My Life gets even Worse

January 22, 2022Saturday

B E N N Y
pov

If you think leaving the place you have made memories of for 15 years is hard. Try imagining your new neighbours. The most interesting people to ever come into your life. Out of all of them, Roxanne Torres was the one who amazed me the most. That girl was full of surprises, and I loved it. But first, let me explain how I met her.

I was in the car with my mom and was getting pretty impatient. I wonder if we're almost there. The sun was high up and I felt like it was burning my face. I went to grab my phone and check the time. 10:47. Other than the time I didn't have any other notifications. No texts from Gwen... I hope she's ok... Gwen is my best friend since I was little, but I've started to grow some feelings for her. 15 years of being with her all the time can make me feel things, especially when she's the prettiest girl you've ever seen. God, she also had a killer personality, I mean the girl could make you laugh at anything. Even if you didn't want to. Gwen Hart was my girl, and nobody could replace her.

Gwenyth Hart
Nicknames: Gwen
Age: 15 years old. Birthday: September 19 2007
Siblings: None
Hobbies: Drawing, writing, roller skating, and telling jokes
Lives: Florida

 Birthday: September 19 2007Siblings: NoneHobbies: Drawing, writing, roller skating, and telling jokesLives: Florida

We finally arrived at the house. It was a light pink house with a nice green yard and lots of windows, beside it was a beige house with lots of windows and a small lawn. On the way here my mom told me that there was a sandlot. I look around and see it. I got out of the car and went to grab the boxes and move them into the house. I go to ask my mom which boxes I should move, but she's not in sight. I want to put away the boxes fast so that I can get to the sandlot fast. I'm eager to start playing baseball again.

"Mom..?" I look around and then see that she's talking to some girl. I ignore it and go back to carry the boxes. I hear them yell out my name and walk over to where my mom is. I look at the girl and she's wearing an LA Dodgers cap. Maybe she likes baseball.

"Benny say hi to our new neighbours!" My mom tells me in excitement. I walk over and look at the girl. She has brown hair and light brown eyes, her lips are pink and she's a little bit tan. She's pretty. I think to myself. I look around her and see that she has a baseball mitt. What... I look at it for a while but then she puts it behind her back.

"Hi." That's all I manage to say. Not even a, "How are you?" Or, "What's your name?" God, I'm so dumb. Usually, I make conversation with people, why didn't I do it with her? Stressing about that I quickly walked away and went back to the boxes. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw the girl scrunch up her lips and narrow her eyes. Oh, I so messed up. As if it couldn't get any worse my mom starts yelling at me to come back. I walk over again, with a serious face.

Then I hear someone speak Spanish. But it wasn't my mom. It was the girl?

"You speak Spanish?" My stampers out. I look at the girl with shock. My eyes widen and slightly open my mouth in surprise. She just slowly nods her head and walks away calmly.

She looks at me. I feel her eyes stare into my soul, they seem so beautiful. They have this aura that makes you just have to stare at them.

"Uh so I have to go, but I'll see you two around!" She then goes running away at a very fast pace. Her feet just barely touch the ground as she gains speed. She's fast. But I'm way faster. I look at her run and see that she's heading for the sandlot. The sandlot that I wanted to go to. Shit.

"Hey ma what're that girls name?" I ask.

"Roxanne. Her name is Roxanne." And to add to that she also says, "she's cute isn't she?" She raises her eyebrows and smiles at me.

"Ma, c'mon, we just met the girl," I whine.

"Ok, ok, ok, but she's cute, right?" God she never stops.

I think to myself about what she looked like. Her LA Dodgers cap, and her beautiful brown eyes. She was cute. Maybe cuter than Gwen, I don't know. But she couldn't replace Gwen, right?

"Sure she's cute," I tell my mom while moving some boxes.

"I saw that she was going to the sandlot, you should go. Maybe you can become friends with her!"

I look at the sandlot, I did want to go. But I had to help Ma with the boxes.

"Nah, it's fine I'll help you move the boxes."

"No! Go and have fun, I can move the box's myself!"

I smile at my mom and kiss her on the cheek and quickly grab my mitt and bat from one of the boxes. I start running to the sandlot, I wanted to see Roxanne again.

Roxanne Torres is the most interesting girl I've ever met. I hope to see her again, to see those eyes again...