Turning Purple (1)

Keith:

My whole body throbbed in pain as I stirred awake. I tried opening my eyes but they felt heavy. I finally got them open after a few more tries but my room was so bright. Why was my room so bright? I groaned as the shining light blinded me.

"Whyyyy," I groaned to myself as I heaved myself out of the bed.

My head was throbbing in pain. My teeth hurt and my but hurt as well. My nails felt weird and everything was just so bright. And loud. I stumbled towards the bathroom as I scratched at my itchy skin. I huffed in annoyance as I opened the door. My eyes were still a bit blurry from sleep. I made my way over to the sink I closed my eyes as I opened the tap, just letting the sound of falling water fill my ears. I splashed some water onto my face, feeling the cool water relaxed me. I looked up into the mirror. I screamed.

There, looking right back at me, was a galra. Its ears sat on top of its head like cat ears. Its skin was a dark lilac colour. Darker purple stripes were sitting on its cheek. Its yellow eyes stared back at me with its purple pupil... and the galra was me.

I screamed for a second time as I couldn't believe it. How did I turn into a galra overnight? I felt something wrap itself around my leg. I flinched and bit back a scream as I looked down to find a tail. It had a tuff of dark fur at the end. Why was this happening to me?

Why why why why why why why why why-

"Keith? You alright in there?" I was interpreted by the sound of knocking.

I froze. What am I supposed to say? "No, I turned purple and now look like a galra?" No, that wouldn't go over too well.

"Keith? You're starting you worry me?" I could now tell that the voice was Pidge.

"Ye-yeah, everything's alright," I called back. I could hear how scratchy my voice sounded.

"I know you're not. I'm coming in!" Pidge cried before I heard the door open.

"PIDGE!? NO!" I screamed in terror as I scrambled to shut the bathroom door, quickly locking it.

I heard them sigh in frustration as they started banging on the door. They were demanding I let them in but I was too busy freaking out to notice or respond. My hands tangled with my hair as I tugged at it in frustration and panic. What was I supposed to do? I was now huddled against the far corner against the wall with my knees against my chest. I felt something wet fall into my lap. I moved one of my hands from my hair to touch my face and was surprised to find it wet. I then realized I was crying.

"KEITH! Please open the door. I can hear you crying," Pidge pleaded as they continued banging on the door.

I shook my head as I wiped at my wet cheek. I took in a shaky breath before trying to speak.

"J-just leave me al-alone! I-I'm fine!" I shakingly yelled.

I heard them stop banging and go silent. I thought they had walked away and left me alone. That thought went out the window as soon as the door busted open, showing a panting Pidge with their bayard in hand. I shriek in fear as I pushed myself further up against the wall. They took one look at me and just stared.

"You're a-"