𝓞𝓷 𝓣𝓱𝓮 𝓣𝓮𝓻𝓻𝓪𝓬𝓮

Well, I think I am too lost these days because I didn't even realize that my aunt's words (which I find utterly stupid) were hurting me. Trust me those knives were stabbed way too deep into my heart. 

I was sitting on the edge of the terrace of my apartment building taking deep breaths and overthinking those painful words..." am I that useless?"  Adults don't realize that the words they say cannot be taken back and can wound a child severely. 

On a dark starry night, listening to that lo-fi playlist I made a few years ago on repeat, overthinking, making up fake scenarios in my head about my funeral (like who will care, who will come, who will GENUINELY cry, and just idiotic things), snacking on a bag of chips in one sitting despite knowing that I will end up gaining a few pounds. IT WAS HEAVEN FOR ME. 

I was just chilling around when I heard the sound "THADAM" it was so loud that I almost fell off the edge. My heart was pounding loudly. I was so scared that I didn't even look behind me. I was almost amort. I was aphonic for a split second. My lips were murmuring, my hands were frozen, and my legs were cold as ice...I felt a sudden panic when a hand tapped on my shoulder. I felt like a total coward for not seeing that arcane figure."Get off that edge.NOW." said the figure in a serious tone. Judging by his voice I felt like the figure was a man but I don't know if it wasn't because people these days have too many genders to "Identify themselves". That person pulled me behind and then said- "Are you stupid or something lady?! What if you fell?!". I looked at him annoyed and then said- "Dude, it was your fault that I almost fell! Are you an idiot?! Who the hell scares someone like THAT at 11:00 pm?! I almost thought that you were a ghost who was pulling me towards hell!" the man looked at me and said, "you are crazy for real woman" with an annoyed face. 

"The name of this woman is Lavinia for your information" I growled 

"Oh, well Lasagne you are the craziest person I have seen" 

"Trust me, you won't find anyone crazier than me in your whole life" I smiled

He chuckled. Not gonna lie his laughter was kind of cute. 

I don't know how but, all of a sudden the moonlight struck right on his black hair and blue eyes. He looked so cute...OKAY CHILL LAV YOU NEED TO STOP FALLING IN LOVE WITH RANDOM STRANGERS.

"By the way, My name is Damien. It is a pleasure meeting you." He said as he smiled 

"It was nice meeting you" I replied as I continued staring at the stars.

"so, I see you are interested in staring at the stars uncontrollably," he said 

I guess I was engrossed in staring at those stars... 

"Ugh this is boring" he scoffed as he took a seat near me

He looked at me and asked, "may I interest you in a game of truths only?" I was confused, to be honest. I nodded my head signaling to him that I am fine with it.

"So...what are you doing here and how old are you?" he asked

"I thought it was one question only," I replied 

"Who said so?" he replied as he rolled his eyes

"well...okay so I am here just to escape from my drunk aunt. Trust me she is crazy when she drinks too much and I am 16." I said 

"16?! damn girl, you don't look 16" he said

"How old are you?" I asked

"I am 17" he replied

That was predictable. 

"well me next, and my question is...what are you doing here at midnight with a girl you just met and rescued?" I asked

"I was just hanging around here for a long time. You were so engrossed in your music and that depressing feeling that you didn't even notice that you were about to fall" he replied

"Why did you save me though? I am a stranger to you. What is the point of saving someone you know you won't meet again?" I questioned as I looked down

"It would have saved one life today" he replied as he sighed

"Are you okay?" I asked him

"No, You see today I lost my brother, Michael. He attempted suicide. When I read his letter I was shocked. He was being bullied at school by some gang for being "too weird". My brother was depressed these days and I didn't even notice. We had lost our mom in a car crash when we were just 7. It was hard enough for him to recover from that tragic incident. He ate his lunch alone in the bathroom. He had no friends. Even on his birthday...I remember he came back home from school covered in bruises and a purple eye. I didn't even notice because..." he paused.

"Because?" I questioned, 

"That's enough information for you-" he said

"I'm sorry," I said

"Sorry about what?" he asked angrily

"I'm sorry about what happened to your brother-" I answered.

"I think it's time for me to go. I shall go back home before my aunt finds out I snuck out." I said as I headed towards the exit.

"Well, I guess we won't meet again?" he asked

"I guess. Now bye." I said as I left.

That night I tried to sleep but I wasn't able to. I was thinking about Damien and his brother Michael.