Chapter Nine

It's been a couple of days since then, after I said what I said he just cried and cried, we stayed there all afternoon. He opened up to me about his past and about what happened, he felt guilty for making Sian's fear of men worse.

He looked true to his word, I was relieved but still explained to him how dangerous what he was doing was. Stalking, taking pictures, ECT. It's a crime after all.

I would've gotten him in jail by now...if I were so cold but I believe he deserves a second chance. I gave it to him and he accepted it-- it doesn't look like he's going to do anything anymore.

He proved it to me by taking Sian's pictures off the walls. It's safe to say he's actually trying to get better, this is good.

Currently now I'm waiting for him to come out of his apartment, here's the plan: 

Chae Yul and Chae Yuri are brother and sister right? Sian didn't know that they were siblings right? Yul can just say that he was visiting his sister and he didn't know that she was friends with Sian. If Sian asks about her eyes we can just say they're contacts, and it's as easy as that!...right? I hope so anyway.

Honestly, I don't even know how I made it this far without him blackmailing me or something... maybe I should tell him to apologize when he sees her..? I doubt she wouldn't run away though...my head hurts

"Are you sure this is a good idea? what if they find out it was actually me this whole time? what if they find me disgusting?" he asks,  he peaks his head out.

"I don't think they will unless you told Sian that you had a sister....did you tell her?"

"no...I didn't even tell her about my parents.."

"then you'll be fine! come on!"

"mm...if you say so..." He fully comes out, I look at him up and down and nod.

"the clothes I gave you make you look like a Rockstar!"

"oh shut up!" 

I laugh, he's wearing a black sleeveless shirt with a skeleton imprinted on, some baggy black pants, a fake sliver necklace, and a shoulder bag. 

"let's go now"

"where are we supposed to go?" 

"Lunch, I told you I was going to treat you right?"

"You were serious?"

"Of course I was! So, are you coming?" I stare at him with hopeful eyes.

He stares back nervously, after a few seconds he looks away "uh,..okay".

I smile brightly and we both make our way downstairs.

We exit the building and continue towards the restaurant.

A few minutes in and I notice everyone's gaze, it feels so...weird and uncomfortable.

"Is that a boy or a girl?"

"What a hot chick!"

"Shut up! What if it really is a guy?"

"...no way, if it is...that's disgusting"

The people whisper and say to each other as we pass by.

I turn towards them really mad when I notice Yul's face.

He's looking down at the ground completely humiliated, anxious and worried.

I frown, maybe I shouldn't have taken him outside...I should've ordered take out to something...

What am I saying!? I'm supposed to be helping him!

"Hey Yul!" I say loudly, he turns to me

"You coming?" I ask waving my hand around

He stands still and looks around, he still feels everyone's gaze.

I walk over to him and take his hand, he looks at me surprised.

"What are you doing? Aren't you ashamed of me? Embarrassed?" He asks, his hand is sweating

I shake my head and smile warmly at him "what are you saying? Of course not! You're human just like everyone else".

He stares at me even more surprised "come on now, I'm hungry haha!".

-----------______________-----------

"Going out isn't too bad..." Yul says eating his burger

"yeah but I guess it does get exhausting huh?" I say eating my last remaining fries

"wha? you already finished your burger!?" 

"hm? oh yeah, I eat fast heh"

"A-anyways, what are we going to do when we run into noona?"

"Hmm...maybe we can tell her that you asked me for help since you were new"

"You really think she'd believe that?"

"..I mean, she believed that you were a girl so...I think so yeah"

"Mmm...but what if she thinks I'm stalking her again? what then?"

"good point, she probably will...no worries though, I've got your back!"

He looks at me like I'm crazy "you're so...weird"

"Hey!"

-----------______________-----------  

"Thanks for today...I actually enjoyed it" Yul says, his apartment door behind him

"no problem, I'll see you tomorrow then?"

"Yeah"

"Okay! Good afterno-"

"Wait!"

I stop and stare at him confused.

"Sorry I- I just...wait here" he says, he hurries into his apartment.

I wait, a few minutes pass and he finally returns.

He walks out slowly holding what seems to be a charm or bracelet.

He looks at me nervously and hands it over to me, his hands shaking.

I take it and observe, it is indeed a bracelet - a really pretty one at that.

"Woah for me!?...where'd you get this Yul? It's awesome!" I ask looking at it from different angles.

"I..I made it"

I look at him surprised, no way...he made something....for me?

"R-really?" I say, I feel my chest tighten

"Yeah...do you like it?" He asks, his eyes shining

I gulp and nod my head "heck yeah! I'll keep it forever!" I say, I place it on my wrist.

"Thank you so much Yul!" I continue, I smile warmly at him.

He looks away from me "y-yeah...your welcome..."

"Well, like I said before- good afternoon Yul, please stay safe"

He nods "you too"

"Goodbye Yul"

"Goodbye Y/n"