chapter one: reunited

Eddie~
I push through the crowd of people, to finally see Robin and Nancy sitting at a table. "Eddie! You're here!" Robin exclaims, giving me a nod towards the empty chair next to her. "Oh! He's on! Look!" Nancy points to the stage. A light focuses on a tall figure, sitting on a stool. They're holding a guitar.

"Hey, everyone. My name is Steve.. Steve Harrington. I'm gonna play a song I've been working on. It's called 'Here we go again'." The light finally reveals his face, along with his infamous hair. He has this giant smile plastered on his face, and these round glasses. "Steve? He plays..?" I ask, quietly, not taking my eyes off of him.

"Oh, yeah. He's been doing this ever since... well, y'know." Robin explains. After we beat Vecna, we all just kind of went our own ways. Everyone stayed in Hawkins, but we stopped talking. I started working harder in school, and barely graduated, but it counts for something. Nancy suggested that we all meet up, so that's the whole reason I'm here. "Is he any good-" and just like that, he started to sing.

I can feel my heart racing. I don't even know why. Before I know it, I'm taping my finger on the table, to the beat. I didn't even realize he was done, until Robin started shaking me. "What?" I ask, looking over at her. "You still have a crush on him?" I give her a glare, then turn back to look at him. "No! I don't... Plus, he's straight. Like, really, incredibly, straight." Nancy looks over at me.

"You could try. I thought I was straight, too. You will regret it if you end up not telling him, though." She responds.

"She does have a point, Eddie. You'll never know if you don't tell him." Nancy sips some of her drink then looks back at me. "Go for it." Steve walks up to our table and sits down. "Eddie! Hey, man. How're you doing?" He asks. "Oh, how nice of you to ask, Harrington. I'm doing fine, thank you. And yourself?" I ask, sarcastically. "I'm good. What'd you guys think of the song?" He smiles.

"You've really out done yourself, Steve." Nancy says. "Did you hear that girl in the audience? She asked me to marry h-" "I'm gonna go get a drink." I reply, standing up. I walk to the bathroom shut the door. I look in the mirror. Get it together, Eddie. It's been a year. You need to get him out of your brain. Mo- "Munson? You in there?" Steve asks through the door.

What do I do? Shut up, Eddie.

"Yeah," I stare at the door for a few seconds, trying to make sure he walked away. "Are you okay? You seem.. different." Different? What's that supposed to mean? "It's been a year. Was I supposed to stay the same, Steve?" I hear a sigh.

"No, that's not what I meant. You don't seem like yourself. Like, something's bothering you. I've uh.. been seeing this.... counselor. Obviously she doesn't know about the upside down or anything, but it helps. Talking to someone. I can give you her number if you want." A therapist?

"Look, Steve, just because I've changed a little, doesn't mean I need a therapist. I'm fine. Now, can you just go back to the table? I'll be out in a second." I didn't mean to snap. I guess I'm just stressed. But I have nothing to be stressed about? This is so confusing, and it's all because a stupid, stupid, crush.

Steve~
I sit back down, staring at Eddie's empty chair. I was just trying to help him. I thought that might've been why he was acting so weird. Maybe he's right. Maybe he has changed. "Do you two know why Munson's upset?" Robin looks up and smiles. "It's because he has a cr-" "A car! Wait, that doesn't make sense. Robin, don't. He would murder like... both of us." They're both drunk.

Great.

Now, I have to take them home. Eddie sits back down, and looks over at Robin. "Do you both need a ride home?" He asks. "No, I'm good. Woah... Nance is that an elephant?" Robin asks, looking at a box behind a table. "It kind of looks like one." Eddie stands up, and helps Robin and Nancy stand up. "Woah! The room is spinning!" Robin exclaims, laughing.

I help Robin walk out to my car. "Are you taking them both?" Eddie asks, picking Nancy up, bridal-style. "Yeah, I might as well. I'll just let them sleep at my house." We buckle both Nancy and Robin up in the backseat. Eddie turns to walk away.

"Do you want to.. come with? It would be nice to have some help." He turns around and nods, getting into the passenger seat. Soon enough, both of the girls are asleep in the backseat. I start driving to my house. "So, whatcha been up to?" I ask, trying to make conversation.

"Not as much as you have been up to, Stevie. Just the usual, Hellfire, and some gigs here and there."  I glance over at him. His long hair is flowing in the night wind from his window being down. "Where do you usually have gigs at?" I ask. "That old bar down the street. With my band, Corroded Coffin." I never knew he was in a band. "Weren't you guys in the paper a few weeks back? You got signed by a manager?" I hear a quiet sigh.

"Almost. They decided last minute that we weren't good enough to invest in." He explains. "Damn. That sucks. Well, obviously they haven't met you." He goes quiet. "What do you uh.. mean?" Eddie asks.

"When you played your guitar to distract the bats? You can't tell me that wasn't cool. Y'know, you're the reason I actually started playing guitar in the first place." I blurt out, without even thinking for a second.

"I inspired King Steve? That, ladies and gentlemen, is a shocker! Eddie 'the freak' Munson inspired the King of Hawkins, Steve Harrington, to start music!" I laugh under my breath.

"I've uh.. never told anyone that. Not even Robin." I admit. My face feels hot. "Not even Robin? Second shocker of the night! Steve-O, is on a roll!" I smile.

A/N: hey readers! and just like that, my motivation is back! yes, yes, i know it's an ENTIRE different storyline, but i think it's better. much love♥️
words ~ 1090