Benny Rodriguez Ruins my Life

January 22, 2022Saturday

R O X A N N E
p o v

I never knew I could hate someone so much until I met Benny Rodriguez. It wasn't that he was extremely mean or overly rude. It was because he dared to steal everything that I loved. But first, let me explain how I met that asshole.

I woke up to the sound of the vacuum and kids running on the street. Sounds like a normal Saturday. Then a headache was already appearing before I could even get dressed. I hear my sister screaming and laughing with her friends. That's what caused it. Ugh. I take a big stretch and look for an outfit to wear. The time is 10:47, so I should be by the sandlot at 11:30. Looking through all my clothes and trying to get a nice outfit out of them. How can I have so many clothes yet no outfits? I finally found something decent to wear and will figure out how to play baseball with it.

(Just ignore the purse, wallet, chain and mask)

I run down the stairs and see my mom with the phone, vacuuming. She has a serious look on her face so I try to not make any noise. I look for a bowl and dump some cereal and milk into it.

"Hey, mom?" She looks at me with her eyes wide.

"I'm going to the Sandlot after I finish breakfast, ok?" I ask, trying to keep fear out of my voice.

"Ok." And she goes back to vacuuming the house. God that was scary. I finish my cereal and go back to my room to brush my teeth and brush my hair. I let my hair just stay down, I'll put it in a ponytail once I start playing. I grab my mitt and my bat and put on my LA Dodgers cap. It's my favourite one. Running back down the stairs I blast out of the door and start walking to the sandlot. The sun is blazing, so I take off my jacket and put it on my waist. At that moment I regretted even getting out of the house. Because that's where I saw him. The new boy was carrying boxes into the house beside mine.

New neighbours? That's my first thought. But oh was I so wrong, they're not new neighbours or friends. They're new nightmares. Especially Benny fucking Rodriguez.

I stop in my tracks and stand there dumbfounded. I then start walking slowly near the house and the new people. Suddenly this lady comes up to me and makes me jump back.

"Hey there! Are you lost?" Her eyes look me up and down while she has this cheesy smile on her face.

"Uh no... I live here," I point to my house, "I guess you guys are my neighbours." I put on a fake smile and extend my hand toward her.

"I'm Roxanne. What's your name..?"

"Vanessa! And that boy over there is my son Benny!" She points to the boy carrying the boxes and she looks back at me with a big smile. Benny is pretty tan and he looks like he has a nice build. He's wearing some jeans with a white shirt and an LA dodgers cap. Huh just like me... I smile at Vanessa and see that Benny is coming our way.

"Benny, say hi to our new neighbours!"

Benny looks at me, he has hazel eyes and a very nice face. But his lips are scrunched up and he looks pretty mad. I guess he's not taking the move well. He then looks at my mitt, and I put it behind my back. I feel embarrassed by his eyes just looking all around me. I feel like they're just looking at all my insecurities.

"Hi." That's all he says and goes back to the boxes. That asshole doesn't even have the decency to have a conversation? Ugh. I stand there like a little kid that just goes told that she can't play with a specific toy. Angry. Yep, just that made me angry. No, "Hello how are you?" Or, "Hi I'm your new neighbour!" Nothing! Just, "Hi." I was about to leave when his mom started yelling at him.

"Ah! No,no,no, venga aquí, no me agues castigarte te!" (Translation: Oh! No, no, no, come here, don't make me punish you!) Vanessa gives him a stern look and he scrunches his lips up more and rolls his eyes. A serious look on his face while he walks over.

"Ah, no sabia que hablaba Español! Yo también lo hablo." (Translation: Oh, I didn't know you spoke Spanish! I speak it too.) I tell her. Not many people know that I speak two languages. But I don't mind, I like surprising them with it.

Vanessa looks at me wide-eyed. I guess she wasn't expecting that from me. She stutters for a while but gets her words out at the end.

"You speak Spanish...?" She replies. Benny hears his mom say that and he looks at me, but with his eyes less serious but more shocked. I nod my head in agreement and give a thin smile. I start waking away slowly but still making eye contact with Benny.

"Uh so I have to go, but I'll see you two around!" I slap my hands together and start running as fast as I can to the sandlot. I don't even care if they think that was rude of me! I had to get out of that situation. God, the only thing I need right now is baseball and not Benny's eyes shooting at me.

See this is why I hate Benny Rodriguez. Right from the start, he was a dick, and it didn't get any better. Benny Rodriguez is the worst thing to ever happen to me! He's a total loser who decides to be mean to everyone else because he sucks! But he only takes it out on me which is even more messed up! God! I hate Benny Rodriguez and I wish I never met him! But on the contrary, he'll wish he never met me.