Questions

Caroline let out a gasp as she broke away from Stiles's wrist,"It feels like I just had the Fourth of July in my mouth," She said, breathless.

"That's a new way I've heard it described," Stiles replied, pulling his sleeve down.

"How long do we have to keep this up?" Caroline asked, licking the remaining blood from her lips.

"The venom's almost completely out of your system," Stiles replied, sitting down in a chair,"As soon as it's gone you can leave."

Caroline nodded absentmindedly,"You never answered my question. Can you make it so my daughters don't have to go through the merge?"

Stiles sighed, looking at her with sympathy,"I have many powers. Severing soul links is not one of them. I'm really sorry."

Caroline nodded again,"Do you know anything that could?"

"I don't know, that's not actually my area of expertise," Stiles said,"If you need somebody killed I could do that."

Caroline looked at Stiles for a moment,"You remind me of Klaus."

Stiles went ridgid, his eyes starting to glow purple from the rage he felt,"Don't ever compare me to him," He growled.

"Why not? All you talk about is killing people and getting revenge and having a bunch of gruesome but empty threats."

"I would advise shutting up right now," Stiles said, the arms of the chair snapping.

"But the truth is it's all talk. You're actually covering up for some childhood trauma that you won't admit."

Stiles now had her against the wall, a hand at her throat, and when he spoke his voice was distorted, demonic, and she saw his canines sharpening into fangs,"You think you know me? I've been alive for a thousand years, girl. I didn't have a childhood, the second I was born I was forced to be something without a choice. I had to leave the only one that ever cared about me in this life in the hands of a monster...You think you know me? I knew everything about you just by looking at you."

Stiles disappeared, making her drop to the ground, coughing.

When he finally stopped running, he was on the roof of some random building.

"No, no, no," Stiles mumbled, seeing the black veins on his arms, tearing his shirt off he saw that they covered his entire torso.

Closing his eyes, Stiles took a deep breath in, and out, trying to calm himself.

Bracing both hands on the roof, he took another deep breath, his claws digging into the concrete.

His heart was missing, but he knew that in its hiding spot it pounded like a jackhammer.

"Don't do it, don't do it," Stiles repeated over and over again, feeling the power starting to rise to the surface, something that he had buried for so long but it still wanted out.

The veins disappeared and he let out a breath of relief.

"I had no idea you were this close," Addy said, appearing in front of him.

Stiles glared up at her.

"How long have you been holding it back?"

"It started about thirty years ago," Stiles answered,"October 10, 1992."

"And you just happen to know the exact date?"

"It was the day I left Japan," Stiles replied,"Kind of a memorable day then."

"I'm curious about the blonde vampire," Addy said as Stiles stood up, pulling his shirt back on,"You'd usually just let a vampire die. Doesn't matter if they're good or not."