A Father's Feelings

As the day wore on, Morpheus watched as the two most important people in his life  spent time together. He watched as his Wife fell more and more in love with the child that they had created together. Sitting next to them, he felt his own heart filling. Which meant that the heart break was going to hurt like hell when he and Ophelia left to go back to his Kingdom. He laid his head down on her lap  while Ophelia played  with her mother's hand. 

"Part of me does not want to leave here," Morpheus muttered quietly. 

"And part of me does not want you to leave,'' She admitted. "Put it would not be fair to our  Princess. She knows that she come and see me any time that she wishes. But The Lord of Dreams needs to be in his realm. It crumbled when you left before. "

Morpheus looked up at  her. "You need not remind me of what my duties are,'' he replied. "I am also a Father. I failed once before. I don't intend on doing so again. " His eyes shifted to Ophelia. "She means everything to me." 

"To me as well."

Morpheus turned so that he was laying on his stomach. Once he was on his stomach, he placed his elbows underneath him and lifted himself up ontop of them. When he was close enough, he pecked his Wife softly on the lips. Which she gladly returned. "I wish that things were different," she wisphered as the kiss broke. "That I could be with you in person. "

"As do I," he added with a touch of sadness creeping into his voice. "I always loath leaving here. I always leave a large part of my self  here. A part that I only get when I return. But when I leave here, my heart becomes shattered. I want to weep. To break. "

"But I cannot," he said as tears started to fall down his cheeks. "I have to remain strong for our Princess," he went on in a hushed tone as he wiped his eyes. Looking over at Ophelia, who was looking at him worriedly. 

"Are you ok, Daddy?" she asked him softly. Her tiny hand reaching over  for his.