Chapter 6: Eerie Reunion

Gloria City, Artemis, April 27 2012, 02:00 Hours

Antonella woke up rather quickly.

"What the...?" she said, then put her hand to her head. "Ah... My head..."

She felt a huge amount of pain surge into her leg. Grabbing her leg, it suddenly started to bleed again. It seeped straight through the bandage, seeing that a bullet had grazed it.

"Well, if it isn't Antonella," chuckled a familiar voice.

Antonella's eyes looked up. Oh no... No... No no no! Antonella thought. Eyes widened, she saw Tango himself. A chill shatters down her spine; Her mouth slightly opens.

"What are you scared of?" Tango asked. "Shouldn't you be grateful that you were spared by Shatterer?"

"Well..." Antonella stutters. "...I-I'd rather have die right then and there instead of seeing you here right now!"

Tango smacks Antonella by the cheek. It left a red handprint on her face, already stinging and yet feeling numb simultaneously.

"Now since when were you allowed to talk back to me?" Tango asks. "Quite selfish too, thinking you'd rather die right in front of your best friend, Moonlight."

Antonella breaks eye contact away from him. He's right...would death even lead to anywhere?

"Look at me." Tango ordered. "Okay. Well, I have something to ask you. And you better be honest here. Someone has gotten involved with you during this time, hasn't it?"

"N-No," Antonella replies.

Tango then points the gun at her.

"You're lying to me, aren't you?" Tango says. "Now...spit out the truth that I want to hear, or I'll make you spit out your own blood! Which would you prefer?"

Antonella hesitates. Her heart beats faster, wanting to run away.

"H-His name is." Antonella paused. "Mr. Backoff...that was the person I was with."

Tango looks, and gives off a sinister death stare.

"I'm getting tired of lies." Tango growled. "But no matter what, you will follow my orders. If that's the case, here's my order for you...kill him...disobey and try to escape again, and you shall be punished...severely. You will be watched, so don't even bother..."

Tango then left. She was to be kept on watch by gunmen alongside Shatterer. What should I do? What should I do? She hoped that someone would come to her aid soon.

Gloria City, Artemis, April 27 2012, 06:25 Hours

Alexander then headed to the hotel to visit Michelle. He found her in her apartment.

"So," he said. "How's training been?"

"Stressful, but I'll get over it," Michelle replied. "I'm able to heal at least a few wounds. How about you and Antonella?"

"I've learned a few things about her. For example, she-"

Suddenly, Alexander heard his phone ringing.

"How convenient," Alexander sighed.

He picked up it, followed by a calm, yet panicked voice.

"Alexander, are you there?" she asked.

"Y-Yes. I'm here," Alexander answered. "What's going on?"

"I-I haven't seen Antonella in almost a whole day. I've searched everywhere, but she's nowhere to be seen."

Midnight Doomsdayजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें