Part 1- Adoption?

February 9, 1987

Although Steve Harrington was 21 years old, he knew he wasn't ever going to go to college. The only reason he stuck around his parent's home was because he was saving up for his own house. The young man rarely crossed paths with his mother and father, but this day was different.

Steve walked in the door after a long, harrowing shift at Family Video- Robin was off work that particular day, so of course people flooded in the doors. Anyways, he saw his parents sitting on the enormous couch, staring at him, like when they used to have "family discussions," aka five minutes of torture.

On this particular occasion, his father told him to sit down.

"Steven, we have some news."
Oh great.

"Well, I might as well just spit it out," said his mother. "We're adopting a child."

That definitely wasn't what the boy was expecting. "Uh... what?!" His parents just stared at him. "Well, you've never really seemed too fond of kids... so I don't understand."

"As you know, your mother is running for mayor. We figure we might as well help a child affected by the earthquake, and help your mother in the election."

That pissed him off. Seriously, forcing someone to live with those jackasses just to help with publicity? At least it's someone whose parents probably died in March or something...

...

Steve spent the rest of that night wondering who could possibly his new sibling. And boy, was he in for a surprise.