Kimi ni Todoke ♝

Written by: Karuho Shiina

Genre: Romantic Comedy, Slice of Life, Drama

Plot:

Sawako Kuronuma - dubbed Sadako by her classmates for her resemblance to the character from The Ring - has always been feared and misunderstood because of her appearance; rumors around school report that she can see ghosts and curse people. However, despite her ominous appearance, she is actually a sweet and timid girl who only longs to be able to make friends and be liked by everyone else. When her idol, the popular boy Kazehaya, begins talking with her, everything changes. She finds herself in a new world, making new friends and talking to different people, and she can't thank Kazehaya enough for giving her these opportunities. Slowly, but surely, a sweet love blossoms between the two as they overcome circumstances and obstacles that stand in their way.

Source: Wikipedia

Manga: Ongoing

Anime: Completed

Total Episodes: 25

➨ Sequel: Kimi ni Todoke 2nd Season

✔ Live-action film

Review:

Want some romantic anime? An anime that's so sweet and cute? You just have to try this. Warning; Highly Recommended!

Story: It's actually pretty unique. Instead of those perfect couples - like handsome and popular + gorgeous and popular couples, Sawako and Kazehaya are the total opposite. Just what is stated at the plot above, Sawako was mistaken as Sadako and for an unknown reason they are afraid of her. All people thought that Sawako can talk to ghosts, but she can't live to their expectations. The story follows Kazehaya and Sawako as they developed their feelings to each other - but seriously Sawako's really dense -_-.

Characters: Let's start with Sawako. Her name means "lively child" yet she's not that lively. She works hard to gain friends yet in return, they avoid her. Her life's pretty sad and lonely. But as the story goes, more characters seem to appreciate who Sawako really is. And one more thing, she's dense -_-. Kazehaya. I can only describe him in one wrod, he is really obvious. Haha, seriously I know Kazehaya already understands what he really felt about Sawako but he does not take it seriously and as a result it only makes him troubled and cute :D.

Sound: Just like all the opening songs of most anime I reviewed, I also love this one. It gives you a cool feeling and it suits the anime. Well known seiyuu voiced this anime's characters.

Art: Kimi ni Todoke's art reminds me of Bokura Ga Ita. I like it and it's not that ugly and old. It's really cute and .... cute :)