2

°.°.°.°.°.°.°.°.°

I don't know why I scream a lot but gawddd😩💓 you guys are the best... More than 52 reads in a week. I love you guys so much.

I want to thank WritersNetwork for supporting me too, reviews from different angles.

~ well, this is another chapter😚 read, enjoy, voteeee and comment. Tainku🍹

                  °.°.°.°.°.°.°.°.°.°.°

MERCY

No matter what, I'll always choose to thank God.

*.**.*

Staring at the small building before me, I smiled. Despite how wealthy my mum claimed my dad was, this was the only portion given to me as his first daughter. A small dumped house in one of the rural places in Lagos.

Well, bless mum for furnishing it and making it look homey.

"Two person go suffer together for years and after death, another person from another universe go dey claim say na him get the property wey the two don suffer for. No gree oo."

I instinctively turned at the voice only to realize he was just a passerby making a phone call. But, the funniest thing was that I related to what he said.

As per what I could remember, my dad was with my mum all through but when he died, another wife came from nowhere claiming all the properties and we were left with this alone.

I sighed.

"Why do I think too much about these, huh? Mercy, just get over it already." I said to myself as I advanced into my home.

"Mercy ti de oo. (Mercy has arrived!)"

I glanced at the old wall clock as I announced my presence. Seven 0'clock on dot. My attention returned back to the silent home and I wondered if my mum wasn't at home.

My brows creased as I walked through the small passage that led to the backyard. My frown deepened as the dried pans and turning sticks stared at me in return.

Ah

I walked back into the passage and placed my hand on the first door knob ready to open the door but I stopped. My frown softened as I recognized the sounds coming from the room.

Tears pricked my eyes as my mom's words became clearer to my hearing, from the other end. She was crying.

"My daughter is now seventeen years old. You don't expect her to end up the way I am right. God, have mercy."

I sniffed in and wiped the threatening tears in my eyes.

God.

"Emi nikan ni Mercy ni, oluwa. Ran oloore wa (I'm the only one Mercy has, God. Send helpers to us)"

With that, I fell on my knees with a heavy heart and joined my mother in her supposed silent prayer.

God, please. Answers to my mother's prayer is all I ask for.