Part 6- Edward. Tabitha. Munson.

February 27, 1987

The sibling pair got into the car and drove to the trailer park off Kerley. The man they were going to see had recently been cleared of all crimes, after a series of long interrogations and time with a parole officer- it helped that the main person trying to get him arrested had died in the "earthquake".

The duo pulled up to the side of the road by the now-abandoned Mayfields' trailer. They walked over to Eddie Munson's home, knocking on the door. A middle-aged man, familiar to most residents of Hawkins, opened the door. "Hopper?!" Maxine questioned. Forgot he was alive, she thought. "Uh... hi. Is Eddie here?"

Here's an explanation: after coming back to Hawkins, no one believed Jim Hopper was alive. Eventually, he managed to convince Chief Powell, but he still had to start at the bottom. Naturally, he opted for the next best option- becoming a parole officer for a rowdy, yet innocent young man. And back to the story.

"Yeah, yeah, Come in," Jim said, slightly alarmed at the sight of the supposedly-comatose girl.

"Hey, Eddie!" Called Steve. "We wanted to visit for a little while-we have news."

"We?"

"Uh, yeah... just come here, would you?" He didn't sound annoyed. To Max, it sounded almost... flirtatious. She had always known there was something going on between them, but it was blatantly obvious right then.

Eddie Munson sauntered into the room, a curious look on his face. When he saw the teen, his eyebrows shot up. "Mayfield?" he questioned, surprised.

"Uh, yeah. Hi."

Strangely enough, the man hugged her. "So that's why Pretty Boy's been acting strange lately? Seems fair enough."

She laughed at that, an they went through the whole process of explaining the situation yet again. All in all, despite how tiring it was, that was a great day for Maxine Mayfield. And maybe soon, Max would come back.

...

Sorry for the short chapter! I try to make them 500-750 words, but this is mostly just a filler chapter. Vecnussy's coming back in a few chapters. Sowwy.

-R