• CHAPTER THREE •

New york
Night of November 6
Sunrise: 6:59 a.m.
Blood: [•][•][•][•][•][ ]

Me: "Sebastian wait! You can't leave me, you can't leave us

Me: "Sebastian wait! You can't leave me, you can't leave us."

Sebastian: "If I wanted to be here then I would Katherine, join me, we could be together forever, untouched by any of the Camarilla."

Me: " I...I can't Seb, what your doing it's risky not to mention we would be putting targets on our back for the inquisition. Wouldn't you rather be a courier than run for the rest of your life?"

Sebastian: "Katherine, understand this, all this," he holds up the delivery bag, "do you really want to be a courier forever, doing deliveries for royal bastards who don't give the slightest shit if you die out there!"

His blue eyes catch my attention, his mad, not for me staying but choosing the Camarilla over him.

Sebastian: " Well then I see you've made your decision."

He throws the package on the ground and heads to startup up the old truck his been using. After revving the engine furiously he looks at me one more time leaving a trail of dirt as he speeds off into the night.

*Knocking

I lift my head from the water and see the prince standing in the doorway, one of his guards proceeding to hand me over the towel.

Nathaniel: "I would like for you to stay the night we have uh, things to discuss regarding your next delivery."

He then leaves and his guard proceeds to keep watch from outside the glass door.
From the shelves I pick out something more useful to wear and decide to go with a leather Jean, new heels and a long coat accompanied with a white top. Some pieces fit more than others but it's okay, these are from charity afterall so I don't mind.

I make my way up the stairs and head to where the prince is seated. He watches me closely and smiles, his guard smiling along too.

Me: " What's going on, happy hour?"

His face becomes more serious and he tells his guard to hand him his laptop.

Nathaniel: "You know Jacob Knowles?

He sounds frustrated.

Me: "No, after all let me remind you I'm just a courier, one of the fallen of the once–invisible pyramid of clan Tremere which is now a waste, I'm one of the many few left from the bottom, I don't get to talk to important people."

He motions to one of his guards to replay the video, showing the Tremere experimenting on a couple of dozen humans in a lab of some sort.

Nathaniel: "I believe you get where I'm going with this Tremere, I want what he was trying to discover. Find this and you will be rewarded handsomely.

Staring at him I pick up the laptop and look closer noticing a shadow from the background as it moves past the window, not saying anything.

Me: "How much?'