Aftermaths, and Into The Past

[TW: This chapter includes implied character death and angst]

"It's me."

There, I said it, no more secrets, no more hiding, the truth was out. My new friends shut their mouths and looked at me, and I looked at them. Their expressions told me they didn't quite believe me, so I added, "the 6th creator disappeared after the Dungeon Master turned to stone, that creator's name is Elan, That is my true name. But please don't call me that, call me Sabre."

Silence. Dead silence followed my explanation, it was unnerving. And then the expected response came.

"Nu-uh. No way! How! What?" Moose exclaims, his brain visibly frying.

"..." Nathan was trying to process what I told him, but was still doubting it.

"Prove it." Shark said, a dead serious look on his face.

"Wha-how? Is it not obvious seeing as I can easily translate these texts, I know and have been to many dungeons, the Shadow Sword, the darkness, Entity 303 knowing who I am..." I was rudely interrupted by Moose when he blurted out,

"Wait he what?! Entity?"

"The signs are there, I'm not lying, it's your choice whether or not you believe me." I said a little sadly, I hope I don't lose these 3 as friends.

"Not what I mean, I mean take off the blindfold so we, so I can see your eyes." Shark said firmly.

"What..." As much as I wanted them to believe me, I couldn't, wouldn't take off the blindfold.

"I've seen pictures of the 6 creators, I know what they all look like. And although you bear a slight resemblance to him, your eyes will be enough to prove it." Shark explained very seriously.

"No," I said flatly. "I'm sorry but ask me to prove it another way, but I refuse to take this off."

Shark's firm and guarded look remained, and before I could squeeze out another word he turned his back on me and walked away. Nathan and Moose shared a confused look before Nathan turned on his heels and ran after Shark. Moose turned to look at me, a torn look on his face, like he wanted confirmation. I nodded my head and he turned around and chased after his other two friends.

Alone again, I thought to myself. Perhaps I should go? Even though I'm done hiding, and I finally found you my friend. It would be best for them if I disappeared. That sounded good, so I picked myself up and brushed the dirt off my pants before strolling into the forest. Leaving the ruins, and walking towards the setting sun to visit an all too familiar place, before resetting and hiding again.

Shark's pov: "Shark!" I heard Nathan calling my name, but I walked deeper into the dungeon.

"Shark Stop!" He called again, only this time he grabbed my shoulder, forcing me to stop and look him in the eyes. He was out of breath and worried, but also mad. "Dude don't ignore me like that!" He started, I could tell he was about to lecture me, but I was not going to have it, not today, not right now.

"Nathan let go, I'm going home." I said.

"What no! You need to take a breath and apologize to Sabre," Nathan said, a bit taken back by my statement.

"No. I'm not apologizing to him, I'm leaving! I'm so done with today!" I shouted.

"Dude I get it, today's been a roller coaster of emotions, but you can't just leave like that," Moose said. I didn't notice him jogging over to join us, but I could tell now he was distraught.

"Why can't I?" I asked, "when you feel as though you'll blow, leave. That's what my dad taught me, that's what I'm doing. I've had enough of this!" I shouted, letting all my emotions out. "I hate this! I hated using my powers! I hated Fighting that disgusting monster! I hated being trapped in the dark! I hated being dragged back into the world of my dad! I thought I finally escaped it, but nOoOoOo! I just so happened to get roped back in because of this stupid dungeon!" I could feel the tears streaking down my face, and the ones pooling up trapped by my glasses. So I took them off and whipped my eyes.