A Peaceful Day.

As the day went on, Morpheus and Ophelia sat and talked and played . Her asking as many questions about her mother  as she could muster and him telling her as much as he could about the woman who gave him life. Ophelia climbed into his lap, playing with his coat. She hid behind it, re appearing when he pretended to not see her. Each time, she giggled, making him clutch his chest and pretend to look at her like she had just done a magic trick. Off to the side, Lucienne laughed.  She had never seen her master like this. He was enjoying himself. Laughing  with the small girl.  Ophelia had brought so much happiness to him. It pleased Lucienne to see the change in her master. 

He was still the Lord of Dreams and Nightmares, but when he was around his daughter, he was just her father. Ophelia stood up and turned around, opening her arms wide and tackling her father in a hug. Giggling as she had tackled him to the ground.  Morpheus laughed, blowing raspberries on the girl's stomach, causing her to laugh as he tickled her.   

Towards the end of the day,  Ophelia fell asleep in her father's arms. Morpheus rocked her gently as she slept, peppering her with kisses every once in a while. He carefully got to his feet , gently walking around with the slumbering child, humming a lullaby softly as he walked back to the palace with her. He had wrapped her up in his coat and held her close to him. She was one of the only people who's dreams he never entered. Her mind was her own place. If she had dreams, she would talk to him about it when she woke up.  She had quite the imagination. It always made him laugh and smile with how she made her own worlds and characters up. As they neared the Palace, Morpheus glanced down, smiling as he noticed that Ophelia had started drooling as she slept. He adjusted her so that she had her head on his shoulder. He rubbed her back as they walked in to the palace and up the long stair case that led to his throne.  He held her gently sat down  with her  as he sat on his throne, watching as she slept peacefully.  

Keeping her wrapped up in his cloak, he ran a hand through her hair. 

"You really should put her to bed, My Lord, " Lucienne suggested, walking in the hall. 

Morpheus didn't look at her. "In a bit," he said.  "I want to keep her close for now. "