Aftermath Part 3

Finally, the next chapter is in. Need to start focusing on my other books as well.

Enjoy!

...

Silence

That was all that could be felt as the portal closed, leaving behind an unexpected group of people.

"Mom! Dad!"

Ruby shouted in joy as she raced to hug her parents.

SMACK!

Only for Summer to harshly backhand her, sending her flying back to the bullies table.

"Ruby!"

Came the various shouts as she landed onto the table.

"Mom! Why did you do that!"

Yang shouted in shock and anger at her stepmother actions. Eyes turned as she glared angrily at her.

"Oh, don't act shock!" Summer Rose scoffed, "Or did you forget what Tai said?"

"I believe it was 'We need to talk about your behavior here in Union.'"

Summer coldly stated.

"Ruby, Yang" Taiyang spoke up, gaining his daughters attention. "Why did you lie to us?"

"Wh-What?" Ruby said, dazed from the impact and stunned from the blow her mother administered to her.

"Don't play stupid!" Kali Belladonna shouted; the cheerful expression replaced by one full of anger. Shocking Blake as she never saw her mother act like this before. "We're talking about your treatment of one (M/N) (L/N)!"

!

Pure shock ran through their veins. How did they know about that!?

"You kids might as well answer your parents questions, it will only get worse if you continue lying."

Qrow said, causing Ruby and Yang to look at him. Only to double back in shock as they saw a nasty bruise on his right eye.

"Uncle Qrow! What happened to you!?" Yang shouted in shock at seeing her uncle current state.

"Karma" Winter simply stated, "For his inactions and stupidity."

-Flashback-

Qrow could be seen quickly flying towards Tai and Summer home. Worry surging through his mind, the message he received constantly replaying in his mind.

'Qrow! We need you back at the house. It's an emergency!'

Many scenarios flashed through his mind.

Were they okay?

Did something happen to Yang and Ruby?

Has his bad luck struck again?

When he saw his destination up ahead, he quickly transformed back into a human as he opened the door.

"Tai! Summer! What's...wrong?"

His question trailed off, as he saw that not only was Summer and Taiyang just fine. But his sister Raven was also there. The three of them sitting on the couch as they gave him a cold, disappointed stare.

"Raven? What are you-"

"That's not important right now."

Raven Branwen coldly interrupted her twin brother in her usual state of manner.

"Because at the moment, what we need to discuss is WHAT THE HELL ARE YANG AND RUBY DOING IN THAT SCHOOL BEHIND OUR BACKS!?"

Raven yelled, her calm, detached persona shattered as she roared at her younger brother.