Reiner x Reader

"When will you talk to me?"  My glare narrowed, hatred burning in my chest as I stared at the man kneeling in front of me.  The chains rattled as I twisted my wrists uncomfortably.  Being restricted to a wall wasn't going to help my mood and by the indifferent stare in Reiner's eyes, I knew he was aware just how pissed off I was at being restrained. 

Panting heavily, I didn't speak a word.  My teeth were grinding, surprising that I haven't cracked a tooth yet.  My chest was bare so my bruises and cuts were on full display along with the bandages Reiner insisted on putting on me.  It was like he felt bad for throwing me in here. 

Reiner sighed, a broken hearted sound that made me seethe.  He had no right to feel bad when I was the one chained and treated like a monster.  The day I broke out of here was the day I made Reiner pay for what he's done to me.  I made sure to send that promise through every glare and jolt. 

"Please.  Say anything," he pleaded suddenly.  I could tell he was starting to become desperate by the way his eyes were shimmering like he was about to cry.  It wouldn't be the first time he broke down in my cell but if he did it this time, I might've sympathized.  I spat at his knees instead, drawing his attention to my hateful stare. 

"Go fuck yourself Braun," I hissed.  I couldn't even recognize my voice through its raspiness from my days of silence.  Reiner however straightened up at the sound, his shoulders lifting in hope.  He tried to slide closer to me but I shrunk back with a low growl.  Down here, I was reduced to nothing but an animal. 

"I've missed hearing your voice," Reiner whispered longingly.  It made me sick just hearing him say it.  His tone reminded me painfully of when we were back on Paradis, before I knew he was a traitor and before he killed the part of me that once held so much love for him.  There were moments where I worried that part of me never truly died though. 

Out of spite, I didn't mumble another word and Reiner's hopeful expression quickly fell.  He seemed to sink lower into that dark place he usually fell into when I rejected him like this.  Even though a part of me will never forgive him, it also pained me to see him like this though I would never tell him that. 

"Y/n...I'm not asking you to forgive or forget but I can't live like this any longer.  I can't live without you," he began to cry.  If that were true, he would've helped me out of this Marlyan cell.  He would've stopped my abusers from constantly showing up to put new bruises and cuts on my exhausted body.  If he truly cared about me he'd save me from this hell. 

I didn't say any of that though, the only sound being Reiner's quiet cries and the soft rattle of my chains.  What was there to say?  That a part of me understood the horrible things Reiner's done?  That if it were me I would've done the same?  That deep down if he asked if I could still find a way to love him, I would say yes?  No.  I'd rather stay silent in my pain. 

Reiner had moved closer to me now, tears still falling down his face but eyes dazed.  He seemed to be in his defensive trance as his eyes traced over my bare chest.  His hand lifted and I flinched but didn't tell him to stop as he gently traced the line of bruises peppering my ribs. 

"I've told them to stop doing this.  I'm really trying to help you but if they find out how much I need you, they'll use you," he whispered sadly.  My eyes widened as I mentally slapped myself.  It hadn't occurred to me that I could be used as an incentive but from what I've heard about the true Marlyans, it didn't surprise me that they would do something so heartless. 

"Reiner," I whispered shakily.  His head lifted towards me, eyes wide and pleading.  The pain in my chest doubled with that hopeful look sparkling in his eyes.  His fingers still rested against my chest, so tenderly it made my heart ache.  "You're the real victim here." 

A beat of silence passed.  It clearly wasn't what Reiner was expecting to hear as his gaze unfocused to zone out.  I worried if I finally made him snap and what he would do if that happened. 

His hand slid over my skin suddenly, leaving goosebumps behind as he touched the shackle on my wrist.  I never broke my gaze from his despairing one, even as his other hand slipped into his pocket.  There was a flash of something silver and then the cold metal touching one of my wrists lifted.  A second later there was another click as my other hand was freed from its shackle. 

"You can hide in my residence until I clear up the situation," he stated, no emotion in his voice as he pulled me up onto my feet.  I staggered from the shock of standing again before Reiner's hand rested on my waist to steady me.  My mind felt numb from the suddenness of it all but nevertheless I was still grateful. 

"Why are you letting me go?  What changed?" I choked out as tears slid down my face.  Reiner pulled me to his chest, both hands now on my waist as he leaned in.  His eyes asked the question but it didn't matter as I pushed a quick heated kiss to his lips. 

He grunted at the action but quickly melted into the touch with passion.  It was like we were back on Paradis again, kissing for the first time.  Reiner pulled away to stare at me with an intensely loving gaze.  "Nothing did.  Nothing's changed at all."