04

There she was. Posing to the camera. Wearing a red bikini as she sat on the large rock in the sea, too focused on the camera and the instructions shouted by the cameraman to even focus on anything else.

Rowan stood to the side, keeping an eye out for any suspicious behaviour.

"We'll be taking a break for 15 minutes," the photographer said. Seeing people walking around, the cameraman talking to Emily as she nods at him.

Seeing how serious she is when taking her job. Her brows knitted together and her chocolate eyes stern. Rowan started to walk towards her as someone bumped his shoulder, rushing past and shouting 'sorry'.

None of it affected Rowan as he kept an eye on the girl that seems to be too shy around him. Not paying attention to their surroundings.

The way she fiddles with the ring on her index finger, or how she stumbles on her words. She barely can keep eye contact with him. This all seemed interesting to Rowan.

Once Emily finished talking to the cameraman, she turned to face the tall male, seeing the seriousness in her eyes gently fade away and her shyness almost exposed just through her dark orbs. She looked like she was trying to cover up slightly under his view. Crossing her arms against her breasts.

With his hands in his pockets, he kept up the usual cold gaze around her. Trying to stay distant after the moment in the shop.

Number one rule: Don't fall for a client.

Emily opened her mouth to speak before someone shouted for her, grabbing her attention.

"Emily! It's time to change your clothes!"

She glanced at him as he just stood there looking at her, tilting his head to the side as she cleared her throat, clearly nervous under his stare.
"I should get going," she mumbled softly before jogging past him. The soft sounds of the waves crashing in the background getting further away as she left footprints in the sand.

She felt odd under his presence and he could clearly see that for himself. The interaction between the two isn't exactly the usual business behaviour he's used to.

Rowan walked right behind Emily, scanning the beach around them.

"You don't have to follow me to the changing rooms, Rowan." she spoke, glancing over her shoulder at him.

She caught him glaring at a guy eyeing Emily for a second before he looked at Emily. His face stone cold.

"It's my job to keep you safe and make sure you're okay. You can't really get rid of me." he responded, standing right beside the door to her small changing room.

Emily's fingers graze along the doorknob, her hair dancing against the wind while looking up at Rowan as she felt her cheeks heat up at the thought of him being inside the changing room. But it seemed that he could read her mind, speaking up once more.

"I won't peek or go in while you change, that's invasion of privacy and quite inappropriate."

Emily gave a small nod, feeling a little stupid to believe he would go in with her.

Of course he wouldn't.

"Come on, Emily! Let's get you changed!"

She came back to reality before twisting the doorknob and rushed in, shutting the door behind her. Rowan let out a small breath once she was out of sight.

The thought of her crossed his mind. Her curves against the red bikini. The way the red makes her brown chocolate orbs stick out. Her curly blonde hair shining brightly under the sun. She looked like a true angel. He snarled and shook his head slightly to himself. Repeating the first rule to himself.

Number one rule: Don't fall for a client.

Suddenly his phone rang, not glancing at the number as he picked up. Placing the phone against his ear.

"Marshall speaking."

The voice on the other line started to speak as he clenches his fist around the phone slightly, surprising that it doesn't break.

"Send me the letter. Now."

—————————

The letter is placed on the table as Rowan scans the letter. Seeing only a few words written on it.

"You never told me you have a boyfriend, Emily. I thought we would work."

Rowan's jaw tenses at the words followed with a photo from them leaving the store with bags of groceries in Rowan's hands while Emily walks beside him with her head low. Another photo being Rowan and Emily sitting in a cafe, her drinking her usual latte while he was drinking black coffee.

He raised his head and looked at the manager.
"She can't see this, it'll stress her out." Rowan's eyebrows knitted as he felt anger boil inside him.

You protect her cause it's your job. No more.

"If you think it's best not to, but you need to be careful. You are responsible in keeping Miss Addison safe."
"Yes, I know." He replied. His voice unusually calm but the blood in his veins kept rushing.

He wanted to find the culprit. He wanted to find the person responsible.

"If I ever find who is responsible. I'll put him six feet under." he muttered lowly. The grip on the paper caused it to crinkle under his grasp before he let it go and placed his hands in his pockets. Ignoring the surprised look from the manager as he walked out of the room, not bothering to look behind him.

His only job now was to go back to Emily's house. And make sure she stays safe under his protection.