s1, ep 3 ; tell it to the frogs

juno has passed out at some point. the exhaustion of the day really set in once she'd totally relaxed, headache and sore muscles. goodness knows she needed that nap. jacqui gently shook her awake once they got close to camp. "c'mon sweetie."

rick pulled the truck in behind the orange challenger. the back opened and everyone ran out to greet their family and friends. juno looked to rick, who sorta stared off into space. "come out when you're ready." she placed a hand on his shoulder. "they're all relatively friendly. you'll fit right in." she joked.

rick smiled a little, then nodded.

juno hoped out of the truck and joined glenns side. he turned to her excitedly and ran a hand over the roof of the orange car. "how cool is this?! that was literally the best moment of my life."

juno laughed. "i was able to get a little bit on camera before you left us in the dust."

"oh you're amazing! you need to show me later."

before she could say anything, carl and sophia ran over to her and tackled her into a hug. "woah, careful there you little rugrats. you're gonna knock me over."

carol wasn't too far behind with a small smile. "i'm glad you're both okay." she said to juno and glenn.

"yeah us too." said juno. "boy, have we got a story for dinner tonight."

"you are a welcomed sight!" dale greeted morales with a hug. "i though we had lost yo folks for sure." dale was an older man, always seen sporting a hawaiian shirt and a bucket hat.

"how'd y'all get out of there anyway?" shane asked. was a well built man, and carried the role of a leader for the group. he was a cop before all this, so juno suppose that fit the profile. he was also in kahoots with lori, carl's mother, though nobody else knew. lola only knew this because she once saw them doing the devils tango in the forest while she was taking a walk and filming the greenery ("nope, this is a pg film."), she was very quick to leave, delete her footage, and never went for walks in the forest again after that.

"new guy. he got us out." answered glenn.

"new guy?"

"yeah, crazy vato just got into town." said morales, his arm hung around his wife's shoulder. "he, helicopter boy! come say hello. the guy's a cop like you."

the truck door closed, and rick slowly walked out, then froze when he looked up. rick's eyes welled with tears.

"dad!" carl ran and collided into rick--his father's arms. rick droppd his his knees as he clung to the boy.

next to juno, shane he stumbled a little. his mouth agape, staring at rick. "you okay?"

there was a pause before shane answered. he watched lori run into rick's arms next. "yeah . . . yeah why wouldn't i be?" he didn't take his eyes off the reunited family. juno eyed him wearily. she could only imagine his world probably shattering.

"disoriented." rick explained. "i guess that comes closest. disoriented. fear, confusion... all those things but ... disoriented comes closest." the camp all settled by a low burning fire when nightfall came around, listening to ricks experience. juno sat next to glenn in a camper chair, a shared blanket across her's and glenn's lap. she was in awe with rick's story. the man had quite literally just woke up from a coma (caused by getting shot while on the job), met a man and his boy—morgan and dwayne, who taught rick the new ways of the world, and here he is now. total main character moment.

"words can be meager things. sometimes they fall short." said dale.

"i felt like i'd been ripped out of my life and put somewhere else. for a while i thought i was trapped in some coma dream, something i might not wake up from ever."