they both were smiling in the kiss with their hearts overflowing with love and happiness "Your lips taste like something but I can't tell what it is" George murmured against her lips and she laughed softly.