Chapter 1

Just wanted to say that (Y/N) means your name, and (Y/EC) means your eye color. Hope you enjoy the story!!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Slenderman was taking his nightly walk around his forest, checking to make sure nothing was out of the ordinary. It was late at night, and there was a faint breeze blowing, just the way he liked it. Seeing nothing out of place, he turned to head back to his mansion. He abruptly stopped when he heard a faint cry. Curious, Slenderman followed the sound.

As he got closer, the cry's volume increased. He walked for a couple of minutes until he came upon a basket. He crouched down and reached his long arm toward the lid. Slenderman gasped as he saw the basket's contents. A small baby wrapped in a dirty black rag laid wailing inside. He reached inside the basket and lifted the crying bundle out of its confinement.

Slenderman looked the baby over and confirmed it to be a girl. She had little black hairs forming on her head. Her skin was a bleak, paper white tone, the same as his own. In place of fingernails, she had short, black claws. Her tiny lips were a dark, raven black color, just as her hair. She had small cuts and bruises littering her body in various places. What shocked him the most was the large gash that was still leaking blood right above her heart.

As he rocked her in a calm, swaying motion, the small bundle began to calm down. After a minute, all that was heard from her were silent whimpers. As her eyelids lifted, the deepest (Y/EC) eyes Slenderman had ever seen shown up at him. One of his long, black tentacles reached down and tickled the baby's stomach. She giggled, showing her tiny, sharp teeth.

Slenderman looked down at the basket and saw a note laying inside. He lifted it up with one of his tentacles and read:

'If someone finds this basket, take it. I tried raising that monster for a month, I really did, but that thing is a freak. I can't stand looking at it. It's insufferable. I can't take it any more. I tried stabbing it in the heart. I left it locked in a room for a week without any food or water. I tried throwing it off the roof. I even tried drowning it, but it just won't die. If you want it, take it. I don't care what you do with it. Just don't give it back to me.'

Slenderman growled, crumpling the letter in his tentacle. How could someone just leave this precious, beautiful, little baby girl, who was only a month old, alone out here with no one to protect and care for it? How could they abuse this baby that way?

She wasn't a freak, she wasn't a monster, not in his eyes. In his eyes, she was an angel. He wished he could find the writer of that note and tear them apart. Leaving cuts and bruises on this innocent baby was unacceptable. Trying to kill her was worthy of death.

He hadn't realized he was squeezing the baby until she began to whimper. He immediately loosened his grip and hugged her to his chest.

"I'm sorry, little one. I'm sorry that you have been mistreated. I won't let anyone else hurt you. Never again. I'll take you home and patch you up so you'll be just like new. I'll even adopt you as my own. Would you like that, little one?" Seeming to understand what Slenderman had said, the baby giggled. If Slenderman had mouth, he would be smiling.

Leaving the basket and note behind, Slenderman carried the bundle back to his mansion.

"I'll have to think of a name for you, little one. Hmmm...how about (Y/N)?" The baby's eyes lit up as she made a happy garbled noise.

"(Y/N) it shall be. You'll love it at the mansion, (Y/N). I promise you will. I will be the best father to you that I can. Don't worry about those cuts and bruises on you. Once I've fixed you up, you'll feel much better. I just hope we have some milk in the refrigerator. I'll have to go buy you some baby food. We'll get you some proper clothing too. I can't just let you suffer in this nasty rag. What kind of father would I be?" With all his ranting, Slenderman hadn't even realized they had made it back to the mansion.

"Welcome to your new home, little (Y/N). Time to get you settled in." With that, Slenderman walked onto the house's back porch, hoping to sneak in the back way so the others wouldn't frighten (Y/N). One of his tentacles grabbed onto the handle and pulled it open, a gust of wind hitting his face.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sorry that Laughing Jack wasn't in this chapter. I promise he'll be in the next one. Please review and tell me what you think. Hope you enjoy the chapter!!