𝐈𝐈. 𝐃𝐢𝐬𝐚𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐫

══════⊹⊱≼≽⊰⊹══════

Smiling, Edith let out a heavy breath, pulling her backpack further up her shoulders, turning halfway up the hill and waving an arm at the kids below.

"Come on, you lot!"

Edith ignored the middle finger Fred gave her through his yawn as he and the others trudged up the hill after her.

Just ahead of her was Arthur, who smiled as Edith walked beside him.

Her long jacket was transfigured into a shorter one, but she wore her usual boots and dark jeans. The cardigan she wore yesterday was safely folded over a chair at the Burrow's dining table. Instead, she wore her beloved jumper with a collared shirt underneath.

The fresh air was enough to wake her up when she stepped outside the house. Edith had been given the option of apparating  along with Percy, Bill and Charlie, but she declined, instead deciding to travel with the others.

The trees above winded above, making gaps in the early morning sunlight as it shone down on the group. The kids had caught up, following behind Arthur and Edith as they walked along happily.

They rounded a corner, walking into a clearing. A familiar voice sounded from ahead of them.

"Arthur! It's about time, son!" Edith smiled at the grinning face of Amos Diggory.

Arthur waved in response, the group finally nearing the man. "Sorry, Amos. Some of us had a bit of a sleepy start." Arthur turned, looking at Ron and Harry for a moment.

"This is Amos Diggory, everyone. Works with me at the Ministry." Arthur introduced.

A body dropped from the tree, landing on his feet and springing back up, a smile on his face.

"And this strapping young lad must be Cedric, am I right?" Arthur asked, leaning forward and shaking the boy's hand.

"Yes sir." Cedric replied, his father proudly clapping his shoulder.

Edith crossed her arms, biting back a smile as she spoke up from behind Arthur, who stepped out of the way.

"Diggory. Still practicing those dives?"

Cedric was unable to stop the grin splitting across his face at the sight of her.

He nodded, rocking back on his heels. "Sure am, Captain."

"Murphy would be proud." Edith grinned widely, stepping around Arthur to wrap her arms around the boy, who hugged her back just as enthusiastically.

"I should hope so. They trained me for the last three years. So did you. But by the sounds of it, you're doing damn well for yourself." Cedric pulled back, bumping a closed fist against the girl's.

"Hah, yeah. It's been a good summer. As for the training, last I heard we did a damn good job." Edith mused, turning to hold out a hand towards Amos.

"Edith Finch, sir. I was Murphy Monroe's Co-captain." She began, but the man's eyes brightened in excited recognition. He clasped her hand in return, shaking it happily.

"You were indeed! Taught my Ced to be a spanking good player, one of your best, wasn't he?"

"Murphy would say so." Edith replied, smiling slightly.

Amos barked a laugh, shaking her hand again before he let go, and the group steadily set onwards, heading through the trees again.

══════⊹⊱≼≽⊰⊹══════