Chapter Sixteen

Lukewarm pulled up outside the old warehouse about twenty minutes later. Gripping his pistol tightly, he stormed into the building only to find—

"Vanessa?" His mouth nearly dropped to the ground as he beheld the spectacle taking place before him.

"Hey, babe," she said breathlessly and proceeded to land a roundhouse kick against Clark's shoulder.

He cried in pain and tried to grab her but she deftly dodged his attack and countered it by grabbing hold of his arms.

A second later, she had him pinned against the wall. "Now, Clark, this is why you don't mess with a bad bitch like me."

He grinned. "I was merely going easy on you," he replied and pulled a gun out of his pocket. "You see, I'm getting tired of this little charade."

Lukewarm aimed his gun at Clark's head. "I swear to God, Henderson—"

He grabbed her by the arm and proceeded to coil his hand around Vanessa's neck while pointing the gun against her temple. "Not another step, Detective, or I just might get trigger-happy."

"Clark, if you let her go, I promise not to arrest you—"

"And shoot me dead like Victor did Thomas Elliot?" He raised a brow. "Yes, Detective, I keep track of my clients' sins." He tightened his grip around her neck and added, "Speaking of Victor, it's a pity that he's gonna spend the rest of his life behind bars. And you..." He gazed at Vanessa lustily. "You betrayed my trust and attacked me. That's not good at all."

"For God's sake, she's pregnant, you son of a bitch!" he cried.

"And I'm heartbroken." He chuckled. "We've all got problems, you kno—"

All of a sudden, Vanessa's teeth pierced the haughty lawyer's wrist and he dropped his firearm with a cry of pain and shock. She immediately pushed him backward, grabbed his gun and pointed it at him. "Not so glorious now, eh, Clark?"

Before he could say or do anything, Lukewarm threw a massive punch at his eye, and Clark dropped to the ground, groaning as his bruise turned into a caliginous shade of blue.

"Please..." he begged as he attempted to crawl.

Lukewarm grabbed his arm, twisted it and pinned him right where he was. "You're not going anywhere, dude."

"You're damn right he isn't," Vanessa said coldly as she placed the gun against his neck. "Let this be a lesson to any man who thinks women are spoils of war or playthings for their twisted fantasies."

"Vanessa, what are you—" Lukewarm began but it was too late, for a moment later, she had pulled the trigger.

Clark Henderson didn't even have time to let out a cry before the bullet pierced his throat, ripping its way through layers of skin, muscle, and bone.

***

Patricia Addams had been sitting in her office when the hooded man broke in. "Who are you and what do you want?" She stealthily opened her drawer which revealed a gun hidden amidst a pile of nondescript files.

"Long live the Exterminator!" the hitman roared and fired a bullet at her.

She nimbly rolled over to the side, firing her pistol simultaneously.

The hitman dropped to his knees, crying in pain as the bullet grazed his arm.

"You can drop the act now," Patricia said a moment later as she pulled a remote control out of a concealed pocket in her jacket. She pressed the big red button in the centre and smiled. "I've disabled the security cameras in the room."