Chapter 4

Just wanted to say that the picture above is not mine. I'm not sure who drew it, but it was not me. Hope you enjoy the chapter!!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It had been eleven years since Slenderman had introduced everyone to (Y/N), and they had taken to her instantly.

They simply loved (Y/N). She would always brighten their moods, no matter how bad of a day they had had. Everyone was ecstatic when she came home from her school everyday.

(Y/N) hadn't wanted to go in the beginning, but Slenderman had thought it best for her to learn about the human world. (Y/N) had begun to act like she enjoyed school, but Laughing Jack knew her secret.

(Y/N) had been bullied since she first arrived. Even though Slenderman had put a charm on her that made her look human, the kids still picked on her. They called her a freak and a goth because of the dark clothing she wore. Things only got worse as she grew older. They had started calling her the freaky, goth clown because of her love for carnivals that she had adapted from Jack.

Everyday when (Y/N) returned home from school, Laughing Jack would come into her room and make her fell better while she would tell him the events of her day. She would cry into his shoulder while he comforted her.

It was a Friday, and (Y/N) had just stepped through the doorway of the mansion. (Y/N) walked up to her room, threw her back pack in the corner, and put her shoes in her closet. Just as she was about to leave her room, Laughing Jack ran through the door and picked her up in a hug.

"(Y/N)! You're home! I missed you today!" Jack exclaimed, swinging her around. (Y/N) laughed.

"I missed you too, Jack, but would you mind putting me down? I'm getting nauseous."

"Oops. Sorry, (Y/N). So, you want to tell me how your day went?" Jack asked, setting them both down on her bed.

"Sure. Nothing good happened. I was picked on because of my clothes, they tried to pull my hair, and I was kicked in the shin. So yeah, not a very good day."

"Let me see your shin, (Y/N)," Jack said, crouching down in front of her.

(Y/N) lifted her leg up to him. Jack pulled the leg of her pants up, revealing her paper-white leg. He growled.

A huge bruise had formed from the bottom of her shin to the bottom of her knee. What made it worse was that (Y/N) scraped up a lot easier than normal people. She had the thinnest skin he had ever seen.

Jack got out the first aid kit and took out the ointment, squeezing a dab onto his claw. He carefully rubbed it over the wound.

He put the tube back into the kit, which he took into the restroom. When he returned, he bent down and kissed (Y/N)'s bruise, just as he had always done.

"Is that better, (Y/N)?" Jack asked, giving her a hug. She gladly returned the thoughtful gesture.

"Much better. Thanks, Jack. You always know how to make me feel better." Jack smiled.

xxx

A little while later, Laughing Jack was in the kitchen, grabbing a soda for (Y/N), when he heard two people talking in the living room. He leaned his ear closer to the door.

"You know, I've been thinking. (Y/N) is sixteen now, and she still hasn't gone out on a date. I think that might have to change," the voice, which Jack could tell was BEN, said.

"Are you serious? I don't think she'd go for you, BEN. I don't think you're her type." Laughing Jack could tell the other person was Eyeless Jack.

"I'm everybody's type, Jack. Besides, she'd probably go out with anybody who asked her. I doubt she's ever even been asked out."

"Why don't you think so?" Eyeless Jack asked.

"Well, I've seen a lot of better looking girls than her, and I'm sure other guys think so too."

"Then why do you want to be her boyfriend?"

"I never said I wanted to be her boyfriend, Jack," BEN smirked.

"What do you me- Oh, I think I know. Do you think she'd actually do 'that' with you?"

"Definitely. She probably doesn't even know anything about it, so it'd be easy to get in her pants."

Laughing Jack's claws scraped down the wall. How dare BEN talk about his little (Y/N) like that? Did he really have no respect for her?

"You can try, BEN. Tell me how it works out for you." With that, Laughing Jack heard BEN climbing the stairs.

In a frenzy, Laughing Jack quickly disappeared in a cloud of smoke and appeared in (Y/N)'s room. (Y/N) looked up at him from her bed.

"Hey, Jack. What are you doing in here?" (Y/N) asked as she sat up.

"You don't have to get up, (Y/N). I just wanted to check on you," Jack said, coming over to set beside her. Just then, a knock on (Y/N)'s door was heard.

"Who is it?" (Y/N) called.

"It's BEN. Can I come in?"

"Sure."

BEN came in with smug look on his face that immediately fell when he saw Laughing Jack.

"Hey, BEN. What do you need?" (Y/N) asked.

"Actually, I wanted to talk to you in private, if you're not busy."

"Alright, just give me a moment. I'll meet you out in the hall." BEN nodded, exiting her room.

"So, Jack, you said you wanted to check on me? Well, I'm fine. See?" (Y/N) lifted up her pants leg, revealing a nasty looking bruise.

"That doesn't look alright to me, (Y/N). I think you should take it easy. I have an idea. How about I bring your dinner up here, and we can watch a movie together?" Jack suggested.

"I'd like that, Jack. I'll be right back." As (Y/N) tried to stand up, her bruised leg wouldn't hold her up. She started falling to the floor when she felt Jack catch her.

"Here, I'll take you out there," Jack said, walking her to the hall where BEN was waiting. He leaned her against the wall and went back to her room.

"What did you need, BEN?" (Y/N) asked, leaning against the wall for support.

"Well, I wanted to know if you were free tonight. I was thinking maybe we could go out to dinner," BEN said, a smirk on his lips.

"I'm sorry, BEN, but Laughing Jack already offered to spend the night eating dinner and watching a movie with me." BEN frowned.

"Well, maybe another day," BEN suggested, trying to hide his unhappiness.

"Sure. I'll see you later, BEN." After (Y/N) called for Laughing Jack to come get her, and she had disappeared into her room, BEN was left in the hallway, glaring at her closed door.

'Laughing Jack may have her tonight,' BEN thought. 'but I can assure him of one thing. (Y/N) will be mine.'