Trouble At The Archives

(Warning/Authors Note: this chapter contains a lot of fighting, however I am new to writing fight scenes, so they aren't that great in my biased oppion. For any viewers who do not like the fight scenes, they are sectioned off by a dotted line. So if you see one, a fight scene is about to start, scroll till you find the second dotted line, that means it's over. Thank you for understanding, and enjoy!!)

   We had parted ways from Shark and Nathan a while ago and I was curious where exactly this ‘archive’ was. I was so curious to learn more about this ‘black magic’ and how it differed to forbidden spells. I also wondered how many black magic spells and rituals there are? I also couldn’t help but wonder since black magic is not allowed, why is there an entire archive dedicated to it? I was so busy in my head, asking all these questions I had no answer to, I didn’t hear Moose calling my name.
   “Sabre! Are you even listening to me?” He said frustrated.
    “Oh sorry Moose did ya say something?” I asked innocently.
   *sigh* “I was saying how these are the same groups as last time. You know when we split up in that dungeon.”
   “Oh yeah, you’re right, I didn’t think about that.” I said, “By the way, where is this archive?”
   “Oh it’s half a day's worth of traveling, we could get there quicker if I could teleport.” he said with disappointment.
   “Well, do you know the coordinates?” I asked.
   “Huh? Yeah I know the cords. Nathan had me memorize them, and the long path there.” He answered in an unhappy tone.
   “Do you mind telling me what they are?” I pressed.
   “Oh yeah x-..., y-..., but why do you want to know?” He asked, still oblivious to my plan.
   “So we don’t have to spend all day walking, and so we can beat Shark and Nathan back to the clearing.” I said matter-of-factly, and Moose seemed to like the idea of beating the other two cause his eyes turned into big stars.
   “Ooohhh man! I don’t know what you’re planning, but I like it! Lets do this!” He would have run off if I didn’t grab both his arms.
   “Woah easy there Moose, no need to run.” I said, trying and failing to stifle my laughter.
   “Ok so if we’re not walking there, or running there, how are we getting there?” He asked.
  “Good question, I thought you’d never ask…” I said jokingly, as I reached my hand into my inventory and felt around for The Galaxy Sword. Once I had a grip on its handle I pulled it out. “We’re gonna portal there using The Galaxy Sword!” I explained excitedly, and Moose was shaking with excitement too.
   “Yes! Let’s do this!” He yelled, very pumped up. I giggled at my friend's enthusiasm and concentrated on the set of coordinates Moose told me. I cleared my mind and only thought about the coords, I waited until the sword pulsated, indicating it was fully charged and ready to go. Once both the sword and I were ready I slashed the air right in front of me, tearing it open. It looked like someone had torn open this reality, and pasted the galaxy sky into it. I looked over my shoulder to my speechless friend, he was in awe, and I snickered at his reaction.
    “What’s so funny?” He asked.
   “You should have seen your face,” I answered, still slightly snickering. “But the portals ready, after you.” I gestured for him to step through and he yelled ‘YOLO’ and charged right in. I followed his lead and walked into the portal, almost stepping on Moose who somehow ended up face planting into the floor. I couldn’t contain my laughter any longer and burst out laughing, only to hear like 20 people shushing me.
   “Sorry,” I whispered. I offered my hand to help him up, and he accepted my offer.
   “Thanks,” he mumbled, a light dusting of red on his face.
   “So is this the place?” I asked in a whisper tone.
   “Yup! Welcome to the Dark Archives.” Moose said proudly, arms fully extended. I must admit, I was in awe, I never imagined this place would be so large! Good thing I portaled us here, there is no way the two of us would get all the information we needed in like a day and a half.
   “Soooo, shall we get started?” I asked Moose, and he nodded in confirmation. ‘Welp, this is going to take awhile.’
      (Time skip ‘cause I’m too lazy TwT)
Moose’s pov: WE’VE BEEN HERE TOO LONG! I CAN’T TAKE THE SILENCE ANY LONGER! I. NEED. OUT! Thanks to Sabre and his search spells we found what we needed quickly. We gathered a lot of books and information, currently Sabre was pulling together some final bits of knowledge and information, while being surrounded by 3 stacks of books.
In the 2 ½ days Sabre and I have spent here, I learned a bit more about him. So apparently he did have some magic powers, but they were limited, the rest was scattered or trapped in various relics. I also learned that Sabre has a lot of scars from past fights, from both the war and afterwards. I myself had one scar, looking at it brought back painful memories, same goes for Shark and Nathan. All of us have scars we hide, and hate talking about them, but Sabre has more than us 3 combined, each carrying a dark story, I could only imagine how he feels, and what he's been through. I shake my head to clear it, and walk over to Sabre.
   “Hey man, how's it coming?” I asked, trying to peer through two stacks of books. Sabre had his face buried in two books, one he was reading, the other he was jotting something down. But my question remained unanswered, which annoyed me, but I guess he’s so absorbed in whatever he’s doing, that he didn’t hear me. “Oi, Sabre! Earth to Sabre!” I said in my normal volume, I didn’t want to speak too loudly and have people shushing me, ‘again…’ I thought to myself. He looked up from the book, he looked a little surprised, but quickly realized it was only me.
   “Oh man, sorry guess I didn’t hear you.” He said sheepishly, “what were you saying?”
   “I was asking what you're up to.” I answered.
   “Oh I’m just writing a few safety notes down before we leave.” He answered.
   “How much longer do we have to stay here?” I asked impatiently.
   “Not too much longer, I’m almost done, I’ve gotten through two stacks, and I’m almost done with the 3rd pile. Just like another 2-3 books and then we can leave.” He explained.
   “Oh, ok…” I didn’t know what else to say, and we descended into awkward silence, well awkward for me at least. I wanted something to do, but I didn’t want to interrupt him. Then I thought of an interesting question to ask my ancient friend. “Hey Sabre?”
   “Yeah Moose?” He said, not looking up as he put away the book he was reading, and picked up a new one.
   “How did you meet Entity 303?” He instantly looked up, shocked and confused by my question.
   “Has he not told you?” He asked. I shook my head ‘no’ in response. Sabre let out a sigh and looked back down to his book.
   “Well I guess I’m not too surprised, after all he did lose.” When he started, I wanted to ask ‘loose what?’ but Entity said, QuIeT aND liStEN. So I kept my mouth shut as Sabre dove into the past, but still focused on his work.
   I first heard of him through HB, apparently he and Entity have had a few intense battles, and wanted my interjection. So I went with him to aid anyway I could. He and I chatted, and camped together, and enjoyed each other's company.  He told me about his enemy, how his brother messed with Entity, and manipulated his mind and memories to turn the boy into a killing machine whose only purpose was to kill him. I never was fond of his brother, but the thought of him turning one of our creations into a being of power bent on destruction, it made me disgusted to even call him a creator.
   The next day HB went out to hunt for some more food, I was still at our camp and was packing things up when Entity appeared. He silently teleported into the center of our camp, my back was turned to him because I was trying to pack up the tents, but I knew he was there but pretended I didn’t. I’m not sure what he was thinking, but I could faintly hear his footsteps behind me as he got closer. I had a funny idea, a way to mess with this guy, a way to judge his character. To see if he, like HB, had some good hidden within him. When he got close enough I spoke up,
   “Oh, are you back so soon, I’m not even done packing up camp.” I didn’t turn around, pretending that the one behind me was him. Entity didn’t say anything, probably extremely confused, I laughed internally, but kept up the act. “What’s wrong cat got your-” I slowly turned around and was met with someone other than him, and acted like I was shocked and scared, while Entity just stood there.    Of course this was before I wore a blindfold over my eyes, and my eyes were a dead give away to my position and power, so before I turned around I changed my eyes to look more normal. He bought the scaredy cat act and smirked menacingly.
   “WElL wELl WElL… wHaT dO we hAVe herE? A LItTLe HuMaN AlL AloNe, no onE TO prOTeCt YoU noW” he chuckled, and I acted even more scared. I made my knees trembling, body shaking, and quickening my breath. “BOO!” He said rather loudly, and I jumped back, stumbled, and fled the camp site. While I was running I could hear his glitchy chuckle, but it was growing distant, he wasn’t following me. Once I was a decent distance away, I turned around and waited, but he never showed up. While I was waiting, he teleported to me using lightning, probably not the best idea, but I could make it work. He asked what happened and I peered into his eyes, and relayed my plan to him telepathically, while saying out loud in my scared human voice that an evil being came to our campsite and tried to attack me. He got the message and feel into character, ‘oh man was this going to be fun!’ I thought to myself. Apparently Entity heard the lightning and followed it, and he saw me and him talking, he was most likely shocked, but hid it well. HB noticed him first and when I turned around, I acted scared and hid behind him.
   “T-That’s the g-guy wh-who attacked me!” I whimpered. He stood in front of me protectively and sneered at Entity, but he just laughed.
   “OH, whAt’S ThIs?” He said, “GOt aTtAChed tO a lItTlE sCareD hUmaN? HOw WeAk AnD PatHetIc.” He spat out like he was disgusted.
   “Well it takes one to know onehe mocked, smiling victoriously as Entity’s frown only deepened.
   “ThAt’s IT! I sAy it’S tIme WE sEeTle tHis OncE aNd AlL!” Entity shouted, he was furious but also sounded a little desperate, at least to me he did. It wasn’t obvious, in fact I might have imagined it, but something worried him. I later found out what it was that bothered him so much.
   Entity summoned a bunch of lightning, and I felt the electricity sourge around me. My vision faded to white, and I could no longer feel HB in front of me. The lightning faded, and my eyes adjusted to my surroundings. I was in a cage, dangling above lava and an arena of some kind. Also below me, standing in the arena were two figures, HB and Entity, things had really heated up. HB was looking all around for me, I called out his name, and he looked up and saw me, worry evident on his face. He turned back to Entity and demanded that he release me, Entity declined, saying if HB won then I was free to go. However if he lost, I would die alongside him. Although he didn’t sound very happy to say that last part. I was beginning to doubt he had any real intentions of harming me, but that would be put to the test later on. I didn’t like being in that cage, and I hated feeling like a caged animal, so I pulled out my pickaxe and began the long process of breaking the bars.    Unfortunately for me these bars were made of obsidian, and I only had an iron pick. While I was trying to break my cage, I could hear them fighting below, I needed to do something and fast!
   I couldn’t see much of what was happening, but I could see strikes of lightning coming from the sky, and heard the thunder that followed it. I could also hear the clang of metal, I’m assuming they summoned their weapons, but they were moving too fast for me to keep track. I kept picking away at the bars, and eventually broke a hole, but it wasn’t large enough for me to fit through. The battle was raging below me, it was getting worse and I feared for his safety, so I quickened my pace.
At last I broke a hole big enough for me to fit through. I released my powers, my eyes returning to their normal form and color. The fight was nearing its end when I flew down, but when they sensed my energy they both ceased their fighting and looked up. Entity’s eyes were wide open, he was shocked, HB looked relieved that I was free and unharmed. I floated down and landed in between them, then diminished my surging power, containing it within my body instead of having it flow freely around me. My eyes lost their glow, but returned to their natural state, which is different from the eyes Entity had seen, but were normal for me. Entity regained his composure and sent me dirty looks and scouls.
“SO yOU TRiCkeD Me?” He said with a poisonous tone. “oH wElL, aNy AllY OF HIS wILl bE KiLlEd.” As he was saying this, I felt as though there were another pair of eyes watching us. Entity tensed up for a second, yup, there was definitely someone else here, and judging by his scoul it had to be Notch.
“Come on out,” I called, trying to force him out of wherever he was watching. “No need to hide Notch, unless you want us to think you're a coward.” I finished my tease shrugging. I glanced over my shoulder at Entity, and oh boy you should have seen his face, I swear if he didn’t have jaws, the bottom of his mouth would be touching the floor. HB was snickering at the scenario. Then I heard a snarl and felt an ominous presence, I smirked knowing I provoked him. Turns out he was watching everything play out, right next to the cage I was previously trapped in. I was startled to say the least, but I didn’t dare show it on my face. He was a balding man with black beard and mustache. He wore a slightly tattered reddish-brown shirt, and deep brown pants, he also wore black sneakers. His raven eyes emanate his anger, power, and corruption, no one could save him, not even his own brother. I never took my eyes off his form as he slowly lowered himself to the arena floor.
   “Happy now?” He asked, seemingly displeased or annoyed. He looks between me and HB, and right at Entity. “Come.” Entity instantly snapped himself free from shock and teleported behind, and slightly to the right of Notch. HB came next to me, and we prepared ourselves for a 2v2. ‘Oh boy, this is gonna be rough!’
------------------------------------------------------------
    Tensions built as we sized each other up, we stood there just staring at our opponents. All of us watching, waiting, for someone to make the first move. Time seemed to slow, a lone cloud crossed the sky, temporarily cloaking us in shadows. The darkness revealed the evil nature of others, Notch’s was as large and terrifying as always, however Entity’s was a small pathetic weak flame, HB’s dark smoke was larger than that, but it’s different. It has taken the form of smoke instead of fire, he has changed, but his dark past remains, like a cloud of black smoke.
   I was surprised to say the least, but a gust of wind hurried the little cloud along, bringing light to the arena once more. But what I saw gave me hope for Entity. I wanted to tell HB, or maybe fight Entity myself, but Notch had other plans. He lifted up his hand, and a small spark of light appeared. He didn’t hesitate, didn’t wait a single second, he just released the light, aimed right at HB. I instantly stood in front of him and blocked the attack with my left arm, but I wasn’t prepared for his next move. The blast from the light exploded, no one took any damage, but it clouded our field of vision for a split second, and that’s all he needed. He used his superspeed and pushed me away from HB. His move caught me off guard, but Notch had successfully separated us, he had paired himself against me, and Entity against HB. This was going to get messy.
    We fought for what seemed like forever, neither side gaining any lead in our battle. All of us were paired off with our equals, despite the fact Notch and I had been fighting for so long neither of us had broken a sweat and we were covered in minor injuries. HB and Entity, however, were locked in an intense battle, both nearing their ends in magical strength and all bloodied up. I needed to end this, but I couldn’t pull away from my current fight. If I decided to go after Entity, Notch would then go after HB, and he wouldn’t last very long. I had to get Notch out of the equation, and I had just the way to do so. It involved more acting, for at least a little, then Entity and I could talk.
    I gave a worried look over to HB who was still focused solely on his fight. This opened up a window of opportunity for Notch, and knowing him, he would take it. He did, he saw my distracted and unguarded self and summoned as much power as he could muster and fire it at my vital spot. I could hear the energy coming my way, and turned my head to see what he did, and I did not like it. I felt the impact right on my vital area, and heard a sickening cracking sound. And I was flown into the far wall, and then dropped into the lava. But it was part of my act, I had managed to protect my vital spot with a weak and thin barrier. Well it hadn’t gone 100% according to my plan, but it worked. Notch was feeling good, thinking he had won against me, Entity and HB had stopped their fight and were temporarily talking. Well Entity was silent, it was mostly Notch being an egotistical brat and bragging, while HB was throwing insults like a child. But what none of them had realized was that Notch had gotten dirty, splattered with my blood. He was unaware of what I was about to do.
   While I was chillin in the lava, I sent my power to the spilled blood and activated a curse. It’s called Blood Shackles, basically I can bind anything with these indestructible chains made from my blood. And I sprung this curse on Notch, you should have seen his face, he was dumbfounded. Entity too was shocked and was just standing there helplessly as his ‘master’ was struggling in his chains. And as for HB, he was laughing his butt off, mocking his brother. Notch struggled and squirmed, and cursed and spat vile threats, as if that could save him. I also chuckled at Notch’s predicament, as he saw me rising out of the lava he was silent, but never stopped giving me dirty and deadly looks.
------------------------------------------------------------
   “Well look how the tables have turned?” I said smugly, but I knew Notch would try and break out of there so it was best to get him out of here, and ourselves asap! So I lifted my hand up towards Notch, it glowing a bright purple. I could see the look of fear in Entity’s eyes out of the corner of my own, but I wasn't going to kill him. Instead the purple glow surrounded Notch and the chains binding him, until puff! He was gone, teleported someplace far away and still chained up. I didn’t waste a single section as I used lightning to teleport myself and the other two to a more secluded and secret location.
   “Are we far enough?HB asked, it seemed he had caught onto my plan.
   “We should be, but we should work fast, just in case.” I answered while walking over to a frightened and confused Entity.
“WhAT aRe YoU pLanNinG?” He asked, backing away from me. He couldn’t get very far, and backed himself into a tree.
“Don’t be afraid, I have no intentions of destroying you, just want to talk.” I said in a calming voice. He nodded his head shakily, so I continued. “I noticed you were hesitant and actually silently refused to destroy or hurt me while I was pretending to be a normal person. You aren’t like Notch’s other puppets, you have morals. Now I have a question for you, do you want to be free?” He was shocked, while I was talking he had lowered his head, but now it snapped back up, staring at me with hopeful eyes.
“You CaN DO ThaT?” He asked, as if it were too good to be true. But then the sadness returned to his face. “I cOuLd nEvEr Be a NoRmaL pErsOn. I’M noT a GOod gUy.”
    “You don’t have to change, I’m not asking for that.” I said. “I’m asking if you would like to be free from Notch’s control and influence. You don’t need to listen to him, be who you want to be. It can be a good guy, a bad guy, or a bit of both, like my friend here.” I pointed to HB, he wasn’t expecting me to drag him into this, but I did.
Well I mean yeah I guess so,He was a bit hesitant of what exactly to say, but I urged him on and he continued. “I’ve done bad things, I still do, but just not as often. I’ve always been pegged as the bad guy, so I became what everyone feared, then ---- saved me from that point of view. Now I help who I want to, and I hurt who I want. You can too, if you take his hand and break free from my brother’s influence.
I nodded in aprovement, and stretched out my hand to Entity. If he took it Notch would lose another pawn, the strings that bound Entity to him would be gone. However if he didn’t, then he would never be free, and  Entity would be Notch’s puppet forever.
    He looked hesitant, unsure of what to do. He looked as though he wanted to, but something was holding him back. We stood there for a long time, and I started to lose hope in him, I thought he would decline my offer. But then, after waiting for an eternity, he made his decision. As he raised his hand, I could see and hear the marionette strings breaking. And as the two of us shook hands, Entity changed, he became more confident and he became a free soul.
    It’s been centuries since Entity 303 was released from Notch’s control. And although he and HB don’t necessarily get along, they no longer fight to kill.
    Sabre finished the long but interesting story, but who was this HB person, and Notch, never heard of them before. I wanted to ask more questions, but the Sabre was done with his notes and I wanted out.
    “Nice story, but since you're done with both it and your notes can we please get out of here?” I whined.
    Sabre giggled but agreed. “Yeah I’m all set, I'll try and portal us back.”
    “Ok," I said, then realized something. “Wait, what do you mean by ‘try’?”
    “Well as I previously explained, I don’t have the magic I used to, and I’ve used a lot while we were here to speed up our search. So I can’t guarantee we will arrive exactly at the clearing, but it should be close.” He explained. I guess that thought never crossed my mind, yet another reason why I need to learn how to teleport ENTITY! DoN’t BlAMe mE bEcAuSe YoU cAn’T dO SomEThiNg SO SiMpLe. As Entity and I started arguing about the teleportation thing, Sabre whipped out his sparkly Galaxy Sword and sliced the air with it, creating a strip of space in the Dark Archives. It was a beautiful mass and swirls of purple, blues, and black, and white sparkles. Entity piped down as I looked over to Sabre with a happy smile, at least it was a smile till I saw how Sabre’s shoulders drooped, how slack and bent over his position was. I guess I never realized just how drained he must be, made me feel bad.
    “Hey man, you doing ok?” I asked, genuinely concerned for my friend.
    “Yeah I’m fine, just a bit tired, that's all.” He gave me a tired, yet reassuring smile. I smiled back at him and stepped through the portal. This time I didn’t trip over my feet on the squishy floor, and ending up flat on my face. But instead of seeing a circle of trees, and a small clearing, the first thing I saw was a gigantic field littered with rows of flat gray things poking up from the ground. I heard footsteps behind me, and I knew it was Sabre. The second he stepped through though, he stopped abruptly. I realized where we were, we were back on the final fight zone, and the gray things were headstones. We were at a graveyard for those who had fallen during the great war.
    “Heh. Sorry, guess I overshot us a bit.” He said with a nervous laugh. I knew he was exhausted, and I’m assuming this place was a bit of a sore topic, so I didn’t question it.
    “Meh, it’s ok, I was in the mood for a walk anyways.” I said, looking over my shoulder and giving Sabre a funny smile. He gave me a relieved look and said,
    “Well it’s a far walk, if we want to beat Nathan and Shark we should go now.”
    “Oh right!” I said remembering my earlier fetesh about beating the others and bragging about it. “Lets go!” I said and ran off in the direction I thought was to the clearing. I heard Sabre laughing at my enthusiasm before jogging to catch up with me.
    The sun was beginning its decont in the sky, but I could see the tree line. We would be at the meet up spot soon. We had been relatively quiet the entire way, so I thought I’d try and make conversation with Sabre.
    “Hey Sabre, after we free your friend, what will you do next?” I asked. He pondered the question for a moment before responding.
    “I think I’ll catch him up with the new world, show him around, introduce him to my new friends, and adventure like we used to.” He said with a smile.
    “Wait I’m confused, are you staying or are you leaving?”
    “Both,” he said with a small laugh. “I want Lu-my closest friend to meet my new friends. Then I want us, all 5 of us, to go explore and adventure.” That really made me smile.
    “Yeah, that sounds awesome!” I said with a gigantic smile. “Hey, maybe you can tell us some stories from before the war?” I offered.
    “Yeah I’ve got some spooky, and some funny stories to tell! And I’m sure Lu-ack, I mean The Dungeon Master does too.”
    “Why are you avoiding his name?” I asked, this was the second time he almost said something but cut himself off. I was weird, and worrying.
    “Well, I… that’s a story for later ok?” It seemed as if he were asking instead of telling me so, so I nodded and said, “sure man, but someday I want to hear his name!” The two of us laughed, it felt good to joke and laugh with Sabre. We continued to talk and walk, we were so close to the edge of the field when I felt something splatter on my face. It startled me for sure, until I realized it was just a bit of rain. I was about to make a joke to Sabre, when I saw how grim and serious he looked.
    “Dude it’s just some rain, no need to get all freaked out,” I said, trying to reassure the both of us.
    “No this is bad… how is he here!” Sabre panicked, now I was starting to panic too.
    “Hey man you’re freaking me out, what is it?!” I asked.
    “Remember when I told you about Entity’s past?” He asked. Is this dude seriously questioning my excellent memory at a time like this?
    “Yes of course, you told me only a couple of hours ago. What about it?”
    “The past has a way to catch up with you…”
    “Sabre please enough with the vague riddles, and just tell me!”
    “Notch is here.” he said in a dead and flat tone.
    I could feel my blood boil and freeze at the same time. Entity stirred within me, he was angry, but also fearful. After the story I heard, I don’t blame him, I was also afraid, then I realized something even more worrisome. Sabre was already drained tired from all the spells and teleporting us. If he was on par with Notch last time, now that he’s lost most of his powers how would we fare now? Entity…?  I said in my head, hoping for some reassurance that we would win, instead he remained quiet.
    “Ok, ok, no need to panic, just a power hungry, egotistical, and evil creator coming to get us.” I said trying to joke, but very clearly panicking.
    “Moose, Entity listen, we can’t run, we have to fight. I may not have the strength I used to, but I can still fight him. I know you wont run, even if you want to, even if I tell you too. Just be careful please.” He said calmly, I nodded my head to what he was saying. I didn’t plan on ditching Sabre again, but I for sure don’t wanna die.
    “Nice pep talk, what’s the plan though?” I asked, my voice was less panicked but still carried a worried tone.
    “The plan is, if you're up for it, for me to bring forth a few ‘friends’ to help us, meaning I need a bit of time. Can you and Entity distract Notch for a little while?”
    I wanted to scream at him, call him insane, but he was right, me and Entity had more power than him.  Besides, if us baiting a lunatic god would buy us enough time to survive this encounter, why wouldn’t I do it? You in Entity? I asked him through my thoughts. YeS, LetS dO It! I felt a familiar energy surge throughout my body and I let it, I mentally schooched over to allow Entity better mobility and freedom. I could feel parts of my body start to glitch, and the vision in my left eye became red. I stole a glance at Sabre and nodded my head, confirming that I was ready. He nodded as well and began pulling items from his inventory. Some I recognized like The Galaxy Sword, The Shadow Sword, and The Rainbow Pickaxe. But he also pulled out armor I didn’t recognize, a shield, 3 crystals; one white, one black and the other rainbow, and a sceith?! He put on the armor and attached the shield and scieth to his back. Then he lined up the rest of the artifacts from left to right. He looked back up at me with his blindfolded eyes.
“Ok I’m done preparing, now I just need some time, watch my back till I’ve finished ‘kay?” He said.
“Yeah don’t worry I’ve got your back, and your front, hehe!” I joked. Sabre smirked at my foolishness, while Entity face palmed us.
“FoCus, He cOULd BE aNywhEre.” Entity said.
“Right.” I hushed up and started looking at the sky all around us. The rain continued to pour down on us, and the occasional lightning strike. It seems just like any natural storm, if it wasn’t for the murderous aura emanating from anything and everything. It was nerve racking, I couldn’t tell where an attack was coming from, if one was even coming.
“Almost there…” Sabre said. Good, the sooner he was done, the sooner we could get out of here. Unfortunately for us Notch was waiting for this moment, the moment Sabre’s energy was at its most powerful, and where the slightest stray thought would cause the energy to spiral out of control. A lone lightning strike, a normal one just like all the rest, was coming down straight towards Sabre. Me and Entity flew up and redirected the lightning to the left, that’s when he made his move. While me and Entity had flown up to intercept the lightning, Notch was flying down. He flew so fast we couldn’t react in time, he landed in front of Sabre and multiplied the energy Sabre had gathered, causing it to become unstable. Entity had pushed me out and summoned a fireball and launched it at our foe. Notch jumped back and Entity landed, standing in between Sabre, who was desperately trying to get the spells energy under control, and Notch who had a sadistic smile and black goo streaming from his eyes like tears.
“NoTCh…” Entity spat.
“Entity, it’s been a long time.” He responded, almost sad. “Do you know how heartbroken I have been since you betrayed and left me? Don’t worry, I will forgive you, I can fix you IF you come back with me.”
Entity look at that weird stuff coming out of his eyes… it almost looks like that tary black stuff that was on that monster.
“Oh SwEEt chAos…” He said.
Wait, did you only just realize that stuff?! It’s literally coming out of his eyes, it's on his face! I mentally screamed, and he thinks I’m the idiot.
“SaBer…” Entity called out, Sabre looked up, it seemed like he was finally getting that spell back under control. “yUO miGhT WaNt To SeE ThIs.”
“What I’m a bit preoccupied Entity!” Sabre said, struggling to keep the spell from exploding. Entity turned to the side, allowing Sabre to get a good look at our opponent. “Oh no, Notch…”
“What do YOU want?” Now that he could see Sabre, his personality did a complete 180. He glared daggers at him, and his icey voice now dripped with venom.
“How could you have fallen this much? Were you infected, or did you choose to take on its power?” Sabre asked as though he were a parent disappointed at their child for lying. Honestly I was shocked, and a bit confused.
“Wouldn’t you like to know.” Notch said with new found cockyness. I could see a vein pop out on Sabre’s head, that comment clearly ticked him off, but then he put on his own cocky grin.
“Well our little chat gave me just enough time to finish the spell.” Sabre said. The glow from the spell began to expand and soon covered all of us. Me and Entity were temporarily blinded, but when the light finally dissipated there were new people behind us. The first was a man whose skin was like the ripples Sabre had created using The Galaxy Sword. Next to him was another guy, but he was slightly smaller than the first man. His skin was multi-colored, in fact his skin was every color of the rainbow. And there was a rainbow crystal shaped like a heart in his chest, the same rainbow crystal I saw Sabre pull out earlier. Next to him was a guy who looked exactly like Sabre, the only difference was that his skin and clothes were different shades of black and gray. It was freaky, he was like Sabre’s doppelganger, but he also gave off bad vibes, I didn’t like him, Entity didn’t either. The last two were next to the dark version of Sabre. They looked like twins, both were the same height and wore similar clothing but something set the two apart. The one on the left was purely white, the one to the right was entirely black! It took me a minute to realize all but the Sabre look alike were Steves, meaning that from left to right their names had to be Galaxy Steve, Rainbow Steve, White or Light Steve, and Dark or Black Steve. All of them had their eyes closed, not yet conscious or aware of what was happening around them. Sabre stood behind his newly summoned allies, exhausted and pale, but decked out in his shiny armor I wasn’t all too concerned. Slowly all of them opened their eyes, they looked shocked, but happy to see each other, well all but the Sabre clone, he also had a bandana covering his eyes so I couldn’t tell if he was awake or not.
   “Oh it feels good to not be a sword! Hey Rainbow Steve, Light Steve, long time no see!” Galaxy Steve said cheerfully, seemingly unfazed by everything.
   “Hey Galaxy! Now you know how I felt when I first got turned into a pickaxe!” Rainbow Steve said, pulling out a glowing stick.
   “Guys, it is amazing to see all of you again, but save the bickering for later, we have a situation here.” The light colored Steve said in a flat tone staring right at Notch.
   “I agree Light Steve, let's save the reunions for a later time. Shadow, no funny business ok?” Sabre said, directing the last part to his dark clone. The dark Sabre chuckled, saying
   “As much as I would love to side with a being of darkness, I really hate this guy!” The dark clone, or Shadow growled and summoned a sword that almost looked like The Shadow Sword. It didn’t just look like The Shadow Sword, I think it WAS The Shadow Sword, and Rainbow summoned The Rainbow Pickaxe, and Galaxy Steve summoned The Galaxy Sword. I was shocked, and amazed Sabre managed to summon all of these guys. Entity was glad to see some familiar faces as well, but then turned to say something to Notch. Let me tell you when we saw the look of absolute shock and terror on his face, I burst out laughing, Entity started grining too. I liked our odds, we outnumbered him 8 to 1, and our combined power surely topped his own.
‐------------------------------------------------------------------------
   All of us stood strong, Notch still looked nervous, shockingly though he gave a loud shout and charged at us! It threw me off guard and we had no time to react, thankfully Sabre did. He whipped out his shield and jumped up front, this little defense didn’t faze the still screaming Notch. However the shield's edges started to glow and a glowing cyan wall of pure energy spread out and shielded all of us. While the shield did its magic, it was far too late for Notch to stop or change tactics. Instead all of us watched, much to Entity’s delight, Notch’s shocked face collide into the energy wall, smushing it and making him look stupid and dumb. I could hear Galaxy Steve laughing and Rainbow trying to stifle both of their giggles. Light Steve was smirking, and Dark Steve was using his hand to hide his giggles. Entity was dying of laughter, and I was snickering, but Sabre’s face remained stoic and emotionless.
Notch had stumbled back and took a single moment to process what had happened, but it only made him turn from mad, to furious. His face turned from a pale white to a deep tomato red, his black void eyes slitted so much I couldn’t tell if they were open or not. He raised both his hands and started to chant something I couldn’t understand. The glow from the shield died out and Sabre stood back up.
   “Get ready Shadow.” Sabre said, dead serious.
   “Yeah yeah, I know.Shadow said, clearly annoyed. “You all might wanna get behind us.” He walked up to Sabre’s side and handed The Shadow Sword to Sabre, then proceeded to raise his hands as well. The rest of us filed behind both Sabre’s. Honestly I wanted to see what was happening, but I was behind Dark Steve and couldn’t see much ahead of me. So, being the curious Moose that I am, I stuck my head out to the side only to wish I hadn’t. The black liquid coming out of Notch’s eyes had gone from streams to waterfalls, and it only grew larger with all that energy he was summoning to his outstretched hands. I was disgusting, swirls of brown, white all muddled together with the occasional random color swirl as well. But what made it disgusting was the black stuff dripping off of it. I wanted to hurl, and it appears Sabre changed his plans, because last second he tossed the sword back to his clone, ‘Shadow’. Notch launched the extremely large, ugly, and disgusting energy ball at us. I should have ducked, but I was too captivated to look away. And I’m glad I didn’t! Shadow absorbed the icky-sticky black dripping stuff while Sabre absorbed the rest of the energy. Although the shockwave was not absorbed and knocked me onto my butt. I landed with an “Oof!” and looked up to see the light Steve offering me a hand.
   “That is why you should have stayed behind them.”
   “Yeah yeah, lesson learned.” I grumbled, but I didn’t refuse his hand. I grabbed it and he hoisted me back onto my feet. Only to hear another enraged cry come from Notch.
   “I’m trying! But they just won’t die! I can’t win, that’s what I’ve been saying!” Who was Notch talking too? I looked at my new allies, but they looked just as puzzled as I felt. Even Sabre was confused, then all color drained from his face.
S-Shadow-” Sabre stuttered. Shadow looked at him and they shared a long silent conversation, at least I think so, honestly they just stared at each other. Then Shadow’s expression mirrored Sabre’s.
Oh blissful nothingness!” He said with fear and exasperation. What were they talking about? What did they know that we didn’t? What do they fear? And why, why has Notch’s cocky and sinister grin returned?
   Sabre’s pov:  Okay, not good, but there’s no way! He was sealed away by The Dungeon Master during the final battle, so how is he communicating with Notch?! My mind swam with questions, each one more deep and concerning than the last. They raced and clashed within my mind causing my breath to quicken and my vision blurred. NO! Stop it Sabre! Get a grip! Calm down, save the questions for later. Not now, right now we have to defeat or at the very least distract him long enough for Moose or myself to get Shark and Nathan out of the vicinity.
   Notch was smiling again, maybe he saw my panic, or maybe HE gave him some reassurance or a plan, either way this was going to be rough. I got into a fighting stance, so did Shadow. I could hear two of my Steve friends fly, assumingly Rainbow and Galaxy. I could see Dark Steve over to my right, and to my left I could see Light Steve helping Moose up and standing protectively in front of him. Moose looked disgusted, and a bit shaken up, but unhurt, good.
Focusing back on Notch he raised his fist and lightning struck on and all around him. The world no, my vision, faded and became white, too white for me to see anything. Even with my bandana I was forced to shield my eyes from the blinding lights. When it all went away, I was shocked to see that nothing happened. I looked around, expecting reinforcements, summoned monsters, or something! But there was nothing. I could hear the others looking around too, then someone broke the silence.
“Yo what was that?” Moose said, too cocky for my liking. “Nothing happened, and we’re all ok! PatHeTiC.” His glitched voice indicated Entity had finished Moose’s thought. Notch was unaffected by their taunts, and his grin gave me bad vibes. Then the silence gave way to deep rumbling.
   The earth shook and groaned as if in pain. The tremors made the ground unstable, and caused me to stumble onto my knees. Scratching pounding sounded from beneath the ground, but more like from behind Notch’s smiling person. The groaning and scratching stopped as a mangled and darkly colored limb sprouted from the soil. But not just one, multiple popped out, and began dragging larger body parts out of their earthly graves.
  …
   Graves…
      Oh no!
          The graves!
   Looking at one of the dark figures that had almost fully freed itself from the ground, I could see armor, a symbol that made my stomach churn. It was the symbol of our army, the knights of light and creation. Notch had not summoned any ordinary darkness, he used the darkness to revive our soldiers that had been buried after the war! If my eyes weren’t hidden behind this blindfold everyone would see them popping out of my head.
   “Notch! You’ve gone too far!” I heard Rainbow yell.
   “Yeah man, you disturbed our friends' sleep!” Galaxy added, he was so innocent.
   “Oh boohoo! I raised the dead! Only a God could do such things! You should be worshiping me! Who knows I might even spare some of you, others I’ll grant a quick and painless death.” He said, clearly amused with what he said. Notch chuckled which deepened into a little laugh, then burst out in a maniacal and evil laugh. I could feel my stomach sink, and my blood boil. The tremors had ceased, almost all of the fallen soldiers had escaped the earth. I stood up, feeling my rage build up. I pulled out my scieth, I don't normally like using it, but right now I wanted nothing more than to rip him to shreds. I heard Shadow chuckle, the others were all ready and waiting for my signal.
   “Guys, “ I said, “let ‘em have it!”
   Those 5 little words are what started a blood bath, us vs Notch’s dark legion of the undead.
   Mose’s pov: We had been fighting for some time now, hundreds of the undead soldiers had already fallen. But there were still many many more still moving. I watched as Sabre, his twin, and his Steve friends fought Notch’s army. I watched, but I wasn’t the one fighting.
Sabre and his shadow self were both killing machines! Tearing through the battlefield and enemies like they were paper. Galaxy steve was in the air scattering the enemies and thinning their numbers further. Light and Dark Steve were the ones who created the front line. Light moved at the speed of light to keep the undead at bay, while Dark Steve consumed them in the shadows. Rainbow Steve was mostly on support, any undead that got past the Yin Yang twins he took care of. Also he was keeping me in sight, guess I was being babysat. Rude! VeYry. Entity agreed.
   All in all the fight seemed to be going well, but something was bothering me. Where did Notch go? For someone with so much confidence why would he just leave? It bothered me alot… Entity, do you sense him? If i dID I WouLD TelL YoU. This made me really nervous, no one seemed to have noticed Notch’s absence. Or if they did, they didn’t have the time to start looking around.
   “Hey Rainbow colored Steve-man!” I shouted.
   “Huh- wait me?!” He asked, clearly perplexed and a little offended.
   “Yeah”
   “My name’s Rainbow Steve. Is something wrong?” He asked.
   “Uh yeah there is, I don’t see Notch, where’d he go?” I asked the troubling question.
   “Oh well he’s, uhm…” He hesitated, guess he only just noticed. “That's not good.”
   “Yeah we don’t sense him anywhere! It’s freaking me out!” I was starting to panic.
   “Ok uhm don’t worry, Hey Galaxy Steve!” Rainbow shouted, and somehow above the ruckus of battle the starry Steve heard him.
   “WHAT?!” He shouted from afar.
   “Do you see Notch anywhere?”
   “No…?” He said more like a question than an answer.
   “K, Keep an eye out for him and tell us when you see him ok?” Rainbow shouted and said Steve flew higher into the air. “See nothing to worry about we got this, uuhhhhh…”
   “Moose, my name’s Moose.” I said.
   “Nice to meet ya-”
   “Look out!”
         *Boom*
   “Oh No Rainbow!” I heard someone shout, I don’t know who though.
   *cough cough* “You ok Rainbow?” I asked.
   “Yeah thanks to you,” he said. When I saw a laser, fire beam thingy coming towards us, I managed to glitch the two of us out of the way, but barely. I could still feel the searing heat of the attack on my arms, but at least we were both alive.
   With most of the undead gone we all grouped back up. None of us escaped this battle unscathed, but the damage to us was minimal minor scratches and bruises. Even with the enemies cleared I STILL couldn’t see Notch. Had he run away? And what the heck blasted that attack and me and Rainbow?! Too many questions, but at least it was over.
   “It’s over right?” I asked.
   “Looks like it.” Galaxy siad rather chipper. But our enemies had a second opinion.
   Thunder sounded not too far from us and Notch stepped out. He had an unnerving grin plastered on his face.
“Seems you managed to defeat my minions,” He said, clapping at our accomplishment. “But, I wonder, will you defeat them?” He said and side stepped as something horrible emerged from the lightning. It almost looked like a steve but it was red with white scar looking patches, and dripping the same black ooze. It was revolting to look at. But more kept coming, hundreds of them! If that wasn’t bad enough, out stepped not one, not two, but THREE of those ugly ink monsters similar to the one we fought in the dungeon. I gulped knowing that we were in over our head. Sabre and his companions seemed worried too, but Sabre held his ground.
   “This is gonna be a looooong night.” He said sarcastically. I couldn’t help but snicker at his comment. And the others added their own sounds of agreement or laughter. Round two starts now!
   Sabre’s pov: There was just no end to them! Every time we struck one Deamon Steve down, five more replaced it. All of us were growing exhausted, I doubted we could keep this up for much longer. To make matters worse we still had to deal with the dark behemoths. All of us were fighting in a close circle, practically back to back. This was not a fight we could afford to lose, but our chances of victory were slim. I had to get Moose out of here, if he could regroup with Nathan and Shark, then maybe they could free The Dungeon Master themselves.
We fought for a long time, it was pitch black out, and in the darkest of nights the darkness grows stronger. Thankfully we had thinned down the number on Demon Steves, there weren’t many left, but now we had to take down the behemoths. I had to think of a strategy, but somehow Moose was one step ahead of us.
“Hey, I remember the last time you beat one of those things, it was by slicing its underside, right?” He asked, although it was more of a rhetorical question. Still I nodded. “Great then I’ll- er WE,”he stuttered, referring to himself and Entity, “will flip them over, so you guys can cut them to ribbons!”
The others seemed hesitant and confused at his sudden confidence and cockyness, but I trusted and believed in him.
“Let’s do it.” I said. Moose smiled then glitched away. “Ok Dark Steve, Shadow, you two handle the Demon Steves, Light support them if and when necessary.”
“Then that leaves the three behemoths to the three of us right Sabre?!” Galaxy Steve asked a little too excitedly.
“Mhm, As soon as their undersides are exposed we strike!” I stated, just like the war comander I used to be. Suddenly the three massive creatures of darkness charged at us. But before they managed to get too close something weird happened. There was a lot of thunder sounding, but no visible lightning. The behemoths started to glitch and act weird, backing up, seemingly in pain, then out of nowhere they flipped themselves over onto their backs like an excited puppy waiting for belly rubs. And right in front of them sood Moose, trying to do a thumbs-up pose, but was visibly exhausted.
“How did he-?” Rainbow started to ask, but I interrupted him.
“Strike now, questions later.” With that being said all three of us charged at the exposed creatures. All of us dealt lethal blows to the behemoths and instantly they disappeared in a glob of liquid darkness. And, after quickly scanning the battle field, Dark, Shadow, and Light had finished the last of the Demon Steves. Now all of us were once again in a group, but I was nearly out of energy, and our toughest opponent was right in front of us. Notch was looking at us in shock and fear, guess he thought we’d be dead, or near dead so he wouldn’t have to fight all of us at once, too bad for him his plan failed. We had to finish this quickly, I was getting a bad feeling of danger if we prolonged this struggle any further.
“It’s over Notch! We beat your goons, now we’ll beat you, HA!” Moose stated with every confidence in the world.
Oh you think you’ve won?” Notch said, or rather the voice was coming from Notch, but the tone, and feel of this voice formed a lump in my stomach that threatened to pull me to the Earth's core. His chuckle darked the mood and the sky further, his voice growing deeper with each breath. I know that laughter, that voice anywhere, HE was back. Without thinking I immediately returned everyone to their respective items and stashed them away for safety.
“Woah Sabre, what’s going on?” Moose asked worry and fear interlaping in his voice.
“We have to get out of here.” I said, not caring to hide the clear panic and distress in my voice.
“What why? We can totally take him.” He said, attempting to reassure me.
“No, maybe if I had all my powers we would stand a slight chance, but I don’t, and you two can't take him on” I said, it was rather stern, but I had to get the point through, no time for sugar coating the dire situation.
“B-but Sabre… who IS this guy?” Moose stuttered, I guess my fear and desperation was starting to affect him.
Why I’m NotchNotch? smiled.
“No youre not, I know when someone is being possessed, and Notch was quaking like a girl, and you’re all full of confidence and ego.” Moose sassed, “like what are you an edge lord?”
I couldn’t help but facepalm, I get he was trying to lighten the situation, but sassing, no worse, he was practically provoking HIM! HE just raised an eyebrow in amusement. I knew what he was about to do, welp he was going to find out sooner or later.
I guess in a way I am an edge lord…he chuckled his deep, sinister chuckle. “However I am so much worse, isn’t that right … ‘Sabre’ is it?He eyed me tauntingly, he was trying to provoke me, but poor Moose stared at me in fear and confusion.
“Wait Sabre, you know him?” He asked.
“How could I forget him…” I answered, “Moose you need to get out of here, I’ll distract him.”
“No!” He protested rather loudly. “I’m not leaving you here alone!”
“Moose you HAVE to, you’ll die if you stay!” I said, attempting to reason with his stubborn butt. However, to my dismay, he shook his head ‘no’ in defiance. “Listen Moose, that thing is way more powerful than both of us combined, it’s stronger that all four of us combined!”
“Well how do you know, huh?!”
“BECAUSE THIS IS THE LEADER OF THE DARKNESS! THE THING MY BEST FRIEND SACRIFICED HIS FREEDOM AND HIS LIFE TO SEAL AWAY! HE IS THE GREAT ENEMY!” I shouted I had lost my patience, Moose had to flee the truth was the only option. “Now RUN, find your friends and get the flip out of here! I’ll buy you as much time as possible.”
   “N-no…” Moose said weakly.
How amusing…HE purred. “But I’m afraid our little reunion has gone on long enough, good bye.” A large purple and black energy sphere appeared in his outstretched hand, gathering energy to obliterate myself and Moose.
“Moose run, NOW!” He immediately turned tail and bee-lined it right for the forest in order to escape the blast. I however jumped up, and engaged my ancient foe once more.
   Moose’s pov: I had somehow managed to make it safely to the bushes, I turned around out of breath looking for my friend, only to be horrified by what I was seeing. Sabre was out there, ALONE, engaging the most powerful anime in the history of, well history! I was at a loss for words, not just because I was panting like a dog, but also because I was too afraid to speak out due to the crushing magnitude of the situation. Something else was bothering me though. Entity hasn’t said anything since we helped Sabre, Galaxy, and Rainbow take down those behemoths. Looking at my hands I realized that I had overdone it with his powers, so I split from him. Not like a full on ‘I’m kicking him out of my body’ split, just un merging our abilities and spirits.

      *CRASH*

  Snapping my attention back to the grave yard I see Sabre getting up after taking a major hit. I had to help him, I had to get to Shark and Nathan. I ran, I hated it, hated turning my back on my friend and running like a coward. But what choice did I have?! Stay and die? No not after what Sabre has done, and is doing. Not after what Entity did… I wasn’t going to throw away my life no matter what, I promised, and I don’t break promises. I kept running as the sounds of their conflict grew fainter. Finally I could see the thick brush that concealed the clearing. I heard 3 more bangs go off before I barreled into the circle, hands on my knees and gasping for air. I somehow managed to croak out
   “Sabre, fighting, HELP!” Nathan and Shark looked worried and confused, and asked for a further explanation, but there was no time. So with the breath I just managed to collect I demanded Nathan teleport all 3 of us to the graveyard.
   “Uhm, ok man” He said, very confused.
   When we arrived, the battle was over. The ground was scorched, chunks were missing, black ooze was EVERYWHERE, and standing in the middle were two figures. I couldn’t make out which was Sabre though. But then one of the figures collapsed.