Fairy Tail ♝

Written by: Hiro Mashima

Genre: Action, Adventure, Comedy, Fantasy

Plot:

Lucy Heartfilia, a 17-year-old celestial wizard runs away from home to join Fairy Tail, a wizard's guild. In her journey to Fairy Tail, she meets Natsu Dragneel and his companion Happy-exceed, in search for Natsu's foster parent, a dragon named Dragneel who disappeared seven years earlier. Lucy was abducted by a wizard who claims himself the Salamander. Natsu saves her and reveals that he is the real Salamander and a Dragon Slayer. He then invited Lucy to join Fairy Tail.

In her stay in Fairy Tail, she eventually forms a team with Natsu, Happy, Gray Fulbuster- an ice wizard with the hobby of striping and Erza Scarlet-an S class armored female wizard. They go on tasks and missions such as defeating a dark guild and receives money for completing it.

Soon after that, a rival guild Phantom Lord attacks Fairy Tail, resulting to a war between the two guilds. Fairy tail defeated Phantom Lord. After, Gajeel Redfox, a dragon slayer raised by a dragon, Metalicana and Juvia Lockser, a water wizard joins Fairy Tail. Erza crosses paths with her childhood friend, Jellal Fernandes. Soon after, Laxus Dreyar, grandson of the guild's master, Macarov Dreyar declares war resulting to an expulsion after defeated.

Lucy's team was soon put into an alliance with other guilds such as Blue Pegasus, Lamia Scale and Cait Shelter to stop Oracion Seis in resurrecting Nirvana. After, Wendy Marvell, a sky dragon slayer joins Fairy Tail. They also went into journey in Edolas, an alternative universe where Lucy's friends and everyone in Fiore are turned into magic crystals. They saved everyone and even Edolas.

Soon, Natsu and others are on an S class mission on their sacred ground, Tenrou Island where the first master is laid. They were attacked by Grimoire Heart, a dark guild seeking for Zeref. They defeated Grimoire Heart, however resulting to summon the black dragon, Acnologia and attacks the island. With the help of the founder or the first master of Fairy Tail, Mavis Vermillion protects everyone from Acnologia's attacked with a defensive spell, freezing them in time.

After 7 years, Natsu and others came back and discovered that they are the weakest guild of all. They participate in a tournament, Daimatou Enbu. Grand magic games are still continuing and Lucy and the others are drawn into a new project the Eclipse, a project that is travelling back to time where they can defeat Zeref before it's too late.

Source: Wikipedia

Manga: Ongoing

Anime: S1 Completed

Total Episodes: 175

Sequel: Fairy Tail 2014 (S2)

REVIEW:

Fairy Tail is one of my favorite anime series. If you like shounen genre, you should definitely try Fairy Tail. The characters are amazing, the fights and the comedy. ^.^

STORY: The story is amazing. Some of the episodes are fillers, but it still makes sense. The happenings are also random. Even though they are a big group of mages, little groups are established and together they go on different jobs to gain money for a living. What makes anime exciting is the small arcs placed between episodes. Small arcs are also seen in Fairy Tail which always tested their unity and friendship between them. ((;

CHARACTERS: If you would count all the characters, it would take you some time. Indeed, there are a lot of Fairy Tail's characters, which makes it interesting to meet each and everyone. Character development is also seen. As truths are revealed, Fairy Tail managed to build relationships between characters, both friendship and romantic, which is not common in shounen. Some characters reveals some connections which amuse you. As for a girl like myself, it would be unusual to like anime's like Fairy Tail, One Piece and the like. It is unusual because other girls prefer romantic ones which I don't really like.

ANIMATION: Others says that Fairy Tail's animation is worse, which I don't approve. I don't know why others says that, which in my point of view, Fairy Tail's animation is great both in anime and manga.

SOUND: The soundtrack makes you "YEAH !!!". Fairy Tail really chose the best soundtrack that makes you go wild ^_^. The seiyuu (japanese voice actors and actresses) really fits in their roles, just like Natsu and Lucy. Both seiyuu are amazing in doing their voices.

NOTES:

Loves shounen plus comedy? Watch Fairy Tail, it will really prove it's worth. Though the anime is completed, they are doing a run through, so there are chances that they will make another season or not. But, take note, the manga is still ongoing just like Bleach. Enjoy, Read, Watch, Enjoy >__<

I enjoyed Fairy Tail all the way until the end of it's first season though I kinda got a little disappointed to how it is as of now, in the manga and S2 of anime. There are a lot of time skips and a looot of fillers, not really needed. I still read- um scan the latest chapters of the manga these days and I can sense it's near final end. It's just a bit sad cause the first time I encountered this anime it was really awesome and the best for me.. Anyway things like twists and revelations, great animation and never ending fight scenes still makes it interesting for some ^o^.