chapter two.

2. nothing good last forever.

      A FEW DAYS LATER

A FEW DAYS LATER.
"HAPPY BIRTHDAY, VALERIE!"

Valerie eyes shot open and her body quickly jumped forward from her sleeping position. Her long hair covered her face as she looked around to see her two closest friends and lover standing around her bed.

Roxy stood there with bright smile as she held a cake in her hand with the words 'Happy Birthday, Val' written in the center of it. Merlin had balloons in his hands and Eggsy had a few gifts bag in his.

Even though she was awoken with a fright, a smile grew on her face. "You guys," She whines as she pouts her lips in happiness. This was the cutest thing ever, she thinks to herself. "First of all you scared me shitless, but I love this. You guys are so amazing." She appreciates as she crawls out of her bed and hugs them each.

"We wanted to surprise you, babe, and we totally got you." Eggsy winks as he pressed a kiss against her cheeks.

Valerie chuckles, "yes. You guys honestly did." She admits.

"Come on, you must get ready! We have a whole day planned for you." Roxy spoke, excitingly as she placed the cake down on a nightstand, "but first." She then pulls out a lighter from her back pocket.

"We must sing happy birthday to the birthday girl." Melon finished as he ties the balloons to her bed stand.

Roxy lifts the cake back up after she lit all the candles and they all began to sing happy birthday to her.

Valerie looks at the three in awe. The people she loved most in this world were here with her today. Even though she felt a piece of her was missing because of Harry's absent, they all made it up for it. Moments like this she never took for granted. It was beautiful memories like this she cherished forever.

"Blow out the candles, love!" Eggsy chirps.

"Make a wish first!" Roxy spoke, sounding a bit childish for saying so, but the blonde already had that in mind. You are never too old to make wishes on your birthday.

Valerie smiled and closed her eyes to make her wish.

I wish that this could last forever.

She then released a soft blow to the lit candles. Putting them out quickly.

They all cheered happily and Roxy excused herself along with Merlin to allow Valerie to get ready for the day.

"I can't believe you kept that a secret from me." Valerie spoke as she searched her closer for an outfit.

"It was so hard, babe. I could never keep anything from you." Eggsy said as he joined her in her walk in closet. He then walks close to her and wrapped his arms around her torso from behind. "Did you enjoy it?" He asked as he placed his chin on her shoulder.