s1, ep 1 ; pilot

"okay, now sorta just stand there looking down at the streets—can you look a little less happy? we are in an apocalypse and its unrealistic."

"like this?"

"no, stop scrunching your eyebrows like that."

"i'm not."

"yes you are. ugh now you look too chipper."

"well, i can't help it. i have a chipper face."

"sshh! okay maybe just like take your hat off, and like run your hand through your hair."

"okay . . . but what's my motivation though?"

"you're quite literally in the apocalypse . . . and um, you're trapped. the walking dead pile the streets, surrounding the building and they've blocked your only exit. you don't know what to do."

"that is literally our exact situation." glenn said dumbfounded.

"great, use that!"

he thought for a moment, then he nodded. "okay, got it."

"okay great. let's roll it again." juno re-positioned herself a few feet away from glenn left, and looked through at the scene through her camcorder screen. "quiet on set! aaaaand action!" she slowly walked closer to glenn, zooming closer to his stressed out face, him removing his hat and running a hand through his hair. she held the shot on glenn for a few seconds before panning down to the streets below, towards the abandoned army tank and the snarling monsters that littered the city streets.

juno smiled. "oh that was perfect. i think that was it."

"ooh you should do one of me crouching on the ledge, looking down on the city like i'm batman." glenn suggested.

"i totally would if i wasn't worried you'd be a hazard for falling off. plus we don't have a batman costume. but there is a clothes store downstairs . . . we could probably makeshift something."

"well at least have me do his monologue."

"fine, get up there. but be careful." juno pressed record on her camera. "but i'm getting this on the record: if you fall, i'm not liable."

glenn did a double take. "woah wait juno. check this out." glenn pointed down to the street. it was very noticeable, and juno could hardly believe what she was seeing. low and behold, an man, with what looked to be dressed in a sheriff uniform getup--hat and everything--riding in on a horse. her jaw dropped . . . and she raised her camera.

unfortunately this man did not seem to know what he was riding in on. the dead quickly surrounded the horse and the sheriff, and juno and glenn had no choice but to helplessly watch as the horse reared up on its hind legs and threw the sheriff off. at this point, juno had lowered the camera and sorta zoned out. she wanted to close her eyes, but found herself unable too. it took glenn a few nudges to get her her attention again. "he made it!" he said. "he got under the tank!"

"the horse wasn't so fortunate." juno pointed out, cringing at the doggie pile of geeks that teared the poor horse apart.

"what'd he think he was doing riding in on a horse like that?' glenn commented.

"i mean, it's a neat set up for a hero. maybe he has the cure and has to deliver it somewhere in the city, and this is just a little kink in his plan."

". . . or he's just a dumbass."

"try the walkie. maybe dumbass has one." glenn nodded.

juno aimed the camera back to glenn—might as well, there isn't anything else for her to do. glenn fiddled with the radio for a moment before pressing the talk button. "hey you. dumbass. yeah you in the tank. you cozy in there?"

glenn let go of the button. there was what felt like a long moment of silence, a pregnant pause if you will. they both made eye contact, considering the idea that maybe the man didn't actually made it like they had hoped.

but then, there was a crackle. static from the walkie.

"hello? hello?"