Aquarium Story

Inspired by a CCS comic series by https://www.deviantart.com/severflame/gallery?q=CCS%3A%20Sakura%20and%20Friends%20at%20the%20Aquarium and https://www.deviantart.com/the-sakura-samurai/gallery?q=CCS%3A%20Sakura%20and%20Friends%20at%20the%20Aquarium

~~~~~~~~~~

Since the separation of Team Arch, the Star Alliance needed to get away from all the action. Fortunately, they find one such thing: Their school is planning on a class trip to the aquarium, making it Sakura's first visit since the Watery fiasco from years ago.

One day, they meets up at a bus stop for the trip, minus Kai and his friends, with the latter group deciding on visiting Korea, and the former staying home due to a cold. The Richter Siblings couldn't come either as they have "business to attend to" in Germany, much to Meiling's dismay as she was looking forward to spending some time with them. The trip worries Sakura a little, as she still thinks that violence will follow her everywhere she goes. Prior to the trip, she even mentions this to Kero, who shows that the trip also involves the students to go scuba diving, which only worries her even more.

At the aquarium, the rest of the gang try their best to keep Sakura calm. Even Touya and Yukito try to help her. However, Sakura remains worried. While this was happening, Kai, who is staying at the Daidouji Household for the time being, goes against Sonomi's orders to stay put, and abruptly leaves to be with the gang, claiming that his illness is wearing off. Back at the aquarium, the kids, now wearing scuba suits, proceed to dive in, but Sakura decides to wait until she's the last one, before diving in.

In the aquarium tanks, Sakura's worries slowly go away, as the aquarium tanks remind her of SpongeBob's home, Bikini Bottom. This pleases the gang, and they all proceed to scour around the place. Sakura, Syaoran, Tomoyo, and a bored Meiling decide to feed the fish, with Meiling carrying a map to help them find certain locations. Chiharu and Takashi look over a sunken ship replica, making them think about the Star Alliance's cruise ship fiasco. Eriol, Naoko, and Rika observe one of every fish they come across. However, Rika remains silent throughout the whole thing. Some time later, the group reunites, but now, they're noticing Rika becoming worried. When asked, Rika explains that the water is reminding her about the day she nearly drowned from Eriol's attack spell. This causes Eriol to frantically apologize for his actions from that day and hug her out of guilt, but Rika calms him by mentioning how she already forgave him on the day that Sakura revealed her powers to her. Remembering what happened that day, Sakura decides to continue teaching Rika how to swim. This time, Rika appears to improving, much to everyone's delight. They gang decides to split up again to scour some more, with Meiling deciding to bring Rika along to also help her with swimming.

Sakura, Syaoran, Tomoyo, and Eriol soon appear next to the cafeteria portion of the aquarium, where they find Yukito waving at them. As they wave back at him, they become shocked to see Kai entering the area with a communicator in his hand. Using it, he calls the others and explains that his illness is wearing off. He then silently stares at the aquarium background, which reminds him of his previous visit to Hawaii. Sakura offers Kai the choice to join them, which he immediately accepts upon hearing Syaoran mentioning about Rika's trouble with swimming. He then mentions that how his uncle had taken him scuba diving once, and wishes to use his experience to help Rika with swimming.

Upon hearing his decision, the four swim back to Touya, and tell him about Kai's visit. Kai then appears in the Diving Room, where Touya gives him an extra scuba suit. With everything prepared, Kai proceeds to dive in. The four bring him to Meiling and Rika, and Meiling allows Kai to teach Rika how to swim. The five could only smile as they watch Rika and Kai spending some time together.