Chapter 4: Search

Danver Harbor, Artemis, April 24, 2012, 12:00 Hours

A new chapter has begun for the two of them. Every tree and grassland industrializes as more factories are spotted behind the train's glass. Suddenly, the wheels grind on the tracks.

Danver Harbor, Artemis, April 24, 2012, 12:32 Hours

"General," Alexander called as the door was left open. "It's me, Alexander."

"Oh, hello Young Helmer," Townsend greets. "I'm surprised you're back and- Michelle. Well, it's been a long time since I've seen you."

"Yeah," Michelle replies. "Hello, General Townsend."

"So what are you two here for? Come inside."

The two head inside the weaponsmith business, now crowded as people look and buy weapons. Finding their way upstairs, they head to the General's private office.

"Okay so I'll ask again," General Townsend begins. "What brings the two of you here?"

"We've come here to talk about where we can find a Restoration instructor," Alexander responds.

"Hold on you two. Did the two of you end up gaining Combat Forms?"

"Yes," Michelle replied. "Alexander is now a Wrath user, and as he said before, I'm now a healer."

"I see. But why are you now having combat forms? You've lived your entire lives without them..."

"Well," Alexander responds. "It's-It's about the Gambler Party..."

A pause settles in as General Townsend thinks of an answer.

"So they did catch up to the two of you, didn't they?" he states.

Michelle looks down, appearing uneasy.

"What's wrong, Michelle?" he asks.

"Yeah," Alexander replied. "She's going through something right now..."

"I apologize for what happened. Mr. Ozanne was a good man after all..."

"We'll find them, someday. Anyway, we're going to need someone who could teach Michelle how to use Restoration."

"I might know someone. A nurse. A Restoration expert." he stated, then warned, "However, she'd be located in a very dangerous environment, Gloria City. That's where you'll be going."

Jeremy then got up and headed to a closet in his room. He came back with a long and thin box. He set it down. The box was made of wood. It had a bit of a dragon-themed carving on the bottom. On the top, it had the carved face of a lion. Townsend then took out a key.

"Gosh," said Townsend as he used the key to open the box, "it has been five years since I last used these, I'd just take them out and wash them."

The box opened. It showed two blades. They both had a small blade that was about an eighth of its length from the hilt.

For two years, Alexander had no idea what that key unlocked, now, he got his answer. Because the only answer he'd get from Townsend was "That's a secret." or "I'll tell you when you're older." Alexander tried to one time take it from his belt one day, and he earned a training-all-day-literally privilege.

"So this is what that key unlocks?" he asked.

"Yes." replied Townsend, "These are the same blades me and your father used back in the Artemisian and Shangolian War. We each had a sword, we were called the 'Twin Blades of Victory.' Your father will be so mad the minute he finds out that I took his sword."