5

David Michael

After dressing myself up calmly, I spent another thirty minute styling my annoying curled hair... Yeah, I get, mom is an Igbo woman and all that but this hair which I inherited from her side was something else.

I know what you're thinking, and yes, i do cut it but bless the name of the lord, for this brown hair on my head grows longer everyday.

Sighs

"Son, you'll be late for school. I'm dropping you off today." The comb in my hands dropped as I realized that the voiced belonged to my father.

"Abi this one is dreaming ni? Dropping me off keh." I hissed and did my business till satisfaction before going out.

"Have a nice day, Mr. David." Aunty Chioma, mom's favorite maid and my personal maid said from a corner as I walked out of my room. I turned around quickly, pulled her into a hug and kissed her head.

"Have fun with your children too today, Mrs. Chioma... Tell them I miss them also." I winked and she slapped my shoulder causing me to crack up before she joined.

She engaged me in a little conversation as we walked into the sitting room only for her to stop, bow and walk back in.

I walked around the fancy three seaters and tried to walk out, ignoring the devil on seat only to be stopped by the voice I wished I could silence.

"I knew I had spoil you, David, but a calm 'good morning' from you won't hurt." He said and I folded my fist, trying to calm the hating demon in me.

She wouldn't like this.

"Good morning, Governor." I greeted and he laughed as if it was funny.

"So, shall we?"

No, sit down and face front.

I walked out ignoring the greeting of the driver as I took my seat behind him and waited for the ex-governor.

*

As we drove along the tarred road of Lagos, I wished I could just strangle our driver from behind. I mean, of all days he chose to drive slow today because of the devil beside him.

I wished he could see the pain in my eyes from that rare view mirror, I wished he could see what I was seeing. I wished his eyes could see more than what dad painted himself to be but it seemed as if I was the only one who saw that.

"Mr. Kunle, are you sick?"

"Sir?"

"Why are you driving like a sick person, can't you see I'm late?" I snorted and gladly, he increased his speed immediately.

"You're spoilt, stop showing it... Kunle is older than you, you shouldn't talk to him like that."

"Coming from a man who disrespects and send people out of his life without a valid reason." I answered with a raised brow knowing he understood my message fully.

"You're just too young to understand."

"Pele o, old man." Yes. I said it... Blame me all you want, he deserves to be disrespected.

"Shut up, David or I'll—"

"You'll what? Hit me like you did to her? Send me out of your life? Well, I'll be happy if you do so 'cause I had never counted you has someone in my life."

"Davi—"

The car jerked then halted which signified that I had gotten to my destination.

"Thank you, Mr. Kunle." I hissed then got down from the car. I breathe in the fresh air first before advancing into Royal Academy.

"I wish him death."

"Now you kill people?" I flinched but relaxed then flared when I realized that it was the new girl.

"Can't you for once mind your fucking business?" I lashed out angrily and she took a step back, obviously shocked at my outburst.

"Baba dey hot... Pele my dear, e go better. No cry oo, una know say you be big boy." She giggled as she said those words before laughing out loud and I hissed.

"The mumu even finds her words funny." I hissed again before walking my way out of her sight.

If only she saw what was behind those angry eyes.

Sighs.

                      *.*.Mercy.*.*

I was outside the school premises, my first period was a free class so I decided to get some fresh air outside and luckily I got to see him.

Not the happy kind of "see him". It was the curious kind of " see him"

I watched him alight from the big wine colored car, I watched his angry feature erase as he did a breathing therapy and I watched him talk to himself, I didn't think he knew he was even talking to himself... He was intriguing.

The whole Mr. Bully was acting like a mentally ill person, it was weird but not that weird for the curious Mercy.

After his little outburst, I watched him walk away and I smiled.

"He isn't all that strong like he painted himself to be sef, behind his angry face lied something unbelievable... Hmm, I'm curious."

"Oyaa, detective Mercy." I chuckled but frowned at the unfamiliar voice. Before I could turn, he moved forward so I could see him.

"You are?"

"Eiiii, you dont know me keh? This is a stab to my not beating heart." He fell on one knee, placing his hand on his chest dramatically and I moved back with a look of disbelief.

The fact was that, I knew him. Who wouldn't? He was the clown of the class but I wanted to hear from the horses mouth.

"Ode, get up jhoor." I chuckled and he laughed, getting on his feet while dusting the little stain on his knee.

"Nice to finally meet you face to face, Mercy Andrews. The only woman who can talk back at my best friend. All hail the queen  of savages! Hail!" This time around, he fell on both knees, bowing to my feet and I find myself cracking up loudly.

"Guy... You're not okay." I sobered up and he nodded.

"Yes I know." He smiled, repeating the same actions from earlier and I smiled.

"The name's Victory... And well, David is um, well you're a detective. You can find out by yourself."

"The first I'm finding is that, you just spoke gibberish... I didn't even understand anything except "find"" I pointed out and he chuckled.

"Then ignore it." He grinned and I shrugged.

"Okay. Nice to meet you, Victory."

"My pleasure, queen of savages."

"Dont call me that." I growled and he laughed.

"Beg me."

It's a goalllllll! (I didn't know why I said this😂)

Well, well, well, how have you all been?

A quick tap into Victory's behavior, what do you feel about him?

Curious Mercy reporting for duty!

What do you think about David and his dad's relationship too😩 they're cute,right?

Bye till I'm back🐼🍹