𝐗𝐈𝐈. 𝐎𝐥𝐝 𝐅𝐚𝐜𝐞𝐬 𝐀𝐧𝐝 𝐍𝐞𝐰 𝐅𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐬

══════⊹⊱≼≽⊰⊹══════

"And this... is my classroom." Edith grinned as she opened the door, letting Remus stroll through before going in herself, leaving the door partly open.

Remus gazed around the room through an ajar smile, his eyes set on the curtains hanging at the sides of the tall windows on the left side of the room, and the fairy lights wrapped around the stone railing at the back of the room, leading up to where he remembered his office had been.

A fond laugh was huffed out of his chest when he spotted the glass cabinet under the stairs, with two themed beaters bats and an old bludger sat in-between them.

Edith followed behind him with her arms loosely folded over her chest, watching the small reactions in his expression when he spotted other decorations around the room like the wire lights and the curtains.

And she didn't miss his look of pride and awe at the sight of the enchanted ceiling above them both, an amber sky shone down on them to match the light outside the towering windows that lined the room.

Remus strolled up the isle between the desks, his gaze drifting upwards again and spotting the planetary display that he once had in his own office.

"Darling.... are those my planets?" Remus asked over his shoulder.

"Our planets. When you left, Moody didn't want them. He took the Hebridean Black skeleton and I asked him for the planets. He said yes. Oh, now that we're a bit more public, I suppose that display can be lower....not, not that anyone would really pick up us being together from some candles though." Edith slipped her wand out of her sleeve as she shrugged, pointing it towards the planetary rotation hanging from the roof.

She concentrated, pulling her wand downwards in a slow gesture, watching as the heavy display lowered with her movement, now in plain view to anyone who came inside the room.

Remus squinted his eyes. "Those candles... are those the same ones that I set up for you last year?"

"Mhm. I didn't have the heart to get rid of them. I think they made it look even more beautiful. Y'know... that gives me an idea." Edith waved her wand again, watching as the tiny wicks atop each candle sprung into light, with small orange flames beginning to dance at their tips.

"There. Back to normal." Edith nodded in satisfaction, putting her wand away.

"I can't believe you kept them." Remus sounded pleasantly suprised, pivoting on his heel to smile at her over his shoulder, his head lopsided with a lax fondness.

He was beautiful.

"'Course I kept them. That night meant a lot to us. We found out the truth about Pettigrew, Sirius was freed, and the Wolf didn't harm anybody, even without Wolfsbane."

Remus' smile lessened, but there wasn't any sadness in his eyes, more of a resigned and exasperated acceptance. "Yes, I remember that well."

A pinch of guilt tugged at Edith's heartstrings, and her voice was quiet across the empty classroom. "...Sorry."

"No. Don't be. The Wolf is... questionable, at times." Remus paused, glancing down at his hands.

"But he isn't shameful." Remus continued. "Nor is he a monster. Actions make people monsters, not their given nature. I'm trying my best to remember that, but let me apologise in advance if sometimes I'll fail to hear my own words if you ever speak them back to me. But I am trying." Remus told her, tearing his eyes away from his hands to look over at Edith.