Levi x Reader

I've dealt with titans before, it became a way of life.  There were no surprises, no other options.  It was kill until you're killed.  I fear them like any sane person would but I've learned to bury that feeling and run on adrenaline to handle the problem, not freeze up or cower.  However, these days it was becoming harder not to give up. 

I scanned the surplus of titans around us, once again amazed at how quickly they can approach and surround us.  This mission was supposed to be a quick scouting venture near the breach of wall Maria in the Shiganshina District.  We were to get in and out without any casualties, getting some insight for how many titans were in the vicinity.  The "no casualties" rule was going to be hard to follow though. 

"We're completely surrounded sir, what do we do now Captain?"  My head swiveled towards the voice of one of the soldiers.  The question had been directed at me but I was not normally the captain of this squad.  My position was a fill in when the true captain was busy, missing or dead, I didn't know which case this one was. 

"Damn you Captain Levi," I muttered to myself as my head reeled to create a plan.  Of course he ran off again.  He was probably off playing hero, trying to live up to his title as "humanity's strongest", leaving the squad to my hesitant leadership.  Scanning our surroundings, a plan formed in my brain, slowly of course but it was there. 

"Alright listen up!" I shouted, everyone's attention landing on me.  I saw the fear in their eyes, the desperate need for guidance.  Remind myself to kill Levi later.  "We're splitting up into groups of three to ensure safety.  Don't engage with any of the titans unless absolutely necessary.  Our main focus is escape."  They all nodded in understanding and I began to separate the squad into three's. 

Once I had finished, everyone was in a group besides me.  "Alright Group 1 exit to the west straight to the wall.  There's a gap right there between those titans, the one on the left moves slower.  Group 2 exit to the northwest right over those 3 meter titans, stay high up and you should be fine...".  I continued laying out instructions before sending the groups on their way, avoiding all questions and comments of my own escape, I didn't want to worry them. 

I watched as each group followed my commands, being careful around the taller titans and heading to the wall.  My gaze dropped below to the batch of titans attempting to climb up the building I stood upon.  If I wanted to live to beat the hell out of Levi, I needed to leave now before I was locked in. 

I double checked the gas in my ODM gear before finding an opening between the closing wall of titans.  Shooting the hook out, I angled my hips and launched through the air.  I dodged the first few titans, quickly finding a rhythm between swings.  The wall felt so far away but if I kept up this momentum I'd make it to safety soon enough.  Wherever Levi was, he had better live through it.  I wasn't about to fight to survive just to find out he hadn't, I was owed a "punch the captain in the gut" pass. 

With my focus wavering I didn't see the 15 meter titan approaching me from my right.  Its giant hand grabbed me mid swing, the force knocking all the air from my lungs.  Terror shot through me like lightning, setting all my nerves on fire.  I meant to scream out but I couldn't gather enough breath.  I desperately clawed at the titan's hand, not making any marks.  The titan squeezed me harder as I felt my ribs snap like a twig, only then did I scream. 

The pain was unbearable, my vision blurry with tears and my mind numb with agony.  I've never felt anything like this ever in my life and I probably never would again.  I could only watch in absolute terror as the titan brought me closer to its mouth.  The stench was repulsive causing me to vomit, a mix of blood and breakfast. 

Right as I was between its teeth, wondering what death would be like, there was a sudden lurch from the titan.  It let loose a horrible scream as it's head snapped forward as if struck from behind.  Its fingers loosened and I fell through the air, the titan falling down above me.  Something rammed into my side at the last second before I splattered across the pavement.