Flurries (1)

Keith

"You're off the team."

Those four words made my brain come to a halt.

"What?" I asked as I turned to meet the glares of my teammates. My friends. My family.

"You heard us the first time. You're off the team," Shiro growled as he glared. "We're tired of a filthy galra walking around on this ship."

I could feel tears gathering in my eyes. I considered these people my family. I had opened up to them. And now they're leaving me. Just like everyone else. I sniffled as I looked down at the ground. I was trying so hard not to cry. I guess they didn't want me.

"O-Okay," I silently cried before looking back up at them. I saw Pidge holding out a small bag. They were refusing to meet my gaze.

"Go. We want you gone. We don't need a galra like you," they hissed as they shoved the bag not my arms.

I looked down at it for a few second before looking back up at the team for a last time. Only to find them gone. I held in my tears as I climbed into the escape pod and blasted of into space. After I saw a safe distance away, I let the tears start falling. Sobs racked my body as I curled up into a ball in the front seat. I was all alone agin.

I've been flying for days now. I was almost out of food and on my last bottle of water. I was tired and heart broken. Another sob escaped my lips. I was just aimlessy floating around in space. My mind was blank. I haven't seen a single planet or living thing yet. Was there even any thing out here? I was about to go to sleep when a light caught my attention. It wasn't too bright and it was a yellow-ish blue colour. It confused me. It wasn't the galra or the paladins. I knew that.

"What do I do?" I wondered out loud.

I had no defences to fight with and I did;t know either they were allys or enemies. I was so tired. I could feel my eye lids start to droop. No matter how hard I tried they wound't stay open. The last thing I was before being consumed by darkness as a ship.

"Wake up."

A voice rang through my mind as I floated in darkness. Everything hurt as tried opening my eyes. I groaned as I rolled onto my side. The bed beneath me was comfy and soft... wait! I quickly shot up into a sitting position. I looked around. I don't remember there being a bed in the pod. Nor do I remember the pods walls made of wood and other beds sitting around the room. It looked like I was inside one of those fairies or elves houses. Everything was made of wood with plenty of plants decorating the place. It was beautiful.

"Oh, you're finally awake," a cheery voice chirped from the right side of the room.

I looked towards the voice to see a small furry creature. Its fur was a pastel blue colour. It's eyes we're big and filled with kindness. A tail swished side to side behind the small creature. It had cat-like ears sitting on top their head. All I could do was stare as I looked at the alien.

"Who-who are you?" I managed to croak out. I sounded like a dying chicken. The creature quickly gave me a wood looking cup with water in it. The water soothed the burning in my throat as I drank.

"My name is Sky," they said while I drank the water. I know I should be more cautious but I was so thirsty. "And I'm a flurrie. Out scoutes spotted your ship so they brought you back here. They found you injured and starving so they brought you to here. I've never seen your species before. What are you?"

"We'll, I'm a half breed. My father was human while my mother..." I took a breath of air. "She was a galra."

I expected this creature to shout at me. To lock me up. I did not expect her to hug me. Nope. Out of all the thousand of thoughts running though my head, this was not one of them.

"Can you turn into one? We're not fond of what the galra do but you have a kind heart. And in my opinion, galra look really fluffy," Sky asked as they looked at me in wonder, arms still wrapped around my waist. They were extremely short compared to my. I'm guessing that if I stood up they would reach to around my waist height.

"I- uh- I do. Only half though. My full galra form only comes out when I'm in danger or extremely angry," I explained shyly. Why was I telling this to a creature I just met.

"Ohh, can I see?" Sky asked with interests.

"S-sure," I replied.

I closed my eyes and took a deep breath since I hadn't done this in a while. I cônes traiter and imagined all my galra traits. My eyes scrunched up in pain and relief as I finally let my traits outs. I felt my furry ears sprout atop my head. A purple tail sprouted and started swishing around. My nails grew and I felt my canines sharpen. Some of my skin turned purple and two dark purple stripes sat on either side of my face. I opened my eyes and the white parts of my eyes had a yellow tint of colour. I sighed in relief. It was hard to hold this all in all the time. I looked to see Sky's reaction and saw their eyes held fascination and wonder.

"That's amazing," they whispered as they reached up to touch my ears. They flicked downwards on instinct which made Sky giggle. "Do you want to stay at the village? You could be out protector since we're always struggling with the bigger creatures. Only if you want to though, there's no forcing you too," Sky asked. I smiled.

"I'd love stay," I replied. Maybe, just maybe, I can have a new family.

And it was one big hell of a family.

(A/N) There will be a part 2. And thank you to all those who read, vote, comment on this book. It makes me so happy to read all your nice comments.
(=
- MarMar