Hamatora ♝

Written by: Yukino Kitajima

Genre: Action, Mystery, Supernatural

Plot:

Both manga and anime take place in the year 2014. Select humans called Minimum Holder have been discovered to possess supernatural abilities. These people are trained in the Facultas Academy to develop their potential. The manga focuses on Nice, the top graduated from Facultas Academy who forms a detective agency called "Hamatora" alongside his assistant Hajime. The second top graduated from Facultas, Murasaki, is given the mission by his superiors to make Nice return to the academy. Realizing he will not be able to defeat Nice in combat, Murasaki decides to observe him to employ any methods to accomplish his mission.

During the anime, Murasaki has joined Nice and several others Minimum Holders to Hamatora now based in the Nowhere Café in Yokohama where they prefer to sit around all day with their friends and wait for clients. However, when they are approached by the Police Officer Art for their help in investigating a string of serial murders throughout the city, the duo reluctantly decide to involve themselves in the case when they learn of the murderer's sole target-Minimum Holders.

Source: Wikipedia

Manga: Ongoing

Anime: Completed

Total Episodes: 12

Sequel: Re: Hamatora

Review:

I was wondering why my nee-chan include this anime to her 'watching' list in her myanimelist account. I searched about it and I dind't really find it exciting and fun, though after my nee-chan forced me to watch this anime, I realized that my first impression was TOTALLY wrong. Wanna know why? Read this:

Story: The story revolves around two main characters who works as a detectives with superpowers. If your imaging superpowers like Superman, it is completely different. Their superpowers are called Minimum. It is really hard to explain but it is awesome :D

Characters: The characters are very promising. This two main characters also work together with more characters. They are in a group of people who have Minimum and use that power in detective work. Some character's minimum are already revealed though others are still to be introduced.

Art: Art? I like this anime's art. It is somehow unique and fits with the generation's "modern type" atmosphere.