Chapter 2: Diary

Thursday, May 12, 2000

Dear Diary,

...I met this boy and he seemed really nice. His name is Alexander...

"Isn't she an angel?" Maryland, Michelle's mother asks Grant.

"Yeah," Grant chuckles. "If I remember...your daughter is quite smart, isn't she?"

"Oh! She really is. I mean she's reading novels already! Can you believe that?"

"Really? Thought she'd still be reading picture books."

Michelle's fourth birthday is today. It is at this age she'd meet her genuine first friend. Rosemeyer at this time was quite quiet. 

Little to what feels like no one populated the countryside. Only places like Artemis's two major cities, and the village by the snowy mountains of Mount Yeti were the most common places. As if other people even mattered though, as a young boy next to Grant was told to introduce himself.

"Go on." Grant told his son. "Introduce yourself."

"I'm-" the son stuttered. "I'm- Alexander Helmer."

"Hi Alexander!" Michelle greets. "I'm Michelle Ozanne!"

"Hahaha," Robert, Michelle's father, laughed. "Who would've thought that all of a sudden we'd have prodigies in our house?"

We talked a bit, he then mentioned that he didn't have a mama. I was able to comfort him and make him feel happy again.

Wednesday, June 15, 2000

Papa and Alex's papa and a friend were enlisted to go to what they call a "War", a big fight where good guys fight the bad guys. And until they come back Alex will be living with me and my family!

Rosemeyer, Artemis, August 13, 2005, 12:50PM

Dear Diary,

Dad and Grant are finally back home! But Grant looked so sad...he then took Alexander home. Jeremy, Grant's friend, left. Alexander looked so happy with his father. 

 He would still come and visit me every once and a while. I've got a new goal now. I want to become a writer! I've read so many books and have been learning so much and have been inviting Alex over to write plots for certain stories!

Rosemeyer, Artemis, December 23, 2011, 04:30PM

Dear Diary,

These past 6 years have been so strange, and Alexander has been acting so strange ever since his father had come back from the war. He would always act so nervous everytime I asked him about how his father is doing. 

 One day, I saw him come with bruises. I asked him what happened, and he looked at himself and looked so scared. He tried to move, I stopped him, but he said that nothing happened, he then walked away...

Rosemeyer, Artemis, December 24, 2011, 07:36PM

I found out the truth, Alex told me in the morning. Apparently, it turned out, his father had been going out and getting himself drunk, and he's been doing this ever since he came back from the war. Alex explained that he lost so many friends that he couldn't keep his sanity together. 

 Mr. Grant would even beat up his own son, I was led to believe that those bruises from yesterday were the result of his recent beating. I told my parents and they went to Mr. Grant's house. They told him that they knew about the situation, but didn't tell him how, they didn't want him to hurt his own son again or come after me.