II.

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐎
༊*·˚☆: *.☽

i. act i !

— 𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐊𝐒 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐀 gloomy place, and Valencia understood why the Olympic Coven — as her sister had called them — settled down in the said town

She stuck to the forest, as she didn't want to make herself known to the people of Forks, lest her sister somehow catch wind of her presence. Instead, she ran freely, letting her hair get swept into the wind as she marveled at the beauty of nature.

As a vampire, everything was so much clearer to her than the human eye, and she was so grateful for it. It allowed her the ability to appreciate the wonders of the world in a way humans could not.

While her existence was sometimes a curse, it could certainly be a blessing as well.

She continued to run, but a scent suddenly took her attention away from the greenery of the forest.

She didn't know how she knew, but her instinct told her the scent was her mate. And if her dead heart could, she knew it would be racing.

After hundreds of years of living her life alone — albeit willingly, she could now spend it with her mate. Whoever they were, she could not wait to meet them.

— 𝐈𝐓 𝐁𝐄𝐂𝐀𝐌𝐄 𝐀𝐏𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐄𝐍𝐓 to Valencia that her mate was not normal.

As she followed her mate's scent and began closing in on them, a loud howl echoed throughout the trees. She didn't think much of it but used the sound as motivation to get to her mate even faster. If wolves were out, they could be in danger.

But then suddenly she heard loud, thundering footsteps from right behind her. She didn't even bother glancing back, as she focused on trying to get away. She had never encountered wolves this adamant about chasing her before — which lead her to the thought that these wolves could not be normal.

She'd heard whispers of men that could turn into wolves before, her kind's mortal enemies; but she never thought it was true. As she ran now, she understood that she thought wrong.

The oddest thing, though — was that the smell of her mate was extremely potent. Almost as if one of the wolves was her mate.

The more she grappled with the thought, the more outrageous her plan became. Nonetheless, she took a deep breath and prayed she was right.

She suddenly stopped, and let one of the wolves 'catch' her.

As she landed on the ground with a loud thud, she faced the snarling grey wolf above her. He was inches away from biting her face off when something suddenly shifted.

The other wolves were quick to gather behind the wolf on top of her. But as soon as one made a move to try and touch her, the grey one suddenly turned around and growled. He snapped his teeth as if to tell the wolf to back off, and stood in front of her protectively.

She knew then for sure, that the wolf above her was her mate.

But before she could say anything, another howl broke through the woods — much further away from them.

The other wolves looked at each other before they began to sprint towards the sound. Only her mate stayed back.

He turned around to look at her once more, before suddenly shifting into a man right before her eyes.

Her brows raised, as she took in her mate. When it fully hit her that he was in fact naked, she looked away while clearing her throat.

"I don't suppose you have clothes out here, mate." She spoke softly, as he continued to stare at her.

"My name is Embry." He replied.

"I don't suppose you have clothes out here, Embry." She corrected herself, amusement lacing her tone.

Embry huffed out a soundless laugh, before walking behind a tree. He emerged a few seconds later with a pair of tan cut-offs dawning his legs, and smiled sheepishly.

"Will you come back to my Alpha's house? We...have a lot to talk about."

She nodded. "Very well, mate. Lead the way."

As they began to walk, he shot her a sideways glance. "Are you just going to continue calling me that?"

Her brows furrowed. "You are my mate, are you not? Or perhaps I got it wrong. Do I belong to one of your pack mates?" She knew what she was doing when she asked the second question.

She didn't care.

He growled suddenly and moved so that he was facing her instead of walking beside her. "You're mine."

She smirked. "Well then, mate, would you prefer I call you something else?" She asked, emphasizing the 'mate'.

He blushed slightly, as he turned to continue walking. "Mate is fine." He mumbled just loud enough for her enhanced hearing to catch.

She laughed softly, as they continued to make their way through the forest.

This was going to be interesting.