Perfect Girl

TW:// Sex. Violence. Mention of Rape. Substance abuse and Language.

Reader's discretion is advised.

And there he stood, against the glaring ocean, holding all the love in the world.

...

"It's a school building project, Vegas. Someone has to go." Kinn said while walking in circles, reading office reports and business proposals.

"Do I look like a public figure to you? Chay's better, send him." Vegas answers, leaning on the meeting table. It's just him and his cousin.

"You were very good when you were backstabbing the family. Where did that talent go?"

Vegas rolls his eyes. It already takes a lot not to pounce on Kinn. Him being told what to do by this guy, the heavens might as well open its gates for Vegas with the patience he's offering.

"Why can't your crazy brother go? This is his idea. You really have to wrap me into this?"

"You know what's up on that day."

"He's not the only person mourning him!"

"I know, Vegas. And I'd rather have you deal with that somewhere else, than have whatever happened last year, again, in my house!" Kinn looked at him, clearly still upset about Vegas and Thankun's fight. "I'll keep Porsche out of your hair then. Just do this once and I'll leave the casino to your care. Please."

A tempting offer. And also, Kinn rarely asks for Vegas' help sincerely. It seems like the mafia boss has too much on his plate. He's even offering Vegas a favour. Vegas sighs and gets off the table. "Fine. Better than watch your brother cry on the floor again."

"I know it hurts you to see him like that, Vegas. I know, you know, you two share the same wound."

"Don't talk about shit you don't know, Kinn! Thankun is an asshole for treating Pete like a fucking saint. Building him a shrine, like it's gonna bring him back. At least you still have Porsche." Vegas leaves the meeting room, slamming the door after him.

Porsche emerges behind a pillar. He stops Kinn from following Vegas. "Breath, my love. You know it's especially painful this time of the year."

"But it's been seven years. He knows well he's better off if he moves on."

"You'd spiral worse if I was the one who died," Porsche states the fact. Kinn looked at him not to talk like that. But Porsche just wrapped his arms around him. "What I mean is: people mourn in different ways. He may be an asshole and a psycho. And he definitely deserves this. But Vegas is still human. He loved. And he lost that. What he needs, even though seven years had passed, is our patience and condolence."

Kinn looked at him confused. "I'm always wondering how you can say serious things sometimes. But decides to form a kitty cult every Sunday morning."

"You insult me, husband."

Kinn gives Porsche his good morning kiss.

...

Vegas arrives on an island. Covered in sunscreen cream and bug spray. He's so not playing nice after this. He'll make sure 70% of the casinos' revenue is gonna go to his pocket.

"The event is starting, sir."

Vegas quickly slip into the school hall. The ACs are on max to combat the heat outside. The venue is packed. The seats are occupied by students, parents and visitors. There is food prepared for everyone backstage. Though, most of them are traditional southern food: too spicy for his tolerance. He stared at the most familiar one on the table.