Monster

[TW: this chapter contains gross and vivid description, TERRIBLY written fight scenes, and blood (possibly gore, but I will do my best to refrain from it) If you wish to by pass this section it will be marked by a dotted line you have been warned!]

We walked down 11 hallways and went up 2 flights of stairs, all without incident, which was unnerving. I didn't like it, everyone was on edge. Occasionally Moose or someone would crack a joke to temporarily break the tension, but it never lasted long. I could tell everyone was becoming more and more paranoid, I was too, I hated the silence, where were the prisoners?

"Ok I've had enough of this! Sabre, were you just trying to scare us or something!" Moose shouts clearly annoyed.

"Yeah you said it was dangerous, so many prisoners, I haven't seen a living soul!" Nathan added.

"Look I get it, you're paranoid, I am too, there should be lots more cells and prisoners down here, but it's empty. But I wasn't lying!"

"Guys-"

"Well where are the cells then! All these so-called 'deadly monsters' and such" Nathan said, gesturing around the empty room.

"Guys."

"I. Don't. Know! Please stop shouting at me!"

"GUYS!" Shark shouted. All of our heads immediately turned towards him. "Thank you! Now would you please stop fighting and look over here!"

Shark was standing by an open door. It led to a chamber, it was dark and musty, not an idealistic place to hang out. As all of us stepped in, and the light of our torches illuminated the room we gasped in horror at what we saw.

The room was a cell chamber, but all the cells were open. However the prisoners never got far, their remains littered the inside of each cell. It was horrifying, what was worse, the bars of each cell looked as though they had been chewed or clawed open. Whatever did this was powerful, and dangerous. I didn't want to meet this thing.

I stole a glance at my 3 companions, only to see them looking at each cell with horror and disgust greater than mine. Moose looked like he was about to throw up, Shark was so pale it was like he'd seen a ghost, and Nathan? Nathan's legs were trembling and every fiber of his being was screaming to run.

"W-what do y-you think did all, all this?" Moose asked, his poor voice trembling.

"Nothing friendly, that's for sure." I answered. "Now do you see why I said to be prepared and cautious?"

"Yeah but what about you! You don't have any armor or a weapon! How can you be so calm right now!" Shark shrieked. I don't blame him for being worried about me, and I did appreciate the concern however,

"I have stuff, I'll use it when necessary. Don't worry about me, as for why I'm calm? I'm not, inside I'm just as scared and disgusted as the rest of you." I explained doing my best to keep my voice level. "If all of us get hysterical, we'll end up dead. Besides I've been in dungeons before, so I have a rough idea on how to get out. So please take a breath, and let's get out of here before whatever did this," I said while gesturing to the cells, "finds us." Everyone nodded in agreement and we began our journey once again.

"So uh Sabre, I'm sorry for blowing up at you earlier." Nathan apologized. We had been walking in silence for quite some time, so a nice conversation would help.

"It's fine, you were annoyed and paranoid, I understand." I responded. "I'm also sorry for offending you 3 with my earlier comment."

"Which comment was that?" Shark asked.

"The one about protecting you 3, or at least worrying about protecting you three. I didn't mean to offend you guys, I was genuinely concerned for your safety is all. I don't want to see you guys get hurt." I said looking down.