𝓙𝓾𝓼𝓽 𝓶𝔂 𝓷𝓸𝓻𝓶𝓪𝓵 𝓵𝓲𝓯𝓮

As I lay down on the couch like I always do, 

I heard my aunt yell from a distance. This wasn't like her normal self yelling at me for stupid reasons or things I didn't even do. It was something else. She was yelling at herself! I guess she was drunk again as usual. Instead of rushing to the kitchen as a normal person does, I just laid down and enjoyed staring at my broken ceiling. It sounds fun, doesn't it? 

For those of you wondering- "why is your aunt yelling at you?" 
oh well, dear friend, it is a long story. 

So, my aunt didn't shut up and it was just too annoying, let me stare at the same old broken ceiling in peace.
I walked into the kitchen only to find her laying on the floor like trash. There was liquor all over the place and not gonna lie it stinks a lot still. I decided to keep quiet and see what was up with her this time.

She kept crying and cursing her boyfriend, or shall I say, ex-boyfriend. She was yelling continuously like a psychotic patient from a mental hospital. Turns out her 4th boyfriend of the week ditched her to go and find someone better and he also cheated on her. 

Don't worry this is normal in my life. My aunt just dates men for their money and when they find out and ditch her she takes out her bottle of vodka and drinks till she faints. This drama will last for a maximum of 2-3 days at least in this household. Let me tell you a fact about her, when all her boyfriends ditch her she drinks continuously for a day or an hour, stays in bed, doesn't shower, and does other heart-broken teenage girl things.

"Aunty you should probably stop drinking, it isn't good for you," I said. 
"callate mocoso feo aqui nadie te pregunta nada (Translation- Shut up you ugly brat no one is asking you anything here)" she answered. '

Her drinking problem gets out of hand sometimes, I still remember she was convicted for a week because she was driving a stolen car drunk, followed by a month of rehab but oh boy, she relapsed in the first 1 hour after getting back home. 

I thought she would have learned her lesson but I was too wrong, she was drinking more than before.  Sometimes I wish my life was a bit different. I want that normal life where a girl can trust her guardians with her safety. I want a life where the child is taken care of and not the child having to take care of the guardian. I want the life every girl has. 

I wish I never lived with my aunt in her cheap trashy apartment. 

The life I am living cannot be called a normal life by others but once you get used to it, it is all normal to you.

Well well well 

later that evening she vomited a lot 

THAT WAS DISGUSTING TO CLEAN 

I was having thoughts of just leaving this house and flying away somewhere else but where and how? 

Till I figure it out I think I shall go back to sleep again. 

I am not able to sleep though. I think that if I live in this house any longer I might die. 

My aunt is already as evil as she seems. Life in high school is already hard enough for me.

As my aunt is lazy and spends most of her days trying to fight against her hangover. So it is too obvious that she doesn't work. So, instead of spending the rest of my days like normal teenagers, I spend them working at a local Chipotle and Burger King working in order to afford rent and groceries. 

I am even failing my classes because I am not making submissions on time and stuff. 

I think it is better if my aunt would just behave normally FOR ONE DAY AND GO FIND A JOB FOR HERSELF. 

I can't change her.

I guess I should think more and sneak out tonight. Isn't that what teenagers do?

but I'm scared because it feels a bit risky you know. What if my aunt decides to wake up in between and comes into my room to ask me for something like last time?

Trust me it was a disaster,

I tried to sneak out to a friend's party when I was 14 once. My aunt didn't have custody of me as mom was still alive. My mom was not at home because of some emergency so, my aunt was in charge of me even though I was old enough to take care of myself. My mom was just paranoid that I would throw a party with boys, alcohol, etc...and trash the whole house. Well, it did sound stupid but it was acceptable. So, my aunt does her thing by drinking and smoking till around 8:00 o'clock. I thought she was knocked out till the next day. BIG MISTAKE. I snuck out at 8:30 pm to make sure she was all knocked out and to get ready. She woke up at 9:00 pm and that was the shortest time she was knocked out for. She was searching everywhere for me and gave me 10 MISSED CALLS! I got back at 1:00 in the morning and she didn't seem happy. She looked at me with anger and you guess what happened next. 

Even if I tried to sneak out where will I go?

I am thinking about the terrace in my complex it will be perfect because I can get back home very soon and I don't even have to worry. 

I hope my aunt doesn't find out.
I will pack up my bag, wear a hoodie (IT IS TOO COLD AT NIGHT), And read my favorite book.
Now I need to figure out how to get hold of the keys because I don't have them.
I think I shall ask the watchman if he has the keys to the terrace maybe I could sneak in that way...but what if that snitch tells my aunt?! I will be in big trouble well I guess I need to take the risk!
I went to the watchman to ask him if he had the keys to the terrace.
He looked at me in shock and asked- "who are you? I never saw you here."
Which was fair enough considering the fact that I don't get out of the house too often neither I have any friends who come visit me.
I look at him and say- "I am Lavinia...I live in flat no _ _ _ (I will not reveal my house no.) With Mrs.Anderson"
"Oh okay," he says as he was handing me the keys"
"Thank you," I said.
I walk towards the building when I felt like I had a headache. I ignored it but by the time I reached my apartment, it got worse. I didn't know what in the world caused it. I guess the smell of liquor gives me headaches. Like a few days ago while having a spring clean I felt a really sharp pain in my head. The closest thing I had inhaled (despite dust) was a lot of liquor which I think must have been coming from one of the carpets or bottles.

I rushed inside and took some medications and layed down on the couch going back to staring at the wall again. It is quite interesting now that I think of it.