Chapter Forty - Six

TW: Abuse mentioned

"They'll love you." Jaden told his worried girlfriend.  "They already love you just from what I've told them over the phone."

Faith stared at him.  "You say that, but I've never met parents before.  Or even had a boyfriend before.  This is a total game changer and I want them to like me."  She ranted, fidgeting with the sleeves of her black cardigan. 

Jaden rolled his eyes, but smiled fondly.  "You do realize that my parents are regular people, right?  Like not to compare or anything, but I had to meet Luke Bryan and Hunter King, so if anything, I had it worse."  He justified. 

Faith gasped.  "That's so not fair!  We weren't even dating then!"  She said, exasperated. 

Before Jaden could respond, the door in front of them opened.  "Are you two going to keep bickering like an old married couple or can I meet my future daughter - in - law?"  Amy Hossler questioned, standing in the door way of her house in Chattanooga, Tennessee. 

The couple left Los Angeles this morning to visit Jaden's parents after his birthday.  It was two days after the twenty - one year old's birthday and Faith had spent yesterday recording the first song in her album.  Jaden and Nessa had spent the day with her in case she needed help or a break from the subject matter.  She was planning to continue recording for her album once she got back. 

Faith gulped and gripped Jaden's hand tightly.  Jaden was blushing from his mother's comment, but also had a bright smile at seeing his mother.  He let go of Faith's hand to hug his mom tightly.  "Hey Mom."  He whispered in her ear, when she hugged him back.

"Hi, honey.  I'm so glad you came!"  She told him, pulling away. 

Jaden steps back and rests his hand on Faith's lower back.  "Mom, this is Faith, my girlfriend."  He introduces.

Faith steps forward and smiles, not sure if she should hug her or not.  "Hi, Mrs. Hossler.  It's nice to meet you."  She says, shyly.

Amy pulls the young girl into a warm hug.  "It's so nice to finally meet you as well.  Now, none of that 'Mrs. Hossler' business, you can call me Amy."  She told Faith, sternly. 

"Yes, ma'am."  She said, politely, her accent coming out sharply. 

Amy looks at her son with a pleased expression.  "And she has manners.  Definitely a keeper."  She told him. "Now please, come in!" She added, moving so the two young adults could walk into the house.

Once inside, Jaden set their suitcases by the staircase that led to the second floor, before hugging his father, who stood in the kitchen.  "Are you getting taller?"  His father, John, asked jokingly. 

Jaden laughed, reaching his hand behind him so Faith could hold his hand again.  "Or you're just shrinking, old man."  He jokes back. 

John puts his hand to his heart.  "Oh you've wounded me!  Did you hear that honey?  He just called me old!" 

Amy rolled her eyes as she walked into the kitchen.  "Oh hush, you big baby."  She tells him.  She walked over to the refrigerator, "Would either of y'all like something to drink or eat?  It's about lunchtime."  She asked the two young adults. 

Jaden looked at Faith, as she was standing slightly behind him.  "Do you want some water, sweetheart?"  He asked, knowing she wouldn't be able to eat until her anxiety simmered down. 

Faith nodded with a small smile.  "Thank you."  She said quietly, but loud enough for Jaden's mother to hear her. 

"Of course, Sweetie."  She replied, digging through the cabinets for a glass.