Flurries (2)

Keith

I had been on the planet for years now. About five, I think. I had come to know this place as home. I took care of all the children so that the older ones could help maintain the village. So I had become a kind of mother to them. I also became their protector from all the other creatures since they were so small. I had always been in my galra form now. None of the flurries minded? In fact, they seemed to love it. I'm right now I was walking through the village with three babies in my arms. One was sitting on top of my head holding onto my ears while another was clinging to my back. I was holding one in my arms as I fed it with a bottle. The two suns were shining as I walked under the trees, this planet at five moons and two subs, a big sun being circled by a smaller sun.

"Keef!" a small flurrie child squealed as I passed by a family. The small child ran up to me and hugged my leg. I chuckled as I picked them up.

"Hi, Misha. How are you?" I cued.

Since I had been here I had grown soft to the children that lived here. I loved them as if they were my own children. This whole village was one big happy family. Everyone worked together. Of course, it's not always happy. A few weeks after I had settled there had been an attack. A bunch of giant lions had destroyed the city. Luckily I was mostly healed by then and defeated them. Since then I had protected them from all those creatures.

"I'm good! Is momma Keef happy?" Misha questioned.

Her eyes were bright and innocent. I felt happy for once in my life. Well... I thought I was happy at Voltron. I pushed that thought away. Nothing can ruin this happy day.

"KEITH! KEITH! WE NEED YOUR HELP!" Gordon came running.

This alerted all the others and they quickly hid in their houses. I handed off the babies to the nearest adult, telling them to protect them till I come back. I may not be their biological parent but that doesn't stop them from being my children. A lot of the kids here were orphans.

"What's happening?" I asked as I ran next to Gordon. I pulled up my head and mask as I pulled my blade out.

"Giant lions were spotted right outside the city gate," he explained as we ran.

"Giant lions? They never come out here? I also thought the mint mist kept them away?" I mumbled to myself.

"Yeah, they do. But you see, these look like mechanical lions," he explained.

My brain came to a halt. Mechanical lions? No. It can't be. I can't face them, not after they kicked me out. I was suddenly consumed with rage.

"Those aren't just any mechanical lions. They're Voltron," I growled.

I looked as Gordon's face morphed into one of hatred. I told them how I was kicked out and they soon hated the team. They weren't against them saving the universe. But they did hate them. Especially after what they had done to me. These small fluffy creatures have hearts as big as galaxies but will hate someone for eternity if they cross one of their own.

"I'll talk to them," I said after taking a deep breath. "They're probably here for an alliance."

"Well, they shall get no such thing. How about you go back and I'll take them to the Queen," he explained. I slowly nodded before making my way back. Hopefully, nothing goes wrong.

I was staring up at the wooden feelings for what felt like ages. What would happen if I run into them? Would they still hate me? Will they attack me? Will they yell at me? I shuddered as I though of horrible things they might do.

"Keith? We need you in the kitchen. Lisa and Gorge has trashed it again," Gilda, the Castel cooker, explained as she opened my door.

I sighed as I stood up from my bed and made my way downstairs. I had my hood and mask on so hopefully even if I do run into any of the paladins I can just walk away. I was walking down the hall in peace when I heard screaming coming from the meeting room.

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN "NO?" DONT YOU WANT TO PUT AN END TO ZARKON?"

I shuddered as I recognize the voice of Allura. I started making my way towards the kitchen but something stopped me. I had to make sure the Queen was alright.

"I am sorry but a no is a no. Besides, we rather join forces with someone who don't judge people based by there species," I heard Queen Rosa said.

I peeked into the room to spot her sitting on a chair. Even with her small and fluffy figure she screamed authority. A silver and gold crown sat on top her head as her red ears twitched impatiently, her green eyes were hard and glared at the paladins, I gulped. They all looked the same. Pidge and Hunk were standing at the back observing while Lance stood near Shiro. Shiro and Allura were near the front. They were both obviously frustrated.

"Princess? Calm down," Shiro soothed, placing a hand in her shoulder before turning to face the Queen. "And what do you mean by that?"

"Did you not kick the red paladin out because of his galra heritage?" Rosa asked, cocking her head to the side.

"How-how do you know about that?" Lance stuttered. The whole group was staring at the Queen now.

"We'll it's quite hard to ignore an old pod floating around the place. And it's even stranger to find a paladin in it. I even almost up, out of food and water, cheeks damp with tears. We immediately took him in, he told us what had happened. We even helped him embrace his true side. Did you even know that he was hiding his galra side? And that it pained him greatly to do so?"

What was she doing? Why was she telling them this? I internally panicked as I peaked at the teams reaction. They held a face of shock.

"Keith's here? He's not dead?" Hunk spoke.

It seemed he had a hint of hope in his eyes. He was never mean to me. I think he may have been the only one to actually want me. And as if the universe was against me, I fell. Straight into the room. And you know the best part? My hood and mask had slipped down as well. Yippy! I scrambled to stand up while facing the team. I glared.

"K-Keith?" Shiro mumbled as if he didn't believe it.

I just glared harder.

"Keith!" Suddenly I was surrounded my a pain of arms. It was Hunk. He was crying and hugging me. "I-I'm so sorry I couldn't do anything! I tried to convince them you we're good but they wouldn't believe me!"

The others glared at me, obviously still hating me. Hunk continued to cry before I sent one final glare to the rest before leaving towards the kitchen. I could feel the others glares behind my back. But I didn't care. I had a friend again. And I was home. I had a full family. After that day Hunk decided to stay on this planet with me. He also got our lions so we were both happy. He came to love everyone and everyone loved him, and his cooking. Voltron lost many allies as everyone joined me and Hunk. We were all a big happy family. And the other paladins soon realized there mistake. But it was too late.