Chapter 31: Shira's scoldings

when a loud voice came out of nowhere, they next knew that Midoriya was kicked by an old man in white and yellow who was now scolding the green-haired boy. "well, I don't know what happened but...for the time being, I'm glad if you're all right." the old man who is now known as Gran Torino said to Midoriya, who is quite angry at the green haired boy, as more pro heroes came to where they where.

"We received a command from Mr. Endeavour to come to assist but... Kids...!? They've got awful wounds! call an ambulance! Hey, is that the hero killer!!?" All five pro heroes said at the same time which caused Shira to have a headache, she was getting into a worse mood, 'will ya all stupid idiots shut the hell up, already' she thought in her mind trying to block out all the noises.

Luckily for the pro heroes, Todoroki spoke up first, "that he... that Endeavour isn't here, does that mean he's still in the middle of a fight back there?" to which a female pro hero answers him, "yeah! we came here because we don't have any guys with quirks among us that'd work against those villains." she answers, which Shira let out a sigh of disappointment as she does understand what the hero meant but it also meant that the heroes depend too much on stronger quirks then working together to figure a way to defeat that nomus, she doesn't blame the heroes as that nomus as difficult to defeat. As she and the rest went but Ida stayed behind for a while, Shira noticed this and looked back towards Ida, he started to speak, this made both Todoroki and Midoriya turn to face him only to see him bowing his head,

"Both of you sustained wounds and Shira you had to over-used your quirk because of me, I'm truly sorry...I became so blind to see clearly," Ida said as tears started falling, seeing this Shira just let out a sigh as she was about to speak but Midoriya spoke up before her, ".... I’m sorry too, man. You were brooding so much, but I completely overlooked that even though we're friends..." he says with a bit of guilt in his voice, Ida stayed quite thinking about everything before.

Then Todoroki spoke up next "Pull yourself together. You're the class president." his voice is calm, Ida wipes his tears as he agrees with Todoroki, then he face Shira, "Shira, thank you for reminding me of everyone, and snapping me out of my actions," Ida says to her, Shira just nodded.

"No big deal in all honesty," she says while shrugging her shoulder, her voice a bit quiet as it pains her to speak at the moment from overused, she turns back walking ahead of everyone. Then all of a sudden, her instinct told her danger was right behind her, she immediately turns to see a flying nomu, about to attack, seeing that she was about to move Midoriya out of the way but she can feel her body refuse to from fatigue from overuse of her quirk, causing her to grit her teeth, the flying nomu to hold of Midoriya and flies away.

Then all of a sudden, the nomu stopped moving and fell to the ground to show Stain carrying Midoriya and a knife in the nomu's brain, "The phonies that have overrun society and the criminals who so aimlessly sprinkle around their 'power' those are the targets of my purge, all of this is for the sake of the world!" Shira stayed still as the pro heroes started speaking to each other panicking, then a loud voice of Endeavour come, "why are you all just standing around!!? He must have fled over there by now!!" but when Endeavour was about to attack the hero killer, a heavy blood lust fell in the air, which causes everyone to stay still from fear. "Another phony the fake must be rectified... Someone...someone must stain himself in his blood, the world 'hero' must be restored...! come!! Just try it you pretenders!" the more he spoke the heavier the air felt, he takes a step closer, "The only one who is allowed to kill me is All Might!!" he finished, Shira let out a breath and walk closer some heroes tried to stop her but she ignored them.

"Alright, now that he has stopped let's get you to mister Hero killer to the hospital," Shira says, as she went up to him, "Okay, he has lost consciousness...mm" she went closer and tries to listen to his breath when her eyes widen, "hey get the ambulance fast!" she orders to them as she tries to lay the hero killer down, 'shit, his ribs are broken and has made a hole in his lungs, if he does not get treated fast his will die' Shira thought, "what are you all waiting for get the ambulance fast!" she says as she tries to use her quirk she didn't care if she faints or not, she may not be able to do much treatment but maybe enough until the ambulance gets here, luckily one of the heroes called for the ambulance.

The next morning, inside Hosu general hospital, three high school boys inside one of the rooms speaking to each other, "now that I can reflect more calmly... that was pretty impressive." another agrees with that statement. "After being shown an end like that, I've come to think it's a miracle we're still alive. looking at my leg, I think he'd wanted to kill me... he probably could have." Midoriya says in a serious tone.

"Yep. no doubt about it: he let us live. Dude, you were faced with such intense bloodlust, and yet you still stood right back up to face him. pretty kickass." Todoroki says with an impressed tone towards Ida, "shit, I was supposed to come to your rescue, but ended up having to be rescued myself. my bad" but Ida had disagreed with Todoroki when the room's door opens up to show Gran Torino and pro hero Manual and a man with a dog's head but they were not alone as Shira was there as well as she gave the three boys a wave. "Unbelievable... I want to crumble my heart out but...well... before that you have a visitor. the chief of the Hosu police precinct, Mr. Tsuragamae Kenji." Gran Torino says to the three boys.

As the boys were about to show their respect by bowing the Police Chief stops them, "Don't worry, you all can stay seated. I know you all had it quite ruff," he says, to which the boys followed, "so you're the ones who put a stop to the hero killer! you're UA kids all right! Actually regarding the hero killer... he sustained several burns, bone fractures, and other serious injuries, and it is presently undergoing treatment for them." he explains, to which the boys were quite shocked to hear the damage the hero killer sustained, as he further explains the reason of the rules of heroes and police protocols and principle were made, "on the other paw those who aren't qualified yet might harm others through the use of their quirks without the direction of their guardians or supervisors. Even if their opponent were, say, the hero killer himself this is nevertheless a top-calibre violation of the rules. you three pups and all the pro heroes which are to say, Endeavour, Manual, Gran Torino... you six must all be handed down adequately impartial punishment."

Then Todoroki spoke up to say, "if Ida hadn't moved in on him 'Native' would've gotten killed. and If Midoriya hadn't arrived, then the both of them would've died! at that time, nobody had noticed the hero killer's appearance yet, sir. So, you’re saying we should have followed the rules and let everyone die!? so if the end result turns out all right you think we should just fudge the rules, is that it? saving people is what heroes do! it's their job!" at the near end of his speech Todoroki shouted,

"Can ya keep it down for heaven's sake, Todoroki, you are in a hospital!" Shira scolded him, hearing her tone Ida flinch and this caught everyone by surprise as they all turn towards Shira, "that way of thinking is naïve and selfish, yeah, Ida may have saved another person but it does not make the situation any better cause it would have cost him, his life as well, the same with Midoriya, because remember the hero killer has kill 17 pro heroes and crippled 23 heroes, he would've easily killed you three, which would not have just hurt Gran Torino and Manual but your families and friends, You three did not handle the situation well, you could've asked for help from pro heroes, if Midoriya had time to send a message to you Todoroki or a classmate then he could've to ask help from another pro hero or you Todoroki could've but none of you did, because when I got there, Midoriya was already fight Stain, and Ida on the ground and the hero was injured," she says with full of emotions,

"Think before you act because there are people who care for you all, remember that those rules are there to protect you and everyone, at the time it may seem unfair because they are not perfect, you three are still high schoolers, yes you fought villains in the USJ but they were low-level villains, the hero killer a much higher-level villain and a killer, but you three are trainees and do not have enough experience to fight a villain of his class. you all were lucky that you came out alive and only have broken bones because if you all made the same action, we may see you all in the hospital, not in a medic room but in a morgue where your families and friends were asked to identify your bodies, do not do that to the people who loves and cares for you" She finishes, everyone is quite but really caught them by surprise were the tears that were falling down her face, "because seeing a family member and friend on that cold room, laying on top of the metal table causes pain that feels like their own beating heart being ripped out of their chest, the sadness they would feel from seeing that important part of their life lay there on that table, never do that to them, throwing you life so recklessly" she says when flashbacks come to Shira's eyes.

Flashback:

In a cold dimly lit room, there is three metal table with a white sheet covering the bodies on top of the table, on the other side of the room is another metal table with the same white sheet covering another body, Shira walks closer to one of the bodies, her shaky hand went to uncover the body when it was uncovered tear broke from her eyes as she screams and sobs loudly.

Flashback finishes:

Shira breathes heavily, "sorry for my outburst," she says as she wipes the traces of her tears, thankfully the police chief faked a cough to get everyone's attention, "well, that was my opinion as police. As for the rest of what I have to say... well at the end of the day, punishment or what have you been only meted out upon official disclosure. A public announcement would invite the praise and admiration of the people for you... but it would also necessitate punishment. If, however, I was to fail to go public with the true dirt of this affair then it could be the hero killer's burns that Endeavour or was the man of merit who took him down, and back up that version of the events. Fortunately, the number of witnesses was extremely limited. what I'm saying is that we can bury your violation like a bone in the yard. however, this means no one can ever know of your dogged decisions and fetching feats!" he explains to the three students, further on the three students apologizes to the three adults for the trouble.

Then the police chief says his farewells and left, Shira stretches and walk out as well, when the chief turns to her, "Thank you for once again helping the situations of both the evacuation of civilians, with medical help and helping with the capture of the hero killer but sorry that you would not be able to get the recognition that you deserve."

"Hey, chief it's fine I didn't even want it and you know that it's just good that I ask Nezu permission to come here and I was able to get permission to use my quirk in emergencies, or else I would be in trouble as well."  She says with a smile as she waves goodbye to him.