Preface

Irene and Greggy's tale was an unexpected twist of fate. What began as a facade, a ploy to deter an arranged marriage, gradually unfurled into a complex web of genuine emotions, albeit unevenly distributed between them.

At first, the charade they orchestrated seemed like an easy solution—a pretense of affection to dissuade Irene's father from enforcing the predetermined match. Greggy played his role with quiet resolve, mustering charming smiles and earnest gazes, crafting an illusion of a burgeoning romance. Yet, as days turned into weeks and then months, something unforeseen began to take root within him—an authentic fondness for Irene.

Greggy's heart stealthily wove threads of genuine love for Irene, threads that grew stronger with each passing moment they spent together. His gestures, once rehearsed, became instinctive; his concern for her evolved from obligation to earnest care. However, Irene's sentiments remained concealed behind a well-crafted facade. Her feelings, though warm and friendly, didn't mirror Greggy's blossoming love.

The dissonance in emotions created a fragile equilibrium in their relationship. Greggy tiptoed around his burgeoning affection, trying not to disrupt the delicate balance they had established. He cherished the stolen moments of intimacy, the shared laughter, and the fleeting glimpses of what could be.

For Irene, the scenario was different. She found solace in Greggy's company, comfort in their camaraderie, but the depths of romantic love eluded her. The weight of the charade weighed heavily on her, especially as Greggy's affection grew more apparent. Guilt became an unwelcome companion, shadowing her every move, as she grappled with the dichotomy of her true emotions and the expectations she had unwittingly fostered.

As their fabricated love started to weave itself into reality for Greggy, it only deepened Irene's internal conflict. She cherished Greggy as a friend, admired his unwavering commitment, but the romantic love she hoped to foster remained elusive.

Their story became a tangled dance of conflicting emotions, unspoken truths, and unfulfilled desires. And amidst it all, a silent storm brewed—a tempest of love unrequited, an unspoken truth that threatened the very foundation of their carefully constructed alliance..

What will happen after their fake marriage? Will everything remain unchanged now that they're done pretending?

to be continued