Sneaking out

"If she'd just get rid of that cat, I'd speak to her again!" Ron snarled. "But she's still sticking up for it! It's a maniac, and she won't hear a word against it!" as soon as the words left his mouth Jade stood aiming to kick his ass, but was held back by Harry who stood in her way. "Ah, well, people can be a bit stupid abou' their pets," said Hagrid wisely. That caused Jade to turn her attention to Hagrid and glare at him, but remain silent as she couldn't deny that even she could be pretty stupid when it came to protecting animals, especially ones she cares about. 

Behind him, Buckbeak spat a few ferret bones onto Hagrid's pillow. Harry, Ron, and Hagrid spent the rest of their visit discussing Gryffindor's improved chances for the Quidditch Cup. While Jade spent the time feeding the Hippogriff, despite being grossed out by the fact it was eating ferrets. At nine o'clock, Hagrid walked the three of them back up to the castle. 

~The next day~

A large group of people was bunched around the bulletin board when she returned to the Slytherin common room after breakfast. "Hogsmeade, next weekend!" said Daphnee, looking over a few heads in front of her. "You going Jade?" she asked quietly as she turned to Jade. "What do you mean? I can't go, Mr. Malfoy didn't sign-" "Don't play dumb." Draco whispered while smirking at her. "I noticed you left since you took Kit with you. Plus Professor Snape told father." Jade's face went white as a ghost. 

"Wha- How?" Jade said stumbling for words. "If I had to guess... probably your thoughts... dad says he's better at Legilimency than anyone  he's met." Draco told her. "I thought Dumbledore was the only teacher... er well headmaster... who could do that." Daphnee and Draco both shook their heads. "Hmm. As for Hogsmeade... I haven't decided if I'm going or not yet." She then left the common room and walked up to the library where she heard a voice yell;  "Harry!" said a voice to her left. 

Jade looked around till her eyes landed on Hermione, who was sitting at a table to her immediate left behind a wall of books that had hid her well. Then as she began looking her eyes landed on Harry and Ron, who were three feet away from Hermione on her right. Neither spotted Jade since their backs were facing her. "Harry, if you go into Hogsmeade again... I'll tell Professor McGonagall about that map!" said Hermione. "Can you hear someone talking, Harry?" growled Ron, not looking at Hermione. 

'Just listen to her, you idiot... she probably has a good reason... and I can think of at least three possibilities.' Jade thought to herself crossing her arms over her chest. "Ron, how can you let him go with you? After what Sirius Black nearly did to you! I mean it, I'll tell..." "So now you're trying to get Harry expelled!" said Ron furiously. That's when she finally stepped in and smacked him on the back of his head. "No, she's trying to protect him from that possibility or worse," Jade growled out.

"What's worse than getting expelled?" Ron retorted. "Hmm? Oh... I don't know... but I believe death would be one." She said in a sarcastic tone. "I know... I for one wouldn't want to die before I've gotten married or had children." Ron then chose to ignore her and looked back at Hermione. "Haven't you done enough damage this year?" Hermione opened her mouth to respond, but with a soft hiss, Crookshanks leapt onto her lap. 

Hermione took one frightened look at the expression on Ron's face, gathered up Crookshanks, and hurried away toward the girls' dormitories. "So how about it?" Ron said to Harry as though there had been no interruption. "Harry, I'm not going to stay here long enough to hear that answer, but just don't do something stupid ok?" and with that Jade left to find Hermione.

~~with Harry~~

"Come on, last time we went you didn't see anything. You haven't even been inside Zonko's yet!" Harry looked around to check that Hermione and Jade were well out of earshot. "Okay," he said. "But I'm taking the Invisibility Cloak this time." On Saturday morning, Harry packed his Invisibility Cloak in his bag, slipped the Marauder's Map into his pocket, and went down to breakfast with everyone else.