The Scroll

Sharks pov: Nathan and I had been walking for hours, currently we were eating some lunch under a maple tree. I was eating a PB and J sandwich while Nathan ate a ham sandwich.

“Hey Shark, how much farther do we have to travel until we get there?” Nathan asked with his mouth full of ham.

“First off, don’t speak with your mouth full, “I chidded. “Second, we still have a days worth of traveling left.”

“You’re kidding right?! A DAYS worth of travel! Why are we wasting time here!” Nathan yelled. I shook my head a little, but then realized something.

“Wait Nathan can’t you just teleport us there?”

“Oooooooohhhhhhhh yeeeeaaaahhhh… O forgot about that, hehe” He said, very much embarrassed. “Wait, where is the council room?”

“Well it keeps moving, so only my dad knows,” I said while facepalming. “So just teleport to my house, my dad will be able to set up a meeting and get us there likity split.”

“Ok, finish your food and let's go!” He replied cheerfully, excited to not have to be walking all day. After inhaling the rest of my sandwich, I stood up and felt the familiar sensation of being moved as my vision was flooded with purple particles. Once they cleared up I saw my living room and a very surprised God Steve.

“Hey dad, sorry for the unannounced visit, it’s kinda urgent.” I said, rubbing the back of my head nervously.

“Andrew? Is it really you?” He asked in disbelief. I nodded my head ‘yes,’ if im being honest I expected a scolding or a some other negative reaction. Instead he came over and enveloped me in a hug. “It’s good to see you son, I wish you’d visit more often, or al all! But you said your here on urgent buisness, what is it? And who’s your friend?” He asked. 

“Right dad, this is Nathan, he’s one of my best friends, along with Moose.” I introduced him and Nathan offered out his hand.

“It’s a pleasure and an honor to meet you sir.” He said. My dad shook Nathan hand and said,

“Green and Purple Steve kid right?” And Nathan nodded his head. “I know Steves are few and far between, but I’m glad to see their still happy and prospering.”

“As for that business, you might want to sit down for this dad.” I said, he looked confused, but took a seat anyway, and so did Nathan and I. “So myself, Nathan here, and Moose may or may not have discovered some ancient ruins that turned out to be a dungeon, which turned out to be the current ‘resting place’ so to speak of a certain Dungeon Master.” He stared at me with wide eyes, good thing I told him to sit down. And if he’s shocked by that piece of news, oh gosh he’s gonna have a heart attack after I tell him about this next part. “That’s not all,” I said. “You see, we didn’t go in at first because I wanted to get Granny to translate the writing on the ruins, she didn't want to come, but she volunteered someone who was at her house for some reason. He could easily read the writings, and um, is a member of the Circle of Creation.” My poor dad was white as a ghost, which is amazing considering his blue body.

“W-which one?” He stuttered, almost as if he were scared. Something was off, and I remembered what happened at the ruins, so I chose my next words carefully.

“The one who was best friends with The Dungeon Master.” No traps, no guards, nothing. I let out a mental sigh, but my father was shocked still and speechless. It looked as though he were trying to piece together what I said, turning over each word with careful deliberation. Finally he said, 

“So this urgent business, is it related to him, or The Dungeon Master?”

“The dungeon Master, sir,” Nathan replied. “We wish to free him from his petrified state, and the reason myself and Shark have come is to request access to the completed list of forbidden spells and magic.”