Chapter 4

Anthony's POV:
I slammed my car's trunk shut and hopped into the driver's seat. Sitting next to me was a cold Colton. I never knew why I bullied him. Well, the truth was, I was jealous of his and Jace's friendship, especially as a kid and I guess I want in on it.

I've always been the bigger and stronger brother of us two and I used it, but it never turned out to be much help. I glanced over and saw Colton looking little uneasy and he was rubbing his chest.

"Hey, you ok?" I asked

He just slightly shook his head and sighed.

"Why are you rubbing your chest like that? Does it hurt?"

"Yea..." he meekly replied.

"What happened?"

"Uhm... two guys... wait, why do you care?" He asked, suddenly ticked off.

"Because!" I snapped, calming myself down quickly, "because I care. Now tell me."

"OK fine... two guys who I assume are your friends kicked me in the chest really hard. And it's sore..." he mumbled.

"Jesus, fucking Rex and Bryce. I'm gonna talk to them about not touching you again."

Colton's POV:
"Can I ask why you care so much about me now?"

"Because... because I'm sorry. The only reason I really ever teased you is because I was jealous of you and Jace's friendship."

We got to a red light and he turned and faced me, with a little tear forming in his eye.

"I just wanted to be friends with you and be a better brother."

He looked ahead at the road and sniffed. Apart of me wanted to ask if he was crying, but I didn't want to stir the pot.

I extended my hand out and patted his back. He turned to me and smiled a little. The rest of the drive was basically silent and he finally pulled in front of my house.

I grabbed my stuff, thanked him, and unbuckled my seat belt, but before I could step out, I felt a strong arm grab me.

"Hey," Anthony said, "Could I uhm, get your number and Snap?"

"S-sure," I replied.

After we exchanged info, I shut the door and walked back inside. To m surprise, I glanced down at my phone and saw a SnapChat notification from Anthony.

*******SATURDAY AFTERNOON********

Colton's POV:
It was about 4 p.m, and I was chilling in my room watching some movies on my iPad, when I got a text from Anthony.

Hey bud, I was wondering if you'd like to hang out later tonight? Maybe a movie at my place or smth?

My heart skipped a beat, and I hesitated in my response for a few minutes, then decided to message him back.

Sure, what time?
Maybe like 6?
Ok sounds good, I'll ask my parents.

~~5:30 p.m.

I got myself ready, and decided to wear something simple and comfortable: a black crewneck sweater, with my white cotton shorts and some white shoes and  yellow socks. I drove over to his house and got there around 5:50.

I knocked on the door and Anthony answered. He was wearing a white tank top and short shorts. His brown hair was kinda very fluffy and poofy.

"Hey, thanks for comin'."
"Yea man, of course! Where's Jace?"
"Ah, he went out to see his girlfriend, he's spending the night there."
"Ooh is he dating Maya Richards?"
"Mhm... anyway, cmon in!"

I walked inside and I noticed his parents were gone as well. I didn't mind tho, strangely, I felt safe alone with him despite our history. I noticed 2 big boxes of pizza sitting on the kitchen counter.

Anthony grabbed one, and I did the same. He opened the door to the basement and he headed down there. He plopped his big butt down on the sofa and patted the spot next to him. I hesitated and sat down gently next to him with the pizza box in my hand.

"Hmm... it's still a little early. Do you wanna go play some ping pong?"
"Sure!" I replied enthusiastically, even though I didn't know shit about the game

We played ping pong for about an hour and then we decided to turn off all the lights and start our movie and dinner. He chose a scary movie and I already had my regrets.

"Hey um, fair warning. I'm not good with horror so..."
"Oh uhm, do you wanna watch something else?"
"N-no its ok! I was just advising you."
"Ah OK buddy."

The movie started and about an hour in we finished our food and he got us some candy. And so far it was going really well....

Anthony's POV:
So far, our little date had gone well, and he hadn't freaked out too much yet in the movie. Until now. There was a really big jumpscare and Colton shrieked and jumped towards me.

Poor baby, I thought. I decided to scoop him up in my arms and place him on my lap. He looked up blushing and embarrassed.

"H-hey I uh... uhm w-what whyd you d-do that?" He sputtered.
"Well I dunno man, you seem pretty darn spooked... Would you like me to let go?"
"N-no," he blurted, "I mean!"

Colton's POV:
I found my self, in my enemy's lap, with his arms around my waist, sitting on his beefy thighs. I felt so much better there. I glanced at him and found him staring deep into my eyes with his pretty hazel ones. He gave me a big goofy grin and his eyes beamed at me.

I sat there curled up on his lap and about 30 minutes later, I felt sleepy. I tried staying awake, but I started dozing off and I felt my head hit his chest. I buried my head against his chest and snuggled into his big arms. I took in the heavy scent of musk and sweat. Most people think its gross, but i kinda like it. He always smelled so good, like, like boy I guess! He chuckled a little and held me tighter, and that's when I dozed off to sleep....

ShynessOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara